• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

Well I just played two rounds using the Fuse as my only midrange. I REALLY like this disc. If a Roc and a comet could somehow get down and have a baby, it would be the Fuse. I would say it has the speed and feel of a Roc, with the glide and stability of a Comet.

Even in 180g weight, this thing held an anhyzer line like a champ! The grip is fantastic. I would say its close to my *SM Rock, perhaps a little slicker. My first throw with it was an elevated 120'ish straight shot, and I threw it a good 30' past the basket from a standstill with a small reach-back. I never had a chance to really crank it, but I believe it would fly very similar to a Roc when thrown with a lot of power, with a bit more glide and less fade.

This disc has definitely found a place in my bag. Until to day, my only mids were the *SM Roc and an Z Comet. I would say this disc could replace both of them! I need to work with it more to get a feel for it, but I highly recommend picking one of these up!

For those interested, got my Metallic Blue 180 in from pointdisc today, it's awesome. Finished unloading 3 tons of rock in my backyard and went and found this in the mail, made my day.
P1030623.jpg

So how are you going to throw that pretty disc after unloading 3 tons of rock?

I am developing considerable affection for my 168 GL Fuse. With a clean (if noodle-armed) throw and slight hyzer flip I can throw the Fuse nearly dead straight, and almost as far as my fairway drivers. Killer glide, especially downwind, and great on no-run-up long approaches. I am looking forward to trying the Fuse a few shortish, tightly-wooded holes that have given me trouble in the past.

Fairway drivers should go further than mids, of course. Probably a nose-angle issue, but still – the Fuse is sweet.

I think I like the beat X Buzzz better than the GL Fuse after all, though admittedly my shaky form is part of that. I often had difficulty throwing Rocs cleanly but not much trouble with the Buzzz usually. Still like to try an Opto Fuse though, anyone want to trade a 8/10 or better Opto Fuse (173-177g preferably) for my 8.5 or so/10 yellow GL Fuse?

adamschneider said:
I know... I ordered a yellow 170g Fuse because I already have pink and orange mid-ranges, but I'm hoping it's not very see-through.
I got the 170g yellow Fuse today... it's very see-through. :|

discspeed said:
I played my local pitch and putt course today for the first time in a while since it has been flooded, and it was my first time there with my GL Fuse (which was applicable on about half the holes). I carved up that course like I haven't done in a while throwing the Fuse a LOT. I put wind on the chains at least twice and I was throwing great finesse annies, hyzers, straight shots, and long gradual S turns. When I just smooth it about 15' in the air, straight in front of me, and slight hyzer it drifts right very slowly and then fades straight ahead for 300'+. Its honestly the easiest and most natural 300' I've ever thrown with a disc. If I give it less than 300' of power it will flip slightly out of any angle I put on it and then lock and glide without turning over.

I pretty much throw it just like I would my Meteor and it ends up in the same place. However, the different ways they get there affect my percentage of success greatly. The Meteor is fast and generates enough lift with a somewhat fast throw to keep it up while it moves laterally to get good distance. It is touchy however. It is not that forgiving in terms of nose angle, and you must hit the cruising speed to get the correct action, and its kind of fast for a touch disc. The Fuse on the other hand is noticeably slower, but has super glide to keep it in the air and penetrating forward. It does not require a fast throw to generate lift, but can handle a hard throw without really changing its lift characteristics. This makes it extremely forgiving, along with its slow turn. The Fuse slays the Meteor for the understable midrange slot.

I think the Meteor practically qualitfies as a fairway driver. I find it way less squirrely than a leopard on the same lines.

Still have not tried le fuse, but I guess I'm going to.

I have one of the 177 Orange optos and I was tossing it some more the other day...had a situation where there was a left to right wind (I am RHBH) and the hole was about 275....I knew the fuse had enough HSS to handle the wind but it did not seem like the best idea...threw it anyway and it flattened out turned a few feet and fought back for a parked shot! Just wanted to drop an anecdote about the fuse...still loving it!

First hole at Seneca doubles, a 292' slightly downhill tunnel. I threw a standstill backhand with the Fuse, which snuck by the first tree and then lasered down the fairway, landing 20' short of the pin. Missed the putt. :(

Granted, the elevation change helped, but the Fuse flew 270' when I usually max out at 300' with a Valkyrie. The Fuse has definitely earned a shot as my primary tunnel driver. Since it flies so far on an easy huck, I hope to hit fewer trees.

I'm carrying a 168 and a 177. I use them about equally, the 168 for stuff that needs to finish left (lhbh) and the 177 when I want it to finish with some fade. Throw in a newish Roc and I've got it covered. The gold lines seem like they have some initial break in fairly quickly, but I'm thinking it'll slow down for a while...especially since I'm not hitting any trees :lol: If I can't keep a straight one straight for long enough I'll have to either use a Roc for that spot or get a heavy Opto. I'm thinking it won't be a problem because I prefer to throw with a slight bit of hyzer anyway, so it should stay straighter a little longer.

So far so good. Only had one round to throw the disc, but I'm really liking it. I'm still having to get used to not throwing my midrange anhyzer (from all the years of throwing my Roc that way), but when I've got it right on a handful of the throws I've made, the disc does all the work. Definitely an awesome disc. The mold is very comfortable in my hand, occasionally the plastic feels a little slick, but a quick moistening of the fingers (yes it's really dry here) gets a good connection to the disc.

Really liking my 176g Opto Fuse. A bit less stable than I expected from what was said on here about the Optos but it's extremely nice. I actually like it better than my expectation because it feels more versatile having a little high-speed turn to it from slight hyzer.

Delighted to have 3 matching 172 GL orange on hand. My thrower has a few more early nicks than my GL Vision or any Opto ever got, but that may be just chance landings. Great driver to 275ft, and now that my Pures taco warp in summer trunk heat I am happy to have those approach shots covered too.

On my MI travels I've been playing different courses and my Fuse has really shined. I had an ace spit out while playing with some locals at a new course in Pinconning, MI. It was 200ish wooded shot and I popped the Fuse up from hyzer on a FH that glided beautifully straight into the chains.

RS39 said:
Delighted to have 3 matching 172 GL orange on hand. My thrower has a few more early nicks than my GL Vision or any Opto ever got, but that may be just chance landings. Great driver to 275ft, and now that my Pures taco warp in summer trunk heat I am happy to have those approach shots covered too.

you and I are in a similar boat...

Ive had a chance to audition my gold line fuse (yellow) 171ish, for about 6 rounds now and I'm noticing great improvement in my mid-range game. This disc has completely bumped out my Z buzzz out of the bag. With my lack of back hand power the buzzz felt like too much disc, but fuse feels great.

It's also really giving my X comet a run for its money too. Being that I've been basically able to mimic the same shots I can produce with the comet.

With the fuse I can put it on any line and it follows it. The glide that it has is great almost effortless to get it to fly.

Not much more I can say about the disc that hasn't already been discussed. Great mid range disc!

I absolutely love throwing my Opto super hard on a slight hyzer and making it turn over and float on an anny line. So pretty and predictable.

I agree. I love my opto too. Great for touch shots,hug annys,and with enough hyzer it'll lock into straight and glide for days. I need to try a GL. I just love my opto too much right now

Latest posts