• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
gorillaboy said:
mejlholm said:
Any approximate timeline on the next batch of simians? Should I be hoping for one before or after christmas?

I'm working on em now, but cant really give an exact time when there gonna be done ..will be before Christmas though for sure

Thanks Chris, that's all I wanted to know :)

bags.jpg

Three simians all at the same course at the same time. Courtesy of Booter, The Old Kid and Disc Junkie.

gorillaboy said:
Ted Damson said:
gorillaboy said:
it's like a family reunion! :D
Hate to tell you, but my brunette proto simian... dude. gettin touched on by a lot of posters if ya know what I mean
are you saying it's getting around the block a few times?
I'm just sayin it gets a round in before dark, and folks from far n wide have gotten "the tour". I mean sure, it's still with its second owner, but dang man there were photos of it on the freakin internet before they met!! and he knows about that!!! :shock:

but I think a couple of the local feeler-uppers have bought their own simians :)

Definitely had my hands on the right hand Simian this weekend, then I got back home to College Station to find my very own waiting for me!

So I had the Simian out for a full on round yesterday, and it performed almost flawlessly. I was a little concerned about the way the Quads were attached, and before the second hole they had come un-velcroed. Since the proto's straps aren't padded I had no intentions of using them, and cut them off. I left the velcro from the front of the straps attached, and using that along with the existing Quad velcro attachment piece I believe they'll stay put now. If need be I can make the velcro straps permanent and still be able to remove the Quads.

Another local has decided that he's going to buy a Simian after seeing mine in person.

ferretdance03 said:
...It's kind of funny, my dad actually made a bag almost exactly the same about a 1 1/2 yrs ago with an aluminum frame. I told him if he added more storage space, back pack style straps and divisions in the main compartment I'd use it. And basically what he would have made is the Simian! I'll have to see if I can find pictures, but I digress...
377200942.jpg

377200940.jpg

377200943.jpg

Does anybody else's bag squeak like freaking crazy every time you take a step? This thing is driving me freakin' nuts!