• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fossa Backpack

So the bags only got held up if you followed anything on here? That doesn't make much sense. June 3rd is not April or May, and I didn't ask you.

In regards to why they were late, I literally could not care less. If they wouldn't have waited to the last week of a 9 week window they would have gotten them delivered in time even with a one week hold up.

Now, in regards to my actual complaint, why did retailers have bags for sale before pre-orders received theirs? Help me understand, since you seem to spend a lot of time here.

Jeez, calm down. It's just a disc golf bag. And your complaint is about a few days between retailers getting bags and your friend. For a new business, that's pretty damn good.

And don't you think they wanted to send them out sooner? They aren't personally producing all the bags in house. I'm sure they have an estimate for production time but they can't really control how long it takes for the manufacturer to finish all the bags.

I am starting to think people Pre-Order bags from small DG bag companies just to complain about them being late. Seriously, seems like every company out there had delays or issues with their first pre-order backpack bag. Yet people continue to assume and get mad when things get at all delayed. We are suppose to learn from the past. If you can't handle it, don't pre-order bags.

I am starting to think people Pre-Order bags from small DG bag companies just to complain about them being late. Seriously, seems like every company out there had delays or issues with their first pre-order backpack bag. Yet people continue to assume and get mad when things get at all delayed. We are suppose to learn from the past. If you can't handle it, don't pre-order bags.

^ This

When I back a product on kickstarter, I do not typically bank of the items being available on an exact date. In fact, with this particular bag I'm opting to go grab on in person from plastic addicts' new store in Peoria Il, then i'm there in August.
BECAUSE I didn't know when I could expect the bag to arrive, and I wanted to see some reviews on it first.

Got my Tana bag in on the 30th and have been able to get out for a few rounds with it. I'm really impressed with the bag, especially considering the price. Construction and materials are solid. Zippers are solid and sturdy and the stitching is well done. I managed to fit 22 discs in the bag; 5 putters, 7 mids, and 10 drivers. Getting the discs in and out of the main pocket isn't too hard and you can get to discs on the sides without much problem. I'm sure that will get even easier as the bag breaks in a bit. The upper deck slot is nice in addition to the side putter pocket since I can keep my main upshot dagger in the upper slot and still get to my main putting Dagger without taking the bag off. I really dig the auxiliary pockets. The tall pocket on the side fit my Bluetooth speaker perfectly and the phone pocket fits my iPhone perfectly. Not sure if the new big iPhone 6's would fit with an otter box on it though since my 5c is kinda snug. The other side's small pockets fit my keys and wallet with room to spare. The top pocket is legit, I had a 3XL hoodie in there along with some snacks and other things. The fit while on your back is a bit odd at first. I'm a bigger fella and it wasn't quite sitting right until found the right length for the straps. By the end of the first round however I wasn't even thinking about it. The padding on the back is comfy and allows some nice air flow. All in all I'm very happy with the bag. Admittedly I haven't owned any other backpack bag to compare it too but compared to my fade tourney with backpack straps its a worlds difference.

Felt one of these up at our local shop, which is on its second shipment of the bags already. For $100, it's not a bad bag. Plenty of storage space, and the adjustable top shelf in the main storage cavity is a nice spot for putters. The material seems like it'll hold up well without having to be the bulletproof stuff of higher end bags.

The main weakness, in my limited opinion, is the padding in the shoulder straps. They are just paper thin. The back padding was awesome, but I'd be worried that the shoulder straps would wear out and become uncomfortable quickly, especially with a full load. Hopefully future versions will add some more padding, because it's a killer value otherwise.

So I bought one of the zoma bags. Wow, great little bag. I have a golf mahl, a voodoo karma, a lat64 pro bag, and several other smaller bags. With the exception of the mahl, this might be my favorite. It's small and compact, but sits on my hip well. Only thing I wish it had was a putter pocket. It really is a great quick round disc, and for $45 (including the shipping) it's a pretty sweet deal.

I've played my first big round with the Tana yesterday, it's comfortable and I find discs easy to access, which I find most important. It seems to tip over easily though.

Realized last week that Fossa is a Missouri company just like RDG....

I love to support local so I ordered up a Tana. I'll be sure to give a little breakdown of what I think the bag does for me.

I currently rock a Gecko and C14 so my casual and competitive rounds are pretty well locked down with some of the best bags in the business. We will see if the features of the Tana will start stealing rounds from the C14

So I was going to wait until August to order one. But I ordered one last Thursday, got the Bag by Saturday. Took it out for it's first round yesterday.
The bag is great.
stands up great on the ground.
Rides great on your back.
has pockets and storage for anthing you can think of.

My friend who has a ranger bag, said he wishes he would have bought one instead of the ranger.

Anyone had the bag for a while now and been using it daily? How is it holding up? Any issues you ran into after a while? Looking to pull the trigger on this backpack.

I saw the other bag they make that holds 8 or so. Looked to be quality made.

I just got my Tana in the mail and so far I'm pretty happy with it. I have 25 discs total in there comfortably. One thing I have concerns with is Fossa's customer service and replacement policy as I also have the small Zoma bag which tore around the drink holder after only a few rounds and I never heard back from them about it.

BUT, I really wish I had waited on the Tana, as they recently announced the Tana "Pro". It's black on black, built out of the high quality Teflon-coated fabric, and comes with a rain fly and additional features for only $50 more. If people think the Tana is competitive I can't wait to see what they think about that one.

I just pre-ordered a pro. $145 shipped. 1000D Cordura, super thick straps, and a rainfly included. Expected to ship in november. I'll report back when it comes in.

I like my Tana so I can't see how you could go wrong with the Pro, especially for only $45 more. Should turn out to be a good buy.

I'm interested in buying a Tana, but I don't see any mention of a warranty. Is there one? If so what kind and for how long is it?

I'm interested in buying a Tana, but I don't see any mention of a warranty. Is there one? If so what kind and for how long is it?
Heard back from Fossa really fast when I asked them. They have a 30 days no questions asked as well as a one year limited on all their bags. Wish it was a longer warranty, but I guess any major flaws would have exposed themselves before a year anyway.

Wait a second, did you just answer your own question?

I had the opposite experience with my Fossa Zoma. The stitching around the drink holder came out in less than 20 days and about 5 rounds. I wrote them emails asking what their policy was and they never responded to me. Maybe I just need to keep bugging them, but that's kind of a pain to do.

In any case, I still think they make good stuff for the price. I would definitely buy a Tana Pro if I didn't just get a Tana. I just wouldn't expect them to be helpful in any way if something goes wrong with it, because that isn't my experience so far.

Wait a second, did you just answer your own question?

I had the opposite experience with my Fossa Zoma. The stitching around the drink holder came out in less than 20 days and about 5 rounds. I wrote them emails asking what their policy was and they never responded to me. Maybe I just need to keep bugging them, but that's kind of a pain to do.

In any case, I still think they make good stuff for the price. I would definitely buy a Tana Pro if I didn't just get a Tana. I just wouldn't expect them to be helpful in any way if something goes wrong with it, because that isn't my experience so far.
LOL yeah I did. After I posted this I posted on their Facebook page and asked them about the warranty and they answered pretty fast.

So I just got my new Tana in the mail today, and I opened it up and unfortunately already have some problems. The stitching is torn on the pencil/scorecard pocket about 1/4 of the way down. Also I got 2 right side cradle divider pieces pieces instead of a right and a left.

I contacted Fossa on their Facebook page again, and they responded in a few hours that they'd get it fixed, but did day how, so we'll see how it goes.

Latest posts