• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Foxbat

I threw mine today and it does have crazy glide. I was throwing with left hand so take my review with grain if salt. It flew best at 50% power. Little bit harder and it did slow gentle controlled turnover. Harder than 70% and I had not great results. I probably had mucho OAT though with my off hand.

Star Foxbat Release Date Jan 13th

Before I got running off to the shop on the 13th. Do you know if vendors are being shipped these discs prior to the 13th and this is the first day on the shelf? Or is this Innovas first ship out date?

ALMOST NOBODY WILL HAVE DISCS ON THE 13th... That is the date they start shipping. Not the date that dealers can put them on the shelves. Shipping won't even begin until the 13th. So factor in proximity to Ontario, CA or Rock Hill, SC for shipping times. I would imagine Wednesday is the soonest you'll see them locally.

Call before you make a trip to the shop... Make sure they have them in hand.

ALMOST NOBODY WILL HAVE DISCS ON THE 13th... That is the date they start shipping. Not the date that dealers can put them on the shelves. Shipping won't even begin until the 13th. So factor in proximity to Ontario, CA or Rock Hill, SC for shipping times. I would imagine Wednesday is the soonest you'll see them locally.

Call before you make a trip to the shop... Make sure they have them in hand.

Thanks for the heads up! :thmbup:

I put all of my shipment on the market place - - - listed by stamp foil type

Stock Z Comet on the left, stock stamped Star Foxbat on the right.

The Foxbat feels just as deep/tall/domey as the Comet, but contoured a bit differently. It definitely has a microbead and the two I have both have some light flashing. Normally I'd scrape that right off, but I'll test 'em out first.

I should be able to get a couple rounds in this weekend. Windy, bitter rounds.

Attachments

• cometfoxbat.jpg
    cometfoxbat.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 154
I'll just keep talking to myself here. I got some use out of this guy at league today. I used it off the tee on 5 holes and birdied 4 of them! Add to that a clutch FH spike-anhyzer upshot to save par. I threw it like I would throw a Comet, and that was a winning strategy. I was using it on putter holes mostly, 220'ish, because: winter golf. It appeared to hold my release angle, with a slight right drift, and truly no fade. A useful disc to have around, expecially since it doesn't require a season's worth of seasoning. On the other hand - I'm curious how this guy's gonna fly after a seasons' worth of seasoning...

We talked about it a little after the round. A couple guys thought they felt weird, and we agreed that it was something like a beadless Aviar, only a mid. Most of the guys had never heard of the thing. I found I enjoyed the feel while throwing it more than I thought I would.

yeah, actually feels fine in the hand in my opinion. It's like a Dart but with a pointy arrowhead rim.
I'm sure people will love it for understable approaches.

Ok, so I went ahead and picked up one of these. 180g Proto-stamped. There weren't a lot of reviews about this disc, but from what I read it sounded like a hyzer flip mid, and yep, it is. I only got 10 or so throws in, distances ranging from 225' to 325'. Although it is a very small sample size I think this disc could be a good replacement for anyone throwing CE QMSs. Yep, I know, that's totally blasphemy, but it seemed to take on the same characteristics. Pretty much goes where you throw. Holds anhyzer lines with ease, and holds hyzer lines predictably. It probably is a little less stable than a brand new 10/10 CE QMS, but it sure is $50 cheaper. I'll keep testing it and post back after several rounds.

ETA: This is comparable to the Mako3, but I didn't like the feel of the Mako, and I think the Mako is a little nose angle sensitive. The Foxbat is funky too, but the star plastic (which has some GSTar characteristics) just feels better, IMO.

Last edited:
I finally got to throw today so I took out my new Foxbats. One is 180g (pink) and one is 167g (blue).

The blue one is for sure Gstar but the pink I have no idea. Its not pearly, it feels different and looks like regular star.

Regardless, I did throw them quite a bit today at a shorter course. My usual favorite mid is a 180g Mako3 in champ. For me, the M3 has a very straight flight but it does have some fade at the end even when thrown with a little anhyzer.

I really, really, really like the 180 FT. It is laser straight with no noticeable fade at all. It feels like it flies so slow but it was giving me pretty good distance without being able to do a full run up due to the ice/snow. I didnt find it to be near as sensitive as the M3. I will really like this one for a long time just due to its insanely straight flight. If I didnt throw it in the fairway it was not going to turn back. It was heading straight into the rough.

Now, the 167. Talk about a flippy guy. It was very easy for me to turn this one over on about a 70%. It just did not want to fly good at all. I will take it out a few more times but im not sure. Anyone else with a light one have this issue?

Now, the 167. Talk about a flippy guy. It was very easy for me to turn this one over on about a 70%. It just did not want to fly good at all. I will take it out a few more times but im not sure. Anyone else with a light one have this issue?

I have thrown 167, 168 and 170 gram Foxbats. It goes where I throw it. If I throw it straight and flat it goes straight, if I give it a little bit of anny, it will turn. It does not hold up in a headwind, but flies great with tailwinds.

However, the very best thing about the Foxbat is the flat landing. :clap: