• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
working away on these kong's... got the tops done yesterday moving on to backs now today. working on 30 kongs right now, most bags Ive ever done at once.

^ I really love these progress reports. I find myself checking this thread every day since I've place my Kong order. Well every day is not the right word -- about five times a day. I can now empathize with the others who place orders before me.

got my bag, its awesome! thanks GB, ill order another sb when you get caught up. im horribly impatient ive realized lol i cant do that to myself again!

still working away over here on these Kong's. they should be done next week some time for sure ;) I cant wait till there done so I can start on what ever I need to get done next!

out of curiosity is there anyone who would be up for doing a trade of discs for a bag maybe? I'm super highly addicted to medium ion's and I was thinking about it last night that it would be sweet to have several unstamped white second runs or the new glows. if anyone is interested in this pm me. the trade will most def be in your favor ;)

still working away over here on these Kong's. they should be done next week some time for sure ;) I cant wait till there done so I can start on what ever I need to get done next!

out of curiosity is there anyone who would be up for doing a trade of discs for a bag maybe? I'm super highly addicted to medium ion's and I was thinking about it last night that it would be sweet to have several unstamped white second runs or the new glows. if anyone is interested in this pm me. the trade will most def be in your favor ;)

PM sent about a trade for some Glow Ions.

well got all the front done for the 31 kongs now. gonna be conecting them to the tops and back next and then finish up the sides. about %75 done with them now.

have you decided whats next in line after those kongs? thanks for the updates...cant wait!

Do you by chance have an overall update for how you are progressing? Are you making up significant ground with your new method? Is there a timeframe you have for getting all caught up and refilling the store again? Curious minds want to know!

Do you by chance have an overall update for how you are progressing? Are you making up significant ground with your new method? Is there a timeframe you have for getting all caught up and refilling the store again? Curious minds want to know!

i havent been gaining much ground considering I cant stop orders from coming in, although this is the slow part of the season for me right now and I have been gaining just a little. right now there is 62 orders in processing 30 of which are kongs. then there is like 12 simians and a small hand full of others and 2 LE silverbacks.

I wish there was a good time frame i could give that I would be caught up but with christmas right around the corner sales will just start rolling in again and I'll just have to keep going at it how I am for now. I'm considering doing gift certificates that can be redeemed once you see one of the bag the certificate is for but I dont know for sure yet if thats what I am going to do. anyone got any suggestions that might work for considering I'm a one man show and what not.

this weeks goal: finish up all kongs and have them shipped out.

anyone on here that ordered a kong that does not want the strap with it let me know with a pm and your order number. same goes for the dividers kongs used to come with two dividers so for those who have a kong ordered from before that what it will come with but if you want only one or maybe no dividers let me know.

i havent been gaining much ground considering I cant stop orders from coming in

anyone got any suggestions that might work for considering I'm a one man show and what not.

If you truly want to change the business model from the current "order then wait an unknown amount of time", my suggestion would be to simply stop taking orders until 1) you've completed every single order you've already received money for, and 2) built up a decent stock of bags to sell in your online store. Base this stock on your sales statistics...if you're keeping records of your sales you should know which bags sell the best, and which ones make you the most money, and should be in a good position to know the right inventory model.

Then while your stock is being sold, you're working on additional bags. I suspect that you will still sell out immediately/quickly. There are 2 solutions to this, and they are not mutually exclusive. 1) raise your prices. Supply and demand 101. 2) Tweak your marketing strategy. If your bags are premium and people are waiting to get them, you need a marketing channel to take advantage of that. You need a notification system so that people can know the instant the bag they are looking for is "NOW IN STOCK" so that they can head to your site and buy one before they sell out again. Combine this with bombing the forums, and you should continue to have people lined up to buy your products. This is a typical model for "limited" items. If you want to be super-nice, you can continue posting progess reports here for the "insiders" such as "15 kongs are dropping tonight at midnight!"(or blog this on your site..or both) for the hardcore guys who are ready for a bag and know the inside line. The feedback you get here could also drive your selection of what to restock and when.

(the third solution is to increase production, but I believe I remember you say you did not want to scale up your production)

The benefit here, imho, is a more tradition model that appeals to new customers and repeat customers alike. Speaking from experience, 1) if I, as a new customer, had known I was in for a five month wait while watching others who ordered more recently get their bags before me(as most people reading this thread do today), there is absolutely no way I would have ordered. The competition is getting fierce and only getting fiercer, and you cannot afford to have any obstacles to people choosing your bag over a competitor....and 2) speaking now as a repeat customer(and I'm currently in the market for a smaller bag), I love my simian and think it's the best bag on the market, but again, having been through the process once, there is no way in hell I would order another and go through it again. Until the model changes, you've lost me as a customer...and I've already demostrated that I'll pay $200 for a bag...the kind of customer you do not want to lose.

Note that this is not a complaint, but a suggestion offered since you asked.

If you truly want to change the business model from the current "order then wait an unknown amount of time", my suggestion would be to simply stop taking orders until 1) you've completed every single order you've already received money for, and 2) built up a decent stock of bags to sell in your online store. Base this stock on your sales statistics...if you're keeping records of your sales you should know which bags sell the best, and which ones make you the most money, and should be in a good position to know the right inventory model.

Then while your stock is being sold, you're working on additional bags. I suspect that you will still sell out immediately/quickly. There are 2 solutions to this, and they are not mutually exclusive. 1) raise your prices. Supply and demand 101. 2) Tweak your marketing strategy. If your bags are premium and people are waiting to get them, you need a marketing channel to take advantage of that. You need a notification system so that people can know the instant the bag they are looking for is "NOW IN STOCK" so that they can head to your site and buy one before they sell out again. Combine this with bombing the forums, and you should continue to have people lined up to buy your products. This is a typical model for "limited" items. If you want to be super-nice, you can continue posting progess reports here for the "insiders" such as "15 kongs are dropping tonight at midnight!"(or blog this on your site..or both) for the hardcore guys who are ready for a bag and know the inside line. The feedback you get here could also drive your selection of what to restock and when.

(the third solution is to increase production, but I believe I remember you say you did not want to scale up your production)

The benefit here, imho, is a more tradition model that appeals to new customers and repeat customers alike. Speaking from experience, 1) if I, as a new customer, had known I was in for a five month wait while watching others who ordered more recently get their bags before me(as most people reading this thread do today), there is absolutely no way I would have ordered. The competition is getting fierce and only getting fiercer, and you cannot afford to have any obstacles to people choosing your bag over a competitor....and 2) speaking now as a repeat customer(and I'm currently in the market for a smaller bag), I love my simian and think it's the best bag on the market, but again, having been through the process once, there is no way in hell I would order another and go through it again. Until the model changes, you've lost me as a customer...and I've already demostrated that I'll pay $200 for a bag...the kind of customer you do not want to lose.

Note that this is not a complaint, but a suggestion offered since you asked.

what you suggest is really what i am working towards doing, my biggest draw back is 1: I cant afford to go with out any sales cause I wont be able to pay my bills. 2: the sales I have been taking more recently I have been making sure that the customer understands where I'm at and give them info on where to look for me updating about where im at with what I am working on before they make their purchase... my goal is to get back to make the bags first then put them on the store once there done and I am getting closer to that goal :) in fact what is on the store right now for Kong's, Silverback's, and Spider Monkey's are what I have in stock right now ready to ship.

thanks for your suggestions though, I appreciate it!

straps are done. and half of the kongs are fully assembled now. tomorrow will be finishing up the rest of the kongs and making dividers ;)

Just got a spider monkey yesterday. I am really impressed with the build quality, seems better than my revo mini. Thanks.

Latest posts