• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gator or Drone?

Gator or Drone???

• Gator

Votes: 43 31.9%
  • Drone

Votes: 67 49.6%
  • Other

Votes: 25 18.5%

• Total voters
i use a zone and it has all but taken the place of my hornet and gator... hornet is a bit longer though so i still carry it for the longer overstable approches...

lmao @ 2 year old threads. But I will contribute. I have a SE Z Drone that I used for the OS purpose. I put a new Glow Gator in my bag and use that more than the Drone. For some reason I could control it a little better, but both are still good for me

FLX Drone or a Z Drone. I threw both forever and loved them both. I currently don't have either in my bag because there isn't a hole at any of the courses I play that requires that stable of a disc. Still have my 2 and 3 year old FLX Drones and they are still as stable as they were at the beginning.

flx drone
new metal flake gators

i thrown both and ditched for

dx ram.

and now they are being made again. best move ever

I put a gator in the bag and really works nice with buzz.
Pro gator
Great grenade disc
Flicks
Spike hyzers
Cons
Multiple molds
Not that stable can turn if flicked

Since you said "something slower" The Gator is the disc for you! I carry both the Drone and Gator. The Drone is for longer shots into some serious headwinds or when I just need to know for sure it's going to hyzer like crazy. The Gator is a flying brick! I love the way it will just drop out of the sky and check up next to the basket.

DSCN3979.jpg

ESP FLX Drone all the way. I do like the crystal flx but not near as much.

For straight mid shots I use a CryZtal Sparkle Buzzz, short technical mid shots I use a CryZtal FLX Drone, and nothing beats a Champ Whippet-X or CFR Glow Whippet-X for long hooking mid/fairway shots! IMO

I like both to be honest with you......I had a drone first. Got it at '09 Worlds and it was great for awhile. I threw it so much that it wouldn't fade as much as I wanted, and Gators were more readily available in Champ then, so I switched. I gave the beat in Drone to my wife and she loves it for wind or hyzer shots.

You can't go wrong with either one, just find the one that feels good in your hand.

:)

Drone is one of my favorite discs. I got mine in FLX mostly because it was the only plastic our local shop had when I bought it.

Give it a little hyzer and play the big skip or have it fight wind for you.

Zone.

I've tried all three. The Zone and Drone are more OS than the Gator. The Drone will have more D than the Zone, but not by a ton. The Gator should drop faster than the others, but won't fade as much.