• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

flurry of Pendleton King Park reviews

Kinda funny and a bit sad to see political course drama in an area other than northern ill.

That smierzy guy has been busy lately

Def at it again, probably should delete these reviews as well. The comments and descriptions don't even justify 4 disc ratings.

It really looks like a 3 disc course to me, from descriptions and pics. Most reviewers rate .5 or more too high, in general though....

All the reviews say the same thing--Fast Eddie is doing a great job; not much more details but promises. Sounds like there is a positive metamorphosis going on.:clap: They seem to have got the message; no longer 4.5 inflated reviews but 3.5 reviews--unfortunately they don't really say anything but the course is being improved. If I was the course director, I would be embarrassed with such empty reviews.

At this point, there's not much I can do. The reviews are legit even if they are misleading. I've never played there so I can't make the call on who's right or wrong. One potential outcome of this is that more people will go to the course and if these reviews are indeed inflated, walk away disappointed and leave helpful reviews and accurate ratings that reflect reality.

At this point, there's not much I can do. The reviews are legit even if they are misleading. I've never played there so I can't make the call on who's right or wrong. One potential outcome of this is that more people will go to the course and if these reviews are indeed inflated, walk away disappointed and leave helpful reviews and accurate ratings that reflect reality.

I agree that the reviews themselves are good reviews, but I don't agree with the rating ...

... but I've decided to start doing reviews for all the courses I've played and I'll be playing PK this coming week and I'll be giving it an honest review.

The course has changed, and some improvements have been made.
But as Jason has alluded, some of the holes have been changed to make the course easier IMO.

IT WAS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard about this thread from one of my friends. I have been playing 15+ yrs and have played well over a hundred courses (indluding Stoney Hill; Greetings Sauls brothers). I live on the Pendleton King course off hole 2 and have been astounded by how good the course has come along in 3-4 months.

Augusta doesn't use DG Course review. You can tell by the very few reviews until recently w/ comments like "Lake O. is missing baskets" which we solved a year ago. A lot of the locals maybe new to DG Course review but not new to Disc Golf.

I love dgcoursereview and look to it as good way to see what improvements a course need. Many people said the P.K. course needs new signs, new tee pads, better flow, etc. A lot of these have been solved. So i thought it was time to update the reviews. I never thought that so many people would rate it. So i will post something on our facebook page to not rate it.

Just an example of where we are w/ technology. I have played many a private course and the owner tells me to rate it 5 stars. I don't think that we would fault him (Not talking about the Sauls). With Facebook it went viral and i agree it got out of control.

My name is Michael Heaberlin i live on PK and will buy anyone a beer who didn't have fun playing P.K. because of our reviews our simply to welcome you the new P.K.

Any questions please message me. Also, i hope the good in this is more Augusta people use DG course review.

Thanks for posting.

It might have been better if the enthusiastic reviewers listed Fast Eddie's hard work and the course improvements in "Other Thoughts" rather than "Pros". Something along the lines of, "If you haven't played PK in the past year, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the changes.

And say hello of Fast Eddie for me. He's a great guy, and we missed seeing him at The Battle of Stoney Hill.

... but I've decided to start doing reviews for all the courses I've played and I'll be playing PK this coming week and I'll be giving it an honest review.

I'm going to do the same. When are you planning to play, perhaps we could meet for a round?

I heard about this thread from one of my friends. I have been playing 15+ yrs and have played well over a hundred courses (indluding Stoney Hill; Greetings Sauls brothers). I live on the Pendleton King course off hole 2 and have been astounded by how good the course has come along in 3-4 months.

Augusta doesn't use DG Course review. You can tell by the very few reviews until recently w/ comments like "Lake O. is missing baskets" which we solved a year ago. A lot of the locals maybe new to DG Course review but not new to Disc Golf.

I love dgcoursereview and look to it as good way to see what improvements a course need. Many people said the P.K. course needs new signs, new tee pads, better flow, etc. A lot of these have been solved. So i thought it was time to update the reviews. I never thought that so many people would rate it. So i will post something on our facebook page to not rate it.

