• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Foxbat

It would be a top not bottom

It is amazing how many people don't understand mold construction, or the molding process for that matter. Any lettering that appears on the underside of the flight plate is engraved in the portion of the mold that makes the BOTTOM of the disc. Please explain to me why you think it would be the top, I'm intrigued.

It is amazing how many people don't understand mold construction, or the molding process for that matter. Any lettering that appears on the underside of the flight plate is engraved in the portion of the mold that makes the BOTTOM of the disc. Please explain to me why you think it would be the top, I'm intrigued.

Yea my sarcasm didnt come thru in my post

Can't speak for anyone else, but that's still the top. Are you saying that the flight plate has two layers?

Can't speak for anyone else, but that's still the top. Are you saying that the flight plate has two layers?

If you recycle the portion of the mold that makes the "top", you are recycling the half the makes the top, domed surface of the disc. The underside of the wing, the lip on the disc, and the underside of the flight plate (including engraving) are all created by the "bottom" portion of the mold.

I just got one today and it looks like it has the super stingray bottom wing but the nose is a lot sharper. I am hoping it will fly like a faster QMS.

qm8yOGol.jpg

:D

Just got one yesterday for my Innova Christmas disc.

to my surprise i had a christmas foxbat and 2014 calendar sitting on my doorstep when i got home from work yesterday. mine was kind of a cadet blue color, had a bit of swirliness like gold line does. i'm not sure what to think of the disc, it felt like it had a fairly deep grip and the nose of the disc wasn't what i was expecting. for whatever reason i was thinking of something maybe like a fuse a little bit. i also thought the ft initials on the bottom were strange, but i guess f, fb, and fx have been used at some point on the firechicken.

i'll probably trade it away but wouldn't mind tossing one at some point.

to my surprise i had a christmas foxbat and 2014 calendar sitting on my doorstep when i got home from work yesterday. mine was kind of a cadet blue color, had a bit of swirliness like gold line does. i'm not sure what to think of the disc, it felt like it had a fairly deep grip and the nose of the disc wasn't what i was expecting. for whatever reason i was thinking of something maybe like a fuse a little bit. i also thought the ft initials on the bottom were strange, but i guess f, fb, and fx have been used at some point on the firechicken.

i'll probably trade it away but wouldn't mind tossing one at some point.

Can I interest you in anything? I'm curious about it.

I just got back from playing with my Christmas FoxBat for the first time. It's a beautiful blue with a copper stamp. The instability took a few throws to get used to, but once I did, it flew great. It's great for hyzer flips that just continue to go right. This would be a great beginner disc as it forces you to control your hand angle but has a nice glide to get some distance. For more experienced players, it's great for right turns, tail winds, or hyzer flips. In my opinion, it's easier to get up to speed than an Atlas. Here's a summary of what I saw with a 174g FoxBat:
Low power-
Hyzer: Held the hyzer line
Flat: Flew straight with a gently fade
Anhyzer: Slowly straightened out, no fade

Medium Power-
Hyzer: Flipped up and flew straight, no fade
Flat: Gentle turn (no turnover), no fade
Anhyzer: Turned over

Full power-
Hyzer: Flipped up and turned right, no fade. With a tail wind, this throw goes straight and glides forever. Easily over 100 yards.
Flat: Turned over
Anhyzer: This was a terrible idea...don't throw it this way

Directions are based on RHBH. Power is based on an arm that can throw drives out to 400 feet.

Latest posts