• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Game on with Archon

I have one of the am world champions archons and love it. It really is like a longer valk and gave me a bit of extra distance with accuracy.

So, has anyone that has thrown the CFRs also tried the Star? I'm interested in hearing if they changed much between plastics.

im curious what the standard run is like compared to the CFRs and Proto Stars. anyone notice a difference?

So, has anyone that has thrown the CFRs also tried the Star? I'm interested in hearing if they changed much between plastics.

just your standard innova change between plastics. a lil less glide and a lil more hook. thats about all i noticed. really liked the star. no effort low throws easily 330+ nuts straight. in the air they just cruz.

can someone compare it to a flow? i haven't picked up an archon yet because it sounds very similar.

I wouldn't think of a flow when throwing the archon..

I have thrown both but they seem different to me... the archon seems to s curve much more than a flow would.. then again I use the flow usually as a big anny disc so..

So I have this dilemma.
I bought a Star Archon today to throw, its a proto and its pretty, which of course as everyone knows, makes it fly wayyyyyy better than the regular joe schmoe Archons. :rolleyes:

I was waiting for the Star version because I like Star Wraiths better than the Champ ones.
I paid regular Star plastic price for it.
Then I came in here and checked how much people are paying for them in the marketplace. :eek:
Somebody be makin' the cheese on these. Big cheese I tell ya.
So I guess I should put it in the box.
No flyin' tuday Orville. :|

So I have this dilemma.
I bought a Star Archon today to throw, its a proto and its pretty, which of course as everyone knows, makes it fly wayyyyyy better than the regular joe schmoe Archons. :rolleyes:

I was waiting for the Star version because I like Star Wraiths better than the Champ ones.
I paid regular Star plastic price for it.
Then I came in here and checked how much people are paying for them in the marketplace. :eek:
Somebody be makin' the cheese on these. Big cheese I tell ya.
So I guess I should put it in the box.
No flyin' tuday Orville. :|

a lesson ive learned well many times. you buy proto stars you dont throw proto stars. 2 reasons, 1) someone is always willing to pay some ridiculous price for it and 2) cause 99 times out of 100 they dont fly like the std run. so either your the guy in #1 or your stuck dealing with the stds.

well I bought 6 proto stars (all 175g) and I plan to toss every single one of them. I did get two that were pretty unique with a rainbow and prism stamp I might sell later on.

i compared PLH on the stars and protos and they were the same from 166-175. i cant comment on how they fly but i had a 167 production star i threw and watched a buddy throw his 170g stock stamp and they both seemed to fly the same, turned good but faded back.

My Archons are pretty easy to flip to flat and have it lock there for most of its flight. I like that.

anybody thrown the new glo archons? they are peaking my interest..

those black pumpkin archons look sexy too.

Still throwing an early run Star Archon - easy to hyzer-flip and amazing for lonnng turnovers. I have a Champ one as well, and it's just a touch less stable - it's not a Glow however.

anybody thrown the new glo archons? they are piquing my interest..

those black pumpkin archons look sexy too.
Fixed.

Aren't Champ glo discs usually more overstable than regular Champs? So wouldn't a Champ glo Archon be like a less glidey Wraith?

We don't need your fancy European words...

And I don't think it would be like a wraith, the archons flight path is not that close to my wraiths, it's more exaggerated thrown flat so I'm not sure the extra stability would just make it wraith like.

I got an EchoStar last week. It's flying nicely. Even my GF can hyzerflip it pretty easily. I didn't know Innova was going to push so many different iterations of it, otherwise I would have waited and got a sparkle Astra or a glow champ Archon.