Just an example of where we are w/ technology. I have played many a private course and the owner tells me to rate it 5 stars. I don't think that we would fault him (Not talking about the Sauls). With Facebook it went viral and i agree it got out of control.

My name is Michael Heaberlin i live on PK and will buy anyone a beer who didn't have fun playing P.K. because of our reviews our simply to welcome you the new P.K.

Any questions please message me. Also, i hope the good in this is more Augusta people use DG course review.

I wouldn't tell people not to review it, I would just encourage them to write a real justification for their rating score that gives information about the course. More reviews isn't a bad thing, but if they're all homer reviews that don't go beyond a sentence or two then they're not contributing much here.

I have no issue with course owners or the folks who put a lot of effort into public courses encouraging players to share their unbiased opinion. I do have an issue when they're telling everybody to go rate it a 5 to bump it up, that compromises the integrity of the ratings here.

Thanks for posting.

It might have been better if the enthusiastic reviewers listed Fast Eddie's hard work and the course improvements in "Other Thoughts" rather than "Pros". Something along the lines of, "If you haven't played PK in the past year, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the changes.

I wouldn't tell people not to review it, I would just encourage them to write a real justification for their rating score that gives information about the course. More reviews isn't a bad thing, but if they're all homer reviews that don't go beyond a sentence or two then they're not contributing much here.

I have no issue with course owners or the folks who put a lot of effort into public courses encouraging players to share their unbiased opinion. I do have an issue when they're telling everybody to go rate it a 5 to bump it up, that compromises the integrity of the ratings here.

this this this

I agree that the reviews themselves are good reviews, but I don't agree with the rating ...

see i would say that the reviews are not good. i dont disagree with or agree with the rating. i havent played pendleton king. but the reviews scream, "written with no thought in less than a minute with no purpose other than to inflate the rating"

pretty sure that is what has drawn the attention of most people around here.

one of the above posters has it right: "better than it used to be" is not a pro. it's an other

see i would say that the reviews are not good. i dont disagree with or agree with the rating. i havent played pendleton king. but the reviews scream, "written with no thought in less than a minute with no purpose other than to inflate the rating"

pretty sure that is what has drawn the attention of most people around here.

one of the above posters has it right: "better than it used to be" is not a pro. it's an other

The new reviews now are "good"er than the old ones that had 3 sentences and 5 discs (I think that's what I meant)

The new reviews now are "good"er than the old ones that had 3 sentences and 5 discs (I think that's what I meant)

Oh the newest ones. Yeah true. I would still consider the flurry of 4.5 star content-free reviews to be nee

Rate the course what it is please. Stop trying to game the system, or counteract those who are.
Looks like with respect to a different course (or courses), someone didn't get the message.

To whom it may concern, stop using the review feature here to carry out your personal vendettas. And if you're going to do that anyway, don't make your vitriol so obvious.

We got 3 more reviews for PK today. All from people who list PK as the only course they've played. I wonder how many of these new reviews are from people whose older, questionable reviews were pulled.

Keep it up Augusta :clap:

I was on the fence about driving 4 hours to play Pendleton King, until I read the recent review that described as being near Publix, Kroger & Food Lion...now i'm all in. I may not have time for the IDGC, but by God, I'm playing the King. Where can i buy the sleeveless PK tee shirts ?

Last edited:
I was on the fence about driving 4 hours to play Pendleton King, until I read the recent review that described as being near Publix, Kroger & Food Lion...now i'm all in. I may not have time for the IDGC, but by God, I'm playing the King. Where can i buy the sleeveless PK tee shirts ?

No mention of a Piggly Wiggly nearby? What kind of town is this?

We got 3 more reviews for PK today. All from people who list PK as the only course they've played.

I actually green thumbed one of them. I can forgive the blatant course homering when someone actually writes up a nice list or an actual paragraph.

Latest posts