• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

how do they throw? i was looking at some e-stars earlier.

I can't comment too much cause Ive only tossed a new one in a field a few times but it's a tick less stable then a new star imo. Straight and mild forward fade. Mine is on the flatter side as well. 175/Orange/new stamp.

O-Rly-owls-13509350-282-282.jpg

yoinked.

jk, i decided not to. i wanted to see what my gstar and champ and dx can do.

the gstar is definitely more stable than the dx, but not in a way that if fades earlier. it simply flies straighter. when i really get after the DX i basically could on some flip and either adjust my throwing angle or throw higher to let it pan out. the gstar you can really just crush on and not worry too much about it.

gstar is a true workhorse for someone at my distance, imo. it's a great disc, hopefully other people are trying them and loving them. even at 360-380, there's just about 0 turn and a little fade.

Well, I lost my flippy 11x teebird this weekend. Probably the worst day of my life :sick:

jk, i decided not to. i wanted to see what my gstar and champ and dx can do.

the gstar is definitely more stable than the dx, but not in a way that if fades earlier. it simply flies straighter. when i really get after the DX i basically could on some flip and either adjust my throwing angle or throw higher to let it pan out. the gstar you can really just crush on and not worry too much about it.

gstar is a true workhorse for someone at my distance, imo. it's a great disc, hopefully other people are trying them and loving them. even at 360-380, there's just about 0 turn and a little fade.

I've tried dropping the champ tb so far this year. Now I have DX TB, GStar TB, Star FB, Champ FB and it's been working well without feeling like there are gaps or shots missing.

Interesting. I've recently become addicted to 11x CAL TB's because for me they do exactly this with my 320ish feet I throw regularly. The 12x's and Dx and other Birds are great and I definitely use them on some throws but I just haven't found any others that are laser straight with just a tiny bit of fade other than a very fresh Dx. That's just my experience though. Maybe I should see if the GStar can fill this spot for me - would be about half as much per disc it looks like!

And by the way, I'm not usually one to claim OOP discs help someone play better but that's one disc I feel is worth $30 for a slightly used one for myself. I'd spend almost $20 a disc (likely upwards of 4 times) trying out other stuff to fill that spot. The other OOP stuff I have is just for fun though haha.

The G* will be what you want it to be. You can even get F2s from the proshop which come with quantity discounts...I like the 20% of an order of 10.

I felt one at a PIAS over the weekend and seemed to be fairly flat compared to the current Champ stuff. That's another main complaint I have about the 12x's I've tried. I have big hands and they already don't fit the fairway drivers very well so I really like the flatness of the 11x CAL tooled ones. Are they G* pretty flat on a consistent basis so far? If so I think I'll buy a couple this week to try out.

My experience is with the Proshop runs and CFRs, but all 20 have a mild dome and most have almost identical PLHs.

My 172-175 blue and orange G* teebirds are all about the same dome as my 11x CA champ TB's, with a little less squared off edge.

Really loving the G* birds.

Teebird setup as of late:
Flat glow - OS/headwinds
Flattish 12x champ - standard TB shots, mild headies.
G* - super straight, late mild fade. Awesome grip. Longer than the other two birds. Also the softer plastic doesn't like to skip much. Usually sticks well where it lands.

Interesting. I've recently become addicted to 11x CAL TB's because for me they do exactly this with my 320ish feet I throw regularly. The 12x's and Dx and other Birds are great and I definitely use them on some throws but I just haven't found any others that are laser straight with just a tiny bit of fade other than a very fresh Dx. That's just my experience though. Maybe I should see if the GStar can fill this spot for me - would be about half as much per disc it looks like!

And by the way, I'm not usually one to claim OOP discs help someone play better but that's one disc I feel is worth $30 for a slightly used one for myself. I'd spend almost $20 a disc (likely upwards of 4 times) trying out other stuff to fill that spot. The other OOP stuff I have is just for fun though haha.

CAL tooled 11x Teebirds are the cat's meow, they are totally worth the money. And if you snagged one for $30 consider it a deal, I just dropped $45 on a 7.5/10 pearly and am totally happy with it. Nothing else flys or feels like them. I would be interested in a Gstar if the plastic wasn't so gummy and soft. Everyone comments on how well they mold up compared to recent runs.

You know me...I live and die by my 11x CALs. But, I have to be honest, since bagging my IFS G* TB I find myself reaching for my CAL less and less. Its kinda turning my world upside down lol. All of my IFS G*TBs are 11x CAL flat, but every production run G* TB I've picked up is domier, like a CA mold. Not sure what I'll do once I run out of the IFS ones. I might try flattening a Production G*, but I'm thinking the softer plastic wont flatten well.

The G* def compares very well to an 11x CAL. Flatter, faster, and straighter than other TB molds.

You know me...I live and die by my 11x CALs. But, I have to be honest, since bagging my IFS G* TB I find myself reaching for my CAL less and less. Its kinda turning my world upside down lol. All of my IFS G*TBs are 11x CAL flat, but every production run G* TB I've picked up is domier, like a CA mold. Not sure what I'll do once I run out of the IFS ones. I might try flattening a Production G*, but I'm thinking the softer plastic wont flatten well.

The G* def compares very well to an 11x CAL. Flatter, faster, and straighter than other TB molds.

Word! That's great to know. I will have to try them out. Or if I wait long enough maybe people like you will try them and the prices of 11x CAL's will drop to $20 each and then I wont care either way haha!

Word! That's great to know. I will have to try them out. Or if I wait long enough maybe people like you will try them and the prices of 11x CAL's will drop to $20 each and then I wont care either way haha!

HAHA...If that happens I'll be buying Cals along w you. I really doubt I will ever sell any

Well, I haven't had my champ teebird that long but I can already tell a difference in how it flies. I like it. At first I was having a tough time finding space for it between my Banshee and gstar. It's taken a ride on some asphalt, railed some trees, hit hard with spike hyzers. The more I use it the more I realize it really is a great workhorse. I can save my Banshee for the real wind. It is definitely gliding a bit more than it originally did. The more I work with it the more I want to throw it. My spd is basically just a more wind resistant champ teebird. it sees basically no use. The champ/gstar/dx combo is a great one. You have fairway and control driver distance lines covered. Hell, even the gstar goes as far as my control drivers. I think I will continue to bag my patriot though. Definitely more forgiving if it flips a little too far.

Nailed a nice one with my JL TB today.

There was a picnic set up in the middle of hole 9 at my local. Decided to step to the side and back and let one rip. 325', mild wind, hyzer line. Threw it flat about 25 yards right and smashed chains. Picnic group erupted and I got a big grin on my face.

Too bad it wasn't from the real tee.

Next hole I chucked my beat DX about 375' with some tailwind love.

TBs rock.

Last edited:

Latest posts