• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

flurry of Pendleton King Park reviews

The list encompasses the CSRA, which includes Richmond, Columbia, and Aiken County. It's probably not the most accurate thing, more of a propaganda magazine but still interesting as it pertains to this conversation. Heartman, did you end up playing PKP while in town recently? I am curious to see your review.......

Noooo *hangs head bashfully*

Never got down there and probably won't until early February. I probably should review some other courses too, before I write one up for PKP

EDIT: Just remembered we get MLK day off ... I'll be playing PKP on the 20th if anyone wants to join!!!!!!! best course in Augusta!!!!!

... but seriously: I will review it as objectively as an MA1 player can

Noooo *hangs head bashfully*

Never got down there and probably won't until early February. I probably should review some other courses too, before I write one up for PKP

EDIT: Just remembered we get MLK day off ... I'll be playing PKP on the 20th if anyone wants to join!!!!!!! best course in Augusta!!!!!

The course and course work looks amazing, but there are only so many 235 -275 foot shots you can throw and there are 18 of them at PKP.

What time are you looking to play?

Why Killer B? IDGC is on your way and cheaper...... :confused:

I'd rather play IDGC ... but haven't played the Hippodrome before, and I want to hit it before Nationals so that I can practice all the gimmicky shots ;)

newest review:

SGM Roc180 said:
Anybody who complains about the PK course does not have a clue what great is!

can't tell if satire ...

I was in the Augusta area last April and only got to play IDGC and the Hippodrome (plus its tourney-only courses because the college thingy was happening just after we left). I MISSED OUT ON PENDLETON KING, AND IT'S TOO LATE FOR ME NOW!!!! Sorrow, sorrow, sorrow...

I played PK today. It's probably my 6th or 7th round there. In my opinion it is a nice course with well maintained fairways. It is definitely an older course that has hole lengths that reflect the disc technology from an older era. This fact alone would have to drop .5-1.0 stars.
In addition, I am not a fan of the shape of several of the holes. These holes (there are about 4 of them between hole 6 and hole 15) require you to throw a shot that travels 50-100 feet then turn rather sharply right and travel another 150+ feet to the basket. I may be shorting these distances or maybe my description, but this isn't a shot I have regardless. These are 200-275 feet par 3's and I could probably 2 them 15% of the time. It would take a spectacular forehand shot that hit a great line, then also skipped a great distance and caught a lucky roll. I will admit that it's possible I don't know the local lines that make these holes a bit more playable, but as an infrequent player of this course this many "bad" holes leaves me deducting at least another.5 stars. So long story to concur that this isn't a 5 star course.
Oh, and the Hippo is a big fat stink pile.

>>Oh, and the Hippo is a big fat stink pile.<<

Really? It had a "miniature golf" feel to it at times, but I thought it was otherwise great...

The latest PK reviews make me wonder if we need to add another icon to the "was this review helpful" yes and no button. It would simply have a picture of Homer Simpson. If ten unique users click the Homer icon, you not only get a down vote for each, but your review stops counting towards the average.
:p

images

The entertainment value of this story is going to be further enhanced when these PK fans start reviewing other courses. If they start reviewing other courses, but surely they didn't just sign up to proclaim PK the best disc golf course ever. I'm waiting to see what they have to say about Flyboy or Renny or Selah Ranch or.................

according to the most recent review it gets a 5 because it's clean and golf cart friendly...

... well i guess the practice course in my yard is a 5 then.

according to the most recent review it gets a 5 because it's clean and golf cart friendly...

... well i guess the practice course in my yard is a 5 then.

Really? Wow...

I've played PKP several times over the years, and while it's a decent course, it's not a 5 disc course.
But then again, that's my opinion. If someone wants to inflate the rating by posting a lot of reviews, I would think that it will not go over well.

Is your yard also easy and good for beginners? Can't be the best course ever if it isn't.

I plan on driving my car around PKP tomorrow ... I mean, if a course isn't car friendly then it's not 5 discs IMHO