• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Foxbat

I love trying new plastic but TBH this sounds like something i don't need, sounds identical in flight to the Mako3 i throw.

Are these are the type of disc that can easily be torqued enough to flip from almost any amount of hyzer? I use my really worn rocs or a DX stingrays currently for this purpose. The flight line is like throwing a sidewinder but with a mid. Basically throwing hyzer and it turning over right as it begins slowing down and never comes back. My mako 3s will stay left or just get up to straight almost no matter what if I release a clean hyzer. Only lighter ones seem to flip no matter what for me but is always too early.

Are these are the type of disc that can easily be torqued enough to flip from almost any amount of hyzer? I use my really worn rocs or a DX stingrays currently for this purpose. The flight line is like throwing a sidewinder but with a mid. Basically throwing hyzer and it turning over right as it begins slowing down and never comes back. My mako 3s will stay left or just get up to straight almost no matter what if I release a clean hyzer. Only lighter ones seem to flip no matter what for me but is always too early.

I throw a 171 Mako3 and it will hold a hyzer the entire time without flipping up on a smooth throw, granted it's a very gradual smooth forward reaching hyzer.

I love trying new plastic but TBH this sounds like something i don't need, sounds identical in flight to the Mako3 i throw.

It's close but not identical. The m3 is my favorite mid but the Foxbat is going in the bag. I don't have to worry about the fade because there is none. Flies straight and slows straight. Lands flat with no rolling at all.

I throw a 171 Mako3 and it will hold a hyzer the entire time without flipping up on a smooth throw, granted it's a very gradual smooth forward reaching hyzer.

I could have been more clear I guess. I have the same experience with my mako3's. I want to find a premium plastic disc that actually won't hold the line as well and go ahead and flip later in the flight, even on a hyzer. The star stingray and super stingray won't, at least at max weight. I can always start testing lower weights but that is more discs to buy that I won't ultimately use. A super-flippy disc that I know will do its job at max weight would just rock. I am going to trade for one and try it for a while.

foxbat sounds a lot like a dart in terms of feel and flight.
Anyone thrown both? What's the difference?

foxbat sounds a lot like a dart in terms of feel and flight.
Anyone thrown both? What's the difference?

Yes indeed I just got back from a soccer field where all I did was throw line drives will all of my mids as sort of a competition between discs to learn which ones I really needed in the bag. I'll start with these 2.

The dart is one of the straightest discs I've ever throw. It's not very long but is just dead straight. The only think that keeps me from loving this disc is that it just feels wonky in my hand with the big dome of floppy r-pro plastic. It just doesn't give me that confidence inspiring feeling. But is goes dead straight.

I love my foxbat and nothing could pull this out of my bag. If thrown flat mine (168) will turn right every time even under moderate power and I don't have a big arm at all. I just love being able to put a gentle toss on it and watch it stay fairly level and watch is slowly sweep right with that slow never ending glide. It's a slow disc but it goes long because it hangs in the air forever with NO FADE. Seriously this disc has NO FADE - it's the only disc I've ever thrown that doesn't have any. I can make this one go dead straight with a good bit of hyzer. Very interesting a different disc and very unique in my opinion. I bought it for a straight disc but I ended up using it as my left to right sweeper and couldn't be happier.

I won't go into all of the mids I threw today but the goal of the day was to find the one that I wanted to use low bee-line lazer beams. The winner is turning out to be the Tangent but the Mako3 is so sweet as well. With a flat release these 2 just beam in a straight line and always land close to each other - great discs. Although roughly equal for lazer beams I prefer to use the tangent for shaping lines in either direction - what a great disc.

I'm glad the foxbat is getting some love finally. It's really hard to find a disc that doesn't even try to fight back (fade) with even a gentle and high toss - pretty unique stuff.

very interesting, the foxbat.
so would you all say that the foxbat can replace ALL putters for driving?
is it basically better than putters at driving?

The Foxbat (what a stupid name) cycles in and out of my bag. Not because there's an issue with it, but because my beat CE QMSs do the same thing. I have to say it is an AMAZING mid, much better than the Mako3 IMO. It's very much a point and shoot mid, shows your OAT like a Comet, and has glide for days. It is domey like my Mako3, but doesn't feel as awkward in the hand, and like other posters have mentioned it doesn't hyzer out if put on the appropriate line.

