• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
I was able to fit 14 in the main compartment. In the three sections on the main compartment, I was able to fit 4 drivers in the bottom section, 4 mids in the middle section, and six drivers in the top section. With 6 drivers in the top section, I had no issues with discs sliding out when picking up my bag.

Furthur said:
I don't have that problem with 4 rocs in the bottom, 4 drivers in the middle, and 2 at the top. I keep my flap closed though.

If I keep the flap closed then they don't go anywhere (obvioiusly) but its kind of a pain in the ass opening and closing the flap everytime I want a disc. Maybe i'm over loading the bag or something, I don't know... I'll play around with it this evening see if I can figure it out any better.

I fit 28 discs in it fairly easily for my round the other day. Just kept losing the top 3 highest discs in the bag. I'm wondering if that's cause the 4th disc down was super shiny.

I don't think the shiny has anything to do with it. I have "shiny" discs in the top shelf. Just put 4 PDs and a Firebird on top and you wont have any problems.

Yeah i don't think it affects it either, just trying to figure out why it was happening for whatever reason I could come up with. I had Star destroyer, riot, wraith, orc, striker, striker in that order top to bottom on the top shelf. It was always the top three that fell out. I love the bag, I just need to figure this little snag out.

I had some issues with disc spills here and there as well. I was only carrying 9 total in the main compartment, and it was with putting the bag on and taking it off...moreso putting it on, I think. I found if I went with a more graceful motion of putting the bag on in one fluid swing, it worked better than trying to put the bag on one shoulder at a time--getting that 2nd shoulder in is what tilts the bag the most. Messing around in my living room last night, I tried cramming the main compartment full, and the discs did seem to stay put better, but I don't like the idea of needing to carry a full bag at all times.

Also, I think I probably need to get a new set of quads. I have an old pair from '04 or '05 (testament to their quality, eh?) and I had some semi-retarded moments of trying to get the bag on a few times--like trying to put on a jacket that's too small. Also, the quads slipped a little bit from side to side in the main connection point, not that big a deal, but I could feel it riding cockeyed. Another issue I had was that the elastic parts and their loop locks (the "shock" part of quad shocks) kept working their way out of the strap compartment, giving a couple noticeable knobs poking my back. Seems the best solution would be to just cut that part of the quads away, as they're completely useless for this bag, but I'd have a hard time willfully destroying a perfectly good pair of quads. Hopefully that can be rectified with a new '09 set, but I'm not eager to shell out more money.

BUT, this is not to say that this isn't the best bag I've ever used. It is, seriously. I played 2+ rounds with it and it rode like a dream. It's heavier than my previous bags, but being high and close to the back makes such a huge difference. Mine had the footpad hitting the lower back/upper butt issue Jesse and Dave mentioned, but it didn't bother me at all. And though it probably makes me sound lazy, there really is a nice convenience of not having to bend down as far to pick your disc out of your bag. The storage space is ample, I can fit my fleece vest in one of the side pockets easily. Even though I don't play with hoodies, I tried squeezing one into the pocket and it fit--it was tight, but it did fit. And the seat...well, it hardly needs to be said, but the seat is plain awesome. I already knew the luxuries of sitting down with a stool, but this luxury of being able to sit down without carrying a stool...I'm still getting used to it, but I'm loving every moment. And yeah, pretty much everyone was oggling my bag. I even had a couple chicks threaten to beat me up and take it from me. :lol:

Chris, I'd say you need to either quit your day job or hire on some help, because I think you're going to have more demand than you'll be able to keep up with! (Even moreso, I should say :wink: )

Luke said:
Your bag is telling you that you only need one of those three discs because they overlap, pretty bad.

The destroyer is max weight and of an incredibly overstable variety which I use for windy conditions, the Riot is my main stable driver, the wraith is 162g and is my uphill driver, and the Orc is for tailwind scenario's.

i have my new pair of quads w/ chest strap to throw on my simian.....

can someone link me to the 'How to...'

thanks

there's a how to? since when????

the quads hook on the same way the padding for the straps is hooked on (if that makes any sense) that came with the bag

welp....looks like to figure somethign out for my large frame and the quads....my chest strap comes across my neck.....hrmmm

mikesolt said:
welp....looks like to figure somethign out for my large frame and the quads....my chest strap comes across my neck.....hrmmm

$5.00 to your paypal account for a pic of that...

Jwt4412 said:
mikesolt said:

$5.00 to your paypal account for a pic of that...

funny guy :)

if any one has been waiting for specific bags to show up in stock in specific colors I have been adding bags to the stock now!!!

just added 14 spider's and 12 kong's!!

gorillaboy said:
if any one has been waiting for specific bags to show up in stock in specific colors I have been adding bags to the stock now!!!

just added 14 spider's and 12 kong's!!

'bout time u did some work... :)

I want a black and orange bag.

I'm broke but if you start making one, I will come up with some cash and get one.

4010511290_599217ac09.jpg

4010535176_aefddfb24e.jpg

4009769079_2e5e61911e.jpg