• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

I've got the bag and I love it.... But where is everyone hanging their towels? I haven't found a good spot on the bag to clip my towel where it's attached near the top and can be unobtrusively stored away in the side pocket while attached. The closest I've found is clipping it to the stash pocket behind the grip logo.... But then I can't open and close it to skip bad songs on Pandora :doh: there really should be one in between the pencil pocket and button up top.

My towel hangs on the D-ring on the strap. I like to wipe off discs walking between holes so it works for me.

Is anyone having trouble with the gray portions of the bags getting dirty/stained easily?

$252.00 is cheaper than one could make it oneself. Plus, "Lifetime guaranteed"! Yes, I want. Yes, I will have. But what to do with the Special Edition Embroidered Fade Tourney bag my sister got me???

Well I got my A-Series this weekend and played 3 rounds with it on Sunday...

Here are my thoughts..

Pros

- Feels great on the back, rides nice and high and definitely helps relieve the back pain I was getting from my Mojo (during long days).
- I'm a big guy (6' - 310 lbs) very easy to get on and off and very comfortable.
- Ample storage, lots of room for discs and all the supplies you need
- All and all very happy with my purchase.

Cons (as far as cons go these are minor but I'll have a better understanding after a few months)

- The nylon straps that loosen and tighten the shoulder straps sit on the ground. About a dozen times the other day I'd go to pick up the bag and my foot steps on one of the nylon straps and as I pick it up the bag it pulls it tightening up one of the shoulder straps to the max. (does this make sense)

- It seems that the material inside the side pockets and the disc storage area is pretty thin and seems kind of weak. I took the bag insert from my Mojo and did a slight mod so it would fit inside the disc area cause I was concerned that over time the fabric will deteriorate from pulling discs in and out.

- I wish there was a center insert where you can put in some sort of water bladder system.

IMHO.

I'm happy with the purchase.. BUT..

If Grip beefed up the inside of the pockets and disc area like the Mojo this bag would be perfect.

Now please keep in mind this is what I noticed after a 3 round Sunday, my opinions could swing either way in a few months.

I'll keep ya posted..

That what i was hoping^ Thanks!

Can anyone tell me how to identify a first vs. second run L Series? Or point me in the right direction to find out?

My wife and I both have one, and each is a different run just not sure which is which. I want to sell one of them so any help would be greatly appreciated as i don't want to misrepresent the bag(and i know someone will ask).

TIA!

^ Yes. Has anyone ordered in the last few weeks? How long was the turn around?

Just ordered mine....Order # 3368

Well I got my A-Series this weekend and played 3 rounds with it on Sunday...

Here are my thoughts..

Pros

- Feels great on the back, rides nice and high and definitely helps relieve the back pain I was getting from my Mojo (during long days).
- I'm a big guy (6' - 310 lbs) very easy to get on and off and very comfortable.
- Ample storage, lots of room for discs and all the supplies you need
- All and all very happy with my purchase.

Cons (as far as cons go these are minor but I'll have a better understanding after a few months)

- The nylon straps that loosen and tighten the shoulder straps sit on the ground. About a dozen times the other day I'd go to pick up the bag and my foot steps on one of the nylon straps and as I pick it up the bag it pulls it tightening up one of the shoulder straps to the max. (does this make sense)

- It seems that the material inside the side pockets and the disc storage area is pretty thin and seems kind of weak. I took the bag insert from my Mojo and did a slight mod so it would fit inside the disc area cause I was concerned that over time the fabric will deteriorate from pulling discs in and out.

- I wish there was a center insert where you can put in some sort of water bladder system.

IMHO.

I'm happy with the purchase.. BUT..

If Grip beefed up the inside of the pockets and disc area like the Mojo this bag would be perfect.

Now please keep in mind this is what I noticed after a 3 round Sunday, my opinions could swing either way in a few months.

I'll keep ya posted..

I too was stepping on the straps, and it really pissed me off. I just rolled the extra up and put a zip tie around it. Not the zip tie scratches my arm when I put the bag on. I can't win.

Can anyone tell me how to identify a first vs. second run L Series? Or point me in the right direction to find out?
TIA!

The most obvious difference is on the bottom of the bag. The first run L-series bags had 6 feet on the bottom. The second run L-series bags have 2 long runners on the bottom.

I've had my bag(L Series) for a year and half and never stepped on the strap once. Not quite sure what you guys are doing.