• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Glideless Comet in putter form?

Is there such a disc? Looking for something I can throw flat and it finishes straight but I can land on a 30' island from 150-200'. Been testing my 175 polecat but I have a tough time ranging it.

Maybe I just need to work with it more. Suggestions?

What you're looking for is a Tank. Baseline and slightly beat in. There is a 230', 30' island hole at Evansville and the Tank is what I use.

I'd say my cryztal challenger. It's not overstable at all and doesn't glide well. Very neutral disc and I can't throw it hard. Nice and smooth it's a shorter comet/ish flight. In the trade bin. The nova will make you respect mcbeth even more. It's a fun disc but it's picky for me and I carry a comet full time.

I just take my beat up Challenger and put 5 degrees of hyzer on it for that shot. It flips up and glides straight. Really 5 degrees of hyzer is pretty much flat.

I'd say my cryztal challenger. It's not overstable at all and doesn't glide well. Very neutral disc and I can't throw it hard. Nice and smooth it's a shorter comet/ish flight. In the trade bin. The nova will make you respect mcbeth even more. It's a fun disc but it's picky for me and I carry a comet full time.

So I've heard. Funny cuz the Flx Challengers have really good glide. I've never thrown a Cryztal.

Hmm.

It sounds like you're looking for a polecat. But you're already throwing one. Glide on them really isn't that great. Their huge square nose slows them down very well IMO especially on the approach, or if you throw them nose up their plates catch major wind resistance to put the brakes on.

I'd say the polecat is about as close as you'll get out of what I have personal experience with. I feel they're extremely rangeable. Maybe you want something with a tick more stability like a nova.

Summit is hella understable but fun to throw.

Last edited:
We'll see how these do....

GOOD decision.

seriously the serpent and scale are the best upshot discs because they are slow and glideless.
Serprent will hold where you throw it, with a touch of stability to keep it going straight and it SITS DOWN, no fear of running the chains because even if you miss itll sit down within 10-15 feet.

ive gotten numerous long throw ins from 40-70 ft with these discs.

;)

I tried out a BERG, and its very similar to the scale, just different design/feel.

Latest posts