• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Future Disc Names?

MikeM

* Condor Member *
So I'm sitting here wondering why I have never bothered to throw any Discmania. I think it is because the names of their discs just don't catch my attention.

With that in mind, what would some cool names be for future discs?

I'll start it off with the "Chain Saw". I tend to hit a lot of trees, so this name would be fitting. That would probably fit in the Trilogy family.

MVP could use the Charge, Nucleus, Decay, Isotope, ect..

Innova could use the Falcon... wait, is there really no disc named the Falcon? I must be wrong about this. Someone correct me please.

Discmania could use the DDDDDDDD45...:|

Innova should have had the Falcon years ago. :thmbup:

(Maybe they avoided it because of Lightning? Didn't they have an F-16 stamp?)

And Nucleus is the name of one of MVP's bags.

Edit: Just looked up Lightning's discs and they do have the Falcon.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for Dynamic to release the Executioner.

Incinerator would be a good name for somebody.

Supercalifragilisticeplalidocious

Im thinking itll be a wide diameter mid.

Makes sense. Forgot the F-16 was the "Fighting Falcon". I think it's pretty cool they named their discs after war-planes.

Google is not helping me much, and I'm not sure if they ever had an F-16 stamp, on the Falcon, or otherwise. Old school Lightning throwers might know.

Google is not helping me much, and I'm not sure if they ever had an F-16 stamp, on the Falcon, or otherwise. Old school Lightning throwers might know.

http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar...ufacturer=Lightning Discs&DiscLine=-1&Type=-1

http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc_eng.aspx?DiscId=2066

Interesting, you might be right, it looks as though, for whatever reason, they didn't include the F-16 in with the Falcon name. I wonder why? And, if they still considered it named after the F-16? I'd think it probably is.

The disc only lasted a year? Lol.

Last edited:
On second thought, that looks to be an F-16 on the stamp. I wonder what the words say above the plane in that picture. Very interested why they didn't call it the F-16 Falcon when they used all of the other "F's" at the time.

Last edited:
http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar...ufacturer=Lightning Discs&DiscLine=-1&Type=-1

http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc_eng.aspx?DiscId=2066

Interesting, you might be right, it looks as though, for whatever reason, they didn't include the F-16 in with the Falcon name. I wonder why? And, if they still considered it named after the F-16? I'd think it probably is.

The disc only lasted a year? Lol.

Nice find! Here's the pic from your link:

lightning_falcon.jpg

Pretty sweet if you ask me. :thmbup:

"Ugh...I don't know what to use here. I'm thinking Banshee but then again, when in doubt, throw your Wife!"

Innova could make an Albatross. It woud be a Superclass with a thin profile, wide wing, and long glide. And maybe float as well. And Innova already has under the sea covered, but there's a lot more under the sea to take advantage of; Tarpon, SkipJack, Thresher, Skate, Marlin, Swordfish. Those are all better than the Whale.

Discraft can expand its insect line. A 150g and lighter US mid called the Mayfly. Market a disc designed for wooded courses called Termite. A Yellow Jacket? Has there ever been a Scorpion?

MVP has a Tesla so an Edison should find a niche.

How about a disc company partnering with DC or Marvel? Then there's a whole army of Super Hero possibilities.

One of the Scandanavian companies could go wild with the whole Norse Mythology thing. And speaking of mythology there's all sorts of cultures that could be explored; Greek, Roman, Egyptian...

Latest posts