• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fossa Backpack

mine has been fine standing up so far and i live here in the South were everything we play is up/down hill lol .. maybe they have a lot of stuff in the top section and its throwing it off balance? But again i have only played 4 rounds with it so far

I get two in the side pocket just fine .. i use Big Bead Protege Clozers too .. when i first got it i was worried it was going to be tight but fit just fine .. its a little odd trying to use the pocket behind them though.. i tend to leave it empty or put extra towels in there or something .. been loving the bag thus far and have no negatives to say about it.. for the price its very very hard to beat

Well been using the Tana Pro for about a month now and I'm thoroughly impressed! Rides great, plenty of storage, great quality and durability.. i could go on and on.. for the price this is an amazing product!

Really considering this bag, can anyone tell me why choose this over the Lat 64 Luxury E2? Similar price, and cannot see both in person. Appreciate any input

Really considering this bag, can anyone tell me why choose this over the Lat 64 Luxury E2? Similar price, and cannot see both in person. Appreciate any input

Can't speak for the Lat 64 bag, but the Fossa Tana Pro is well padded, high quality materials, and very comfortable. Ample storage, well designed for a medium sized backpack.
Only modification I made was swapping out the cradle in the main compartment with a pvc frame I already had built.

I have yet to come across a medium sized backpack I'd rather have at less than $150....

Thanks kinger, I may be buying this bag this week after I sell some discs. My ID large bag is showing some serious wear after only a month of use. The lat 64 seems a little big but I see it the most when I watch the pros. Only reason why I might consider it.

Thanks kinger, I may be buying this bag this week after I sell some discs. My ID large bag is showing some serious wear after only a month of use. The lat 64 seems a little big but I see it the most when I watch the pros. Only reason why I might consider it.

It's all about preference. This bag will handle around 20 discs, but I typically carry 12-15. It's not a huge backpack which is what I was after. I'm pushing 40 with a sensitive lower back, and this bag is the most comfortable I've tried.

:thmbup:

Just received a tana pro. Not too flimsy and not very rigid, but better than my infinite disc large bag. Going to see how it is when I go out tomorrow.

Can someone that has done the PVC frame improvement give some dimensions please? it would make recreating it easier.
I'm ordering this bag right now and im debating creating the frame before it gets to me. I'm going to store beer and lunch in the top compartment so having a more solid frame is probably a must.
im really excited for this season!

The I use is 1/2 pvc:
Height - 4 - 3"
Depth - 4 - 4"
Width - 2 - 10"
4 corner connectors
4 elbow

This allows me to store:

6 drivers
4 fairway drivers
5 midranges
2 putters

Plus one putter on the shelf and two in the side pocket

Last edited:
Thanks! i wish there was a "this post was helpful" sort of button i could tap for you.

Can someone that has done the PVC frame improvement give some dimensions please? it would make recreating it easier.
I'm ordering this bag right now and im debating creating the frame before it gets to me. I'm going to store beer and lunch in the top compartment so having a more solid frame is probably a must.
im really excited for this season!

I was able to use the pvc frame that I had previously built for another bag, and it fits perfectly.
It measures 12-1/2" wide x 8" deep x 6-1/2" high (out to out dimensions).

The bag does come with a cradle divider for your discs, but I found the pvc frame opens up the main compartment better and adds more rigidity.

I like the pvc frame because it pushes the discs towards the middle while the cradle that comes with it pushes the discs to the edge.

I was able to use the pvc frame that I had previously built for another bag, and it fits perfectly.
It measures 12-1/2" wide x 8" deep x 6-1/2" high (out to out dimensions).

The bag does come with a cradle divider for your discs, but I found the pvc frame opens up the main compartment better and adds more rigidity.
Could you post a pic?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

The I use is 1/2 pvc:
Height - 4 - 3"
Depth - 4 - 4"
Width - 2 - 10"
4 corner connectors
4 elbow

This allows me to store:

6 drivers
4 fairway drivers
5 midranges
2 putters

Plus one putter on the shelf and two in the side pocket
Could you post a pic

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Here are pics

Attachments

• IMG_20160508_160717799_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160508_160717799_HDR.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20160508_160744563.jpg
    IMG_20160508_160744563.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20160508_160810222.jpg
    IMG_20160508_160810222.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 95
I want to know the dimensions for that larger PVC frame that also support the top, and does this make it harder to get the discs in the top putter pocket?