• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Green Mountain Championship 2022

Talking money and big contracts. . .Kristin is the only one i can think of that has got alot better AFTER her big contract got official.

Paul and Ricky are still top players. .but their highest rated and successful seasons was before their miljon dollar contracts

Talking money and big contracts. . .Kristin is the only one i can think of that has got alot better AFTER her big contract got official.

Paul and Ricky are still top players. .but their highest rated and successful seasons was before their miljon dollar contracts

Can't say he's wrong.

In unrelated news: Did anyone hear if Rick picked up a new umbrella sponsor?

dumb question. . is the rules in golf the same? if a golfball hits an umbella like that and stays IB is that the same? . . and does that happen often in ballgolf?

Ricky was helped by an umbrella, Paul by a dog and James got a waterbottle agains him.

So an athlete has one breakout season and expects a big payday in comparison to another star player, who is more established.

Good for them, always important to value yourself highly.

Now they have a bad/off year, while the other athlete they compared themselves to is dominating.

This scenario happens all of the time in other sports and the critiques of such are generally accepted as normal.

dumb question. . is the rules in golf the same? if a golfball hits an umbella like that and stays IB is that the same? . . and does that happen often in ballgolf?

Ricky was helped by an umbrella, Paul by a dog and James got a waterbottle agains him.
Ball golf rarely creates artificial OB lines. Their spectators are mostly standing/sitting inbounds even when behind a rope. So, a ball landing in a spectator area and deflecting off objects or people is played where it lies. It's rarer than disc golf when an errant ball might strike something that's normally not there such that its IB/OB landing position might be affected. If the ball lands in temporary structures set up for the tournament, the player is usually allowed to play the ball where it lands, or more likely, they will play from a drop zone marked for this purpose without penalty.

Last edited:
I went to spectate on Saturday and it was a lot of fun. Seemed like compared to last year there was a lot more volunteers/staff in general, better organized, but also a lot more spectators as well. Last year I could have snuck in without buying a ticket and nobody would have said anything, this time they had a check in desk right where the shuttle drops you off. I didn't see anybody get in trouble for not wearing a wrist band or being in the wrong place.

Spectating lead or chase would have been difficult on Brewster so the group I was with decided to spot up on hole 10 to watch people play through and that was a lot of fun. One of my favorite moments was when the gallery cheered for the chase card cameraman running down the fairway to get in position for chase cam. Also, chase card that day was INCREDIBLY slow. Eric Oakley thanked everybody for coming out which was the best player-crowd interaction I saw all day.

Fun time, would recommend, looking forward to next year already!

Wierd last round from Ricky. . not many ok shots but many extremly bad and good ones

In the F9 Rickys drives was as bad as i have ever seen. . .but his putt was insanly good

Didn't get to watch FPO live, but watching today's highlights...

Nice to see Henna hitting some really difficult putts, from odd positions, difficult to generate power... and finding chains. Truly impressive. That's got to go a long way towards helping her confidence. Out of her last 9 rounds (5 at World's and 4 at GMC), five have been rated 1000+.

She's the only FPO player coming close to challenging Kristin. Not much you can do when the best player in the world is at the top of her game and on cruise control.

Good news is Henna's likely earning more cash than she's ever earned before. That's gotta make her feel good, too.

On hole 8 in the final round Henna (-6) had maybe a 20 footer to save par after an OB drive. KT (-7) had already missed her birdie putt, so Henna would have stayed within one stroke of the lead. Henna 3 putted to take double bogey, with the bogey putt looking like it was about 15 feet.

Basically Henna went from in contention to basically out of it in one hole due to missing what should be routine putts. Hopefully she can find the right coach to help her build the right putt for her in the off season, because she has everything she needs to be an absolute monster if she can just get the putt solidified.

Henna's problem isn't long or difficult putts.
It's the routine putts.

That seems fixable. If she gets help from the right person/people, they should be able to help her develop a very repeatable routine, where she's just just thinking to herself:

Step 1: focus
Step 2: breath
Step 3: generate spin/snap off your fingers

... or something like that.

To somewhat paraphrase something Uli said, it's easier to block out the moment and other distractions, when you're focused on on your routine. The same routine you've practiced hundreds/thousands of times. You're not putting for a championship. You're just in your backyard hitting chains.

Or the McBeth routine:

Step 1: think "wouldn't it be embarrassing if I missed this putt?"
Step 2: Go blank.
Step 3: Smash!

Henna's problem isn't long or difficult putts.
It's the routine putts.

That seems fixable. If she gets help from the right person/people, they should be able to help her develop a very repeatable routine, where she's just just thinking to herself:

Step 1: focus
Step 2: breath
Step 3: generate spin/snap off your fingers

... or something like that.

To somewhat paraphrase something Uli said, it's easier to block out the moment and other distractions, when you're focused on on your routine. The same routine you've practiced hundreds/thousands of times. You're not putting for a championship. You're just in your backyard hitting chains.

Statistically, Henna is a better C1X putter relative to the FPO field than Uli is in MPO.

Just remembered that Chris Dickerson's drive on 18 last year had some OB controversy and checked the tape:
https://youtu.be/RtE0CXlyIOY?t=1708

That downcast face of the spotter sure makes it seem like it hit him, keeping him in bounds and preserving his 1 shot lead over Ricky.

Watching full speed it really looked like it nailed the spotter on the bounce but frame by frame it looked like it didn't bounce high & missed him, barely. No crowd reaction to indicate a hit. Two throws later spotter barely avoided a hit by MattyO's drive.

Watching full speed it really looked like it nailed the spotter on the bounce but frame by frame it looked like it didn't bounce high & missed him, barely. No crowd reaction to indicate a hit. Two throws later spotter barely avoided a hit by MattyO's drive.

I've often wondered on holes like that why the spotters are even IN bounds. At least if they get hit OB, well the disc is already OB, more than likely it would have stayed OB. You can see where it goes out just as easily if you are a few feet OB vs a few feet in.

Ricky's drive on 14 this year final round hit a camera tripod/umbrella or something and stayed in bounds, quite possibly saved a stroke (he lost 3 strokes as it was on that hole). For stuff so close to the line, keep it out of the playing area...

Latest posts