• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good DG Shoes

im a little confused.. i dont see how your shoes make that big of a difference? I wear a pair of ACG Nikes only for disc golf. I only paid 30 dollars for them at a Marshalls style store. They have lasted over a year (150 rounds) just fine.. they arent totally waterproof but they work good enough as long as youre not standing in a creek.

Soo... what do most of the pros wear? Are they going around these big clunky boots everyone keeps posting?

^ all my pairs of shoes have gotten torn up from the teepads. I do not wear big clunky boots, but my merrel moab gortexs are great so far. Thry are very comfortable and have great grip. I was able to put my foot completely under water and they did not get the least bit wet. Im.very pleased with the purchase I made.

I've had Merrils (they started hurting my feet after a month), Keen (they literally came unglued and fell apart after getting wet), and currently wearing a pair of Salomons with contragrip soles that are almost a year old and have had at least a hundred rounds played in them and the tread is still like new. I don't know what they use for the contragrip soles but it's some good stuff. My next pair of shoes will definitely be another pair of Salomons. I always check the clearance rack at REI.

I've had Merrils (they started hurting my feet after a month), Keen (they literally came unglued and fell apart after getting wet), and currently wearing a pair of Salomons with contragrip soles that are almost a year old and have had at least a hundred rounds played in them and the tread is still like new. I don't know what they use for the contragrip soles but it's some good stuff. My next pair of shoes will definitely be another pair of Salomons. I always check the clearance rack at REI.

Yeah see, I wouldn't mind paying more for a pair of shoes to disc in but I get a little put off by people saying that they are paying 100+ for shoes that are falling apart after 6 or 7 months. Im more concerned with the sole than the waterproof aspect. Our home course is pretty much just a disc golf course set on a hillside, so traction is more important to me than water resistance.

I'll be testing these out. Just got them today. Columbia Hiking and they look semi waterproof. The "no-lace" zipper to cover up the laces sold me and the fact that they ride below the ankle.

F10_BM1423_225_f

Here's the only review i found on them so far:

Misleading
Oct 14, 2010 one star/five
This shoe is not water-resistant. Received yesterday. Went for a walk this morning in wet grass and now have wet soggy socks and feet. Was willing to overlook the weird design of long shoelaces overlaid with a zip-up feature, as I was attracted to the knobby soles and light weight. The shoelaces are totally unnecessary with the zipper, but that is useless as well because it does not keep out moisture. They are going in the trash.

I use this for:
I don't.

Can be found here:
http://www.columbia.com/Mt.-Hoody™/BM1423,default,pd.html

I'll be testing these out. Just got them today. Columbia Hiking and they look semi waterproof. The "no-lace" zipper to cover up the laces sold me and the fact that they ride below the ankle.

F10_BM1423_225_f

Folks....these are fantastic. We had a good rain here a few days back and these have held up awsome!!!. Super comfy and I've noticed the zip-up lace cover working so well. No snags, no need to stop and tie, have kept water and mud out great. Great grip on these things as well. Have been testing them going up steep rocky hills, (stepping on almost vertical foot holds where you normally wouldn't step), on grass (wet and dry), dust/small gravel, and teepads -- dirt/concrete. These things are slim and sleek to. I hate bulky shoes!!!

50 bones. Some else buy 'em and tell me you don't feel the same way.

.....and I look so cool in 'em.:thmbup:

North Face GTX Hedghogs are the best DG shoes on the market. Think regular running shoes comfort with the waterproofing of goretex and the grip and durability of Vibram soles and thats all you need to know. Ive had my first pair for almost a year and still going strong and bought a back up pair because I liked them so much.

Here's the only review i found on them so far:

Misleading
Oct 14, 2010 one star/five
This shoe is not water-resistant. Received yesterday. Went for a walk this morning in wet grass and now have wet soggy socks and feet. Was willing to overlook the weird design of long shoelaces overlaid with a zip-up feature, as I was attracted to the knobby soles and light weight. The shoelaces are totally unnecessary with the zipper, but that is useless as well because it does not keep out moisture. They are going in the trash.

I use this for:
I don't.

Can be found here:
http://www.columbia.com/Mt.-Hoody™/BM1423,default,pd.html

Yeah, I read the review!!! I tried to post one behind it, but it didn't work. Trust me. From the guys review, you can tell he's nick picking and this is 8th pair of shoes on the hunt for the "perfect" waterpoofness (ummmm what do you expect from a $50 shoe you clown) Walking in the morning wet grass and now has soggy feet?!?!?! Highly exagerate because you know he sloshed around in the grass for about an hour to see how water proof they were.

Last edited:
The terrain isn't too nasty here so I rock a pair of slip on vans. They're comfortable but more importantly I feel they keep me lighter on my feet, My footwork always feels heavy and sloppy in large treaded outdoorsy shoes.

Im not sure if anyone has posted this.... (haven't looked through every post) but keen has come out with a sho just for disc golf. check out the keen milo or the keen milo 2.

Im not sure if anyone has posted this.... (haven't looked through every post) but keen has come out with a sho just for disc golf. check out the keen milo or the keen milo 2.

They're a Portland company I approve! Plus they're named after DGCR's #12 Rated course of 2010...Milo McIver State Park!

On a second note I wouldn't be caught dead wearing the Milo 1's they ugly :sick:

Those look great. I've been recently in the market for some better disc golf shoes. I'm thinking my best bet now is to get a baseball pitcher's toe cap because the only thing that wears out is my right toe (from sidearm toe dragging) These milos look great though too.

Yeah, I read the review!!! I tried to post one behind it, but it didn't work. Trust me. From the guys review, you can tell he's nick picking and this is 8th pair of shoes on the hunt for the "perfect" waterpoofness (ummmm what do you expect from a $50 shoe you clown) Walking in the morning wet grass and now has soggy feet?!?!?! Highly exagerate because you know he sloshed around in the grass for about an hour to see how water proof they were.

Wow
You're the shoe psychic!

Latest posts