• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Giving The Champ Groove Another Chance!!

while playing a round today i decided to throw my old champ groove. i hit a tree pretty hard with it and....VOILA....every hole after that i was getting awesome distance with nice S-curves! (they were also consisent just to let all the groove haters know) :thmbup:

I'm deciding to try to get the groove back into my game. I know it's a very hated disc but it needs another chance!!

Sucker.

And how exactly can someone rape your head off your shoulders?

Last edited:
while playing a round today i decided to throw my old champ groove. i hit a tree pretty hard with it and....VOILA....every hole after that i was getting awesome distance with nice S-curves! (they were also consisent just to let all the groove haters know) :thmbup:

"groove haters" as you call them aren't referring to the consistency of a single example of the Groove; rather, they're saying that there's not a lot of consistency across the board.

So if you lose your awesome-distance-S-curve-Groovydisc, and you decide to run up to the local Academy and pick up a replacement, chances are that it won't fly like your old one did.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this, I'm lucky enough to have never thrown a Groove.:thmbup:

Sucker.

And how exactly can someone rape your head off your shoulders?

I was wondering that myself. It doesn't bring up good mental images in any capacity and would probably take forever. Anywho...:|

"groove haters" as you call them aren't referring to the consistency of a single example of the Groove; rather, they're saying that there's not a lot of consistency across the board.

So if you lose your awesome-distance-S-curve-Groovydisc, and you decide to run up to the local Academy and pick up a replacement, chances are that it won't fly like your old one did.

Agree for the most part; here are my unsupported theories why the groove is "inconsistent":
1) the wing groove makes the mold especially susceptible to distortion while cooling
2) the wing groove leads to extreme nose-angle sensitivity

I think the Monarch's wing just happens to be designed better, so these effects are not as pronounced; its actually a decent disc.
I've found Grooves great for long and high OHs though... if anyone considers it worthwhile bagging an extra utility disc.

you can get some lazy flex/S shots with little arm motion throwing air bounce shots forehand with that disc.

when i backhand this disc
my issue with the groove is that once it turns its got this either short or awkward sweep back in. never the same nose sensitive , oat seems to help this disc out and strange release angles .

The Groove is the best disc around for filling with water for the dog to drink from. If he pushes it over rocks, picks it up in his mouth or craps on it, you don't care!

The Groove is the best disc around for filling with water for the dog to drink from. If he pushes it over rocks, picks it up in his mouth or craps on it, you don't care!

It's also great for throwing overhand shots over 500' of water because you know it'll always land in it! :D

It makes sense to me that the groove is susceptible to PLH differences, moreso than other discs are. That's what makes them so ridiculously inconsistent. Even from throw to throw with the same disc, you can change the PLH level so easily that it can change the flight of the disc drastically.

If you don't know what PLH is, search for the thread about it. It stands for Parting Line Height.

you might as well leave the groove out. use it as a paint tray or something. there are several discs that overshadow the groove, and then some, that are much more worth having in the bag..

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this, I'm lucky enough to have never thrown a Groove.:thmbup:

^This.

i think id rather throw a wraith or a destroyer, similar specs via joe. plus that groove on the bottom is awkward to grip. monarch, not so much but a big fat groove taken out...blech.

Its been said, and I'll say it again. People w/ < 1yr experience. Stop throwing speed 13.
I've almost had my head raped off my shoulders by somebody on the last hole shanking their warp speed driver 200' left and 50' forward :/

meh.

Hey now, Im 1.2 years now and I can bomb my Katana and Nuke on a hyzer flip between 350 and 375 fairly accurately. :confused:

Latest posts