For me this disc will not replace my putters (CE Omega/S-P1) for neutral & shorter midrange upshots; it glides too well, and for those distances it (my Omega or S-P1 100-225 ft) would be more affected by the wind or perhaps fly by my intended target. But this is an excellent hyzer-flip mid, and one that has at least made a backup appearance in my bag.

I was throwing these back to back today and they have similarities but also some differences. The distances are almost exactly the same. The Mako3 is a little faster but the foxbat has more glide. So they reach the same distance but the foxbat gets there more slowly (which looks kinda cool watching it glide). I was able to put them in the same spot with a flat release by throwing the mako3 on a dead straight line and by aiming the foxbat 20 degrees right and it would just slowly sweep over to the same spot. Alternatively, you can hyzer the foxbat (mako3 flat)and they will both fly the same line and distance with the mako getting there slightly quicker and the foxbat a little more slowly with a little more glide which almost perfectly averages out the distances at least for me.

The Foxbat (what a stupid name) cycles in and out of my bag. Not because there's an issue with it, but because my beat CE QMSs do the same thing. I have to say it is an AMAZING mid, much better than the Mako3 IMO. It's very much a point and shoot mid, shows your OAT like a Comet, and has glide for days. It is domey like my Mako3, but doesn't feel as awkward in the hand, and like other posters have mentioned it doesn't hyzer out if put on the appropriate line.

For me this disc will not replace my putters (CE Omega/S-P1) for neutral & shorter midrange upshots; it glides too well and for the distances I use it (my Omega or S-P1 100-225 ft) and for me it would be more affected by the wind. But this is an excellent hyzer-flip mid, and one that has at least made a backup appearance in my bag.

Am I the only one that has this turn right every time when thrown flat every time? This is very unusual for me as I don't have a big arm and don't usually see as much turn as some with bigger arms. This is making me wonder if I got a fluke? I'm very happy with what mine does but I've seen others say straight and point and shoot so mine is just different.

For me it depends on hard I throw it when flat. I know it's a touchy mid so it's not like I am going for a big rip when I throw it. If so, I do it on a hyzer-flip line. When I do that, it will flip.

It has to have a smooth release for me. If I rip it even the 180 turns right immediately but it'll settle straight and fly straight on that line.

ok, foxbat vs fuse.
Which is more understable? which has more glide?
more distance?

I finally got to throw today so I took out my new Foxbats. One is 180g (pink) and one is 167g (blue).

The blue one is for sure Gstar but the pink I have no idea. Its not pearly, it feels different and looks like regular star.

Regardless, I did throw them quite a bit today at a shorter course. My usual favorite mid is a 180g Mako3 in champ. For me, the M3 has a very straight flight but it does have some fade at the end even when thrown with a little anhyzer.

I really, really, really like the 180 FT. It is laser straight with no noticeable fade at all. It feels like it flies so slow but it was giving me pretty good distance without being able to do a full run up due to the ice/snow. I didnt find it to be near as sensitive as the M3. I will really like this one for a long time just due to its insanely straight flight. If I didnt throw it in the fairway it was not going to turn back. It was heading straight into the rough.

Now, the 167. Talk about a flippy guy. It was very easy for me to turn this one over on about a 70%. It just did not want to fly good at all. I will take it out a few more times but im not sure. Anyone else with a light one have this issue?

I have a blue 168g one that looks exactly like this down to the same color stamps and everything : http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore....5fb8d27136e95/i/n/innova_star_foxbat_blue.jpg . It sounds a lot like the one you have in terms of color, weight, and flight characteristics. If you think there's a big enough difference in flight characteristics between weights I'm thinking of picking up a heavier one and carrying both? Thoughts?

There is a HUGE difference in flights between the weights. I suspect the light one will be perfect for pin point shots that I don't want to use my putter for or where I want a max power throw. I'd pick up a higher weight one and compare how they throw for you.

It has to have a smooth release for me. If I rip it even the 180 turns right immediately but it'll settle straight and fly straight on that line.

That's the interesting thing....It will take a right turn, and instead of burning, will just follow that line. this disc really rewards smoothness. It's a nice one to give to a newer player.

There is a HUGE difference in flights between the weights. I suspect the light one will be perfect for pin point shots that I don't want to use my putter for or where I want a max power throw. I'd pick up a higher weight one and compare how they throw for you.

I think I'll do just that. Which goes further for you the foxbat or the mako3?