• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Game on with Archon

Got an archon this weekend and its an amazing disc. It definitely flies further than I can throw my valkyries.

Do tell. How far? What lines?

Well I've only been playing a couple of years and learned to backhand about 7 months ago so I can't speak for the guys with big arms, but I max out my valkyries at about 300 feet and my first few throws with the archon were about 330-340 feet. They started out with a slight right turn and then finished dead straight for me with very little fade. My buddy who throws about 450 throws them with a little hyzer and gets them nice and flat, or can bomb them with a hyzer flip. The one I am throwing is a 170 marked VW (vulcan top wraith bottom for sure). It is a CFR from 2011 am worlds.

Well I've only been playing a couple of years and learned to backhand about 7 months ago so I can't speak for the guys with big arms, but I max out my valkyries at about 300 feet and my first few throws with the archon were about 330-340 feet. They started out with a slight right turn and then finished dead straight for me with very little fade. My buddy who throws about 450 throws them with a little hyzer and gets them nice and flat, or can bomb them with a hyzer flip. The one I am throwing is a 170 marked VW (vulcan top wraith bottom for sure). It is a CFR from 2011 am worlds.

Thank you. Would you say that the Archon flies a similar line to a Valkyrie, but longer? Does it have much fade at the end of its flight?

Thank you. Would you say that the Archon flies a similar line to a Valkyrie, but longer? Does it have much fade at the end of its flight?

From my experience (I only threw it a few different times warming up before tournament rounds this weekend) it flew like a longer valkyrie with a similar flight. The shots I took did not have much fade at the end, it was really just a nice, long, straight flight. Like I said, though, the one I have is the 2011 AM Worlds cfr marked VW, so when the real ones come out in May there is no telling if there will be any difference or not.

I am going to a field tomorrow to get a lot of throws in with it, I'll try and report back and let you know if I notice any difference from the first throws I had this weekend.

The Archon does not fly anything like a Valkyrie...The Wraith is a faster Valk...Punch it hard with a little hyzer and it slowly flips up into an incredibly straight shot, but like a Valk behaves. The Archon has more turn and fade, making it more like a Sidewinder than a Valk.

finally threw mine today. Had it for a couple weeks and forgot about it. im def. not a pro and a rel. new player. perfect lines and s's. did exactly what i wanted it to do. seemed to be getting it out further than my vulcan. huge fan. just ordered two more

this "heir to the throne" stuff makes me think their confident it'll be the next big disc, and take the distance record..

It's not "Heir to the Throne". Its "Air to the Thrown". Pretty cheesy flyer but I'm looking forward to this disc. My Beast is a little flippy and I my Wraith is too stable for most shots. Hopefully this disc will hit the sweet spot right in between.

I'm interested in snatching up a few Proto star archons ...

When will they be available for purchase online?

Which site is usually the most reasonable for Proto star discs and let's you pick colors?

Any?

Thanks!!

Anyone have a used BEAVER STATE CFR ARCHON they want to trade or sell?
Lmk...

Innova Archon...Thoughts...

I picked up two of the Champion Editions from the bike shop down the street...really does fly like a longer Valkyrie. Been playing around with it for about a week and it the high speed turn is much more predictable than that of the Katana and Vulcan in my opinion. I think Innova hit the nail in the head with this one!

I would like to also add that the Wahoo was the biggest dissapointment of the high speed drivers...and I feel it's numbers are completely off. I feel the Wahoo is less stable than the Vulcan...but as a roller, I feel the Wahoo is money however.

I am interested in trying one. I wonder how they compare to the DGA Rogue? The Rogue is my go to driver, and it seems like they may overlap slightly.