• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grant for Disc Golf - Help/Pictures Needed

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I am writing a grant to get funding for the first 9 of 18 holes on a new course in Charlotte. I would like to include pictures to show how much work is involved in developing a course. Mostly the grant money would cover concrete and baskets, however I would like to represent how much additional labor is needed to create all the stuff in between.

Can you all please post before and after pictures of fairway creation, teepad pouring, etc. We are terrible here at taking before and after pictures, so I dont have many to show.

Thanks!
Mark

Pictures from ANY course creation would work, not just Charlotte area.

I am writing a grant to get funding for the first 9 of 18 holes on a new course in Charlotte. I would like to include pictures to show how much work is involved in developing a course. Mostly the grant money would cover concrete and baskets, however I would like to represent how much additional labor is needed to create all the stuff in between.

Can you all please post before and after pictures of fairway creation, teepad pouring, etc. We are terrible here at taking before and after pictures, so I dont have many to show.

Thanks!
Mark
Where would the new proposed course be located?

I recently wrote (and won) a grant for a course development project in Atlanta. I'd be happy to share the document with you if want it, just PM me your email. It has some before/after photos and detailed breakdown of labor involved to build it, as we applied for funding after clearing the course.

Can someone explain this grant process? Who and where does the grant come from? Can anyone apply? Where and how do I start the process? There are several places around me that could hold a course, but funding is always a problem. Any info would be great, Thanks.

Can someone explain this grant process? Who and where does the grant come from? Can anyone apply? Where and how do I start the process? There are several places around me that could hold a course, but funding is always a problem. Any info would be great, Thanks.

There are a million ways to get $. Not sure you can describe them all here.

in this specific case, an organization that supports Amateur sports in NC gives a portion of the money they make back. You apply for that money...

Another example I heard was that there are organizations that support making overweight kids healthy. So if you can spin a new disc golf course, connect with a local overweight children group to partner and have them use the course, you can apply for a grant from the "help fat kid" people and get some money.

You can apply for money in tons of ways.
Arborists - kill non native trees while making course
Bikers - border course with biking trails
Healthy Children organizations
Boy and Girl scout organizations
Disabled Veterans - easy sport that disabled can play

Research who gives out grants, then spin your proposal to suit the goals of that organization.

In Atlanta, there is a non-profit group that supports city of Atlanta parks. One of the ways they do this is by collecting donations from large corporations (like Home Depot) and then running a competitive grant process to distribute the funds to the best projects. We applied and won almost $50k ... which doesn't stretch as far as it should due to city imposed restrictions that make building very expensive. I'd look around for programs that target your area specifically, then put together a good case about why your project should be funded.

Latest posts