• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good pictures of mandos

where is the pin? for a 265' hyzer shot i would throw a buzzz or maybe a new teebird if it hooks really hard left.

the basket is probably 150 past the opening and it breaks to the left hard. you really want something to edge up and skip towards the basket on this one

I have to say, Im not a fan of mandos just for the sake to make an already decent hole, harder; but I do like it when its there to make what otherwise would be a easy and boring hole more interesting. Unfortunately, a lot of holes that could use a mando for the latter, don't use it but I might make my own up.

Of course, its also ok when used to encourage safety.

The Godfather of all triple mando's. The now defunct Winthrop Gold hole 15
dscf0019uj6.jpg

Here is the lead card playing it in the 2004 final round (Nodland, Johansen, Climo, Convers).

And, I got to show you Johansen's answer/recovery to Climo playing it safe! :D

Last edited:
oh - it would have helped if I remembered how to do it before the 5 minutes expired. :doh:

Here is the lead card playing it in the 2004 final round (Nodland, Johansen, Climo, Convers).

oh - it would have helped if I remembered how to do it before the 5 minutes expired. :doh:

wow:popcorn: that was well played for such a bad drive. great recovery , and a nice long putt

Hole #17 at Long Trout Winery, Auburn, PA. Double mando between the trees to a hanging basket in the barn:

e03e4f61.jpg

fad160e3.jpg

During the second round of tournaments, the first hanging basket is covered. The top doors of the barn are opened and you have to throw up into top portion of the barn. Gimmicky but fun.

Hole #3 at Indian Rock in Huntington WV - Mando under the road/bridge.

Off the hill through the trees but get it low because it has to turn left under the road.

c2cc1b3f.jpg

After going about 35' through the tunnel (under the road) it swings hard right up a steep bank to the pin. When standing in the creek under the bridge you can not see the basket. And it's a seriously steep drop slope on the left just out of the pic.

e2ff495d.jpg

These pics are from the course page - I have some better one's I'll try to find.

I love that mando! I hope you find the pics of it.. the ones on the site dont do it justice. Beautiful mando hole.

btw: nice meeting you at the Ice Bowl!

c5be19fb.jpg

Double mando through the two trees at the end of the median, then you still have to hit the island about 50' farther away (at least during tourneys). Gravel is OB.

Last edited:
This guy....at La Mirada Back Course, 3x mando (first 2 trees, then the light post)
9e3224a7.jpg

Same park, a couple holes later, double mando between the trees:
fadd2a35.jpg

Oak Grove in Pasadena also has a pair of double mandos:

The green dots...tree in the middle is supposedly the 'most hit tree on the course'
7f83ed46.jpg

The two trees exactly in the center of this photo are the mando, calling for a flat finish or right turn to get to the pin.
87604580.jpg

Actually legit mando

Here's a mando that's actually "legit," by which I mean it was put in for a good reason: safety. The tree directly behind the bench in the middle of the screen is a mando to protect the pavilion to the left. You have to throw to the right of the mando, as indicated by the white arrow on the tree, though it's rather small in this photo. Beware those sweetgum balls: they're like ball-bearings underfoot!

4f69465a.jpg

This thread makes me sick I hate mando's if they dont keep you from throwing down another fairway. Double mando's are even worse and then all these triple mando's I need to go throw up. The tunnel one from WV looks cool. Mando's through tunnels or bridges are the only ones I get a kick out of playing. I didnt think that the triple mando was that widely used uggh gonna go throw up again.

^ The two mando's I posted from Oak Grove are legit, there is a fairway directly to the left of the hole, which is actually the second picture I posted, hence why that one also has a double mando (protects from the hole on the left and a road on the right). In fact, in the first picture, there is a teepad just to the right of the mando, and honestly, I like those folks to finish up before I even throw because my discs all have human heat seeking sensors in them.