• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I lost my beat in G* Teebird today....skipped straight into a pond. It was my favorite disc and I'm looking for a replacement. I can't find anywhere online besides OTB that has flatness of the discs and I don't want a domey one. What should I do?! The AJ teebirds are too dumpy/meat hook-y and I can't find an online retailer that tells the flatness of a disc (besides OTB and they don't have any somewhat flat ones). I've tried Rivals and they just don't have the fade of a teebird to me. Maybe an explorer? or just go with a neutral flatness Teebird?

Any of the big online guys will respond to questions via calls/emails. Little more work but nice to get exactly what you want.

I lost my beat in G* Teebird today....skipped straight into a pond. It was my favorite disc and I'm looking for a replacement. I can't find anywhere online besides OTB that has flatness of the discs and I don't want a domey one. What should I do?! The AJ teebirds are too dumpy/meat hook-y and I can't find an online retailer that tells the flatness of a disc (besides OTB and they don't have any somewhat flat ones). I've tried Rivals and they just don't have the fade of a teebird to me. Maybe an explorer? or just go with a neutral flatness Teebird?

In the short term you can use a DX Teebird until you find a suitable replacement. And I can't believe that many places like Infinite and Disc Golf Center won't try to help you out to find what you want from their inventory. Give 'em a call.

I have quite a few G* tbirds, what weight do you throw? These are flat.

DSC04758.jpg

You need Gstar Teebird3. Awesome disc

I've never thrown one because I always enjoyed what my Teebird did so I never had a reason to lol. Why should I try one?
Because you wanted flatter teebird that isn't as overstable as AJ teebirds. G TB3 is exactly what you are looking for

Link | Judge | Jokeri | Teebird | PD | Destroyer

I'm so sorry you just discovered them, imagine what you just threw but 93% more amazing back in the 90's when the plastic was amazeballs.

Almost every mold I have in my bag has a DX version. Younger/newer players hear all about the premium plastic and think to throw that makes them a better or more serious golfer. It doesn't.

On the topic of DX teebirds, I usually throw them until they are too beat for use (the hyper flip ones tend to stack up after a couple years). After that I flatten them. I boil the disc and put a perfectly flat cast iron skillet on top. A flattened DX bird flies more OS than a new DX bird, but won't break in as nicely. Basically extends the life of the disc by another couple hundred throws.

I'm so sorry you just discovered them, imagine what you just threw but 93% more amazing back in the 90's when the plastic was amazeballs.

Yeah I was under that moronic impression that DX plastic isn't as good since it's base, now I have a bag full of it, but mainly rocs and teebirds

Yeah I was under that moronic impression that DX plastic isn't as good since it's base, now I have a bag full of it, but mainly rocs and teebirds

Now go get DX versions of your max d driver. DX Destroyers bomb. DX Orcs are criminally underrated. Unfortunately DX Wraiths suck...

Almost every mold I have in my bag has a DX version. Younger/newer players hear all about the premium plastic and think to throw that makes them a better or more serious golfer. It doesn't.
One of my favorite things to do is invite over new guys to flip through "the stash." They always come in thinking I'm sitting on a bunch of CE Firebirds, Nightshift Orcs and PFN Star Destroyers. About 1/3 of the way through I'll hear the anguished wail of "ALL THIS **** IS DX!" Yes, yes it is. :p

Has anybody purchased this year's Nybo Splatter Star Teebird yet? How are they compared to last year's unfortunately Shimmer Star but wonderfully flying run?

Also, heck yes DX is awesome. If you throw anything under speed 9 you're doing yourself a disservice for not throwing the DX version of the disc. Especially DX Banshees, Rocs, and Teebirds.

Latest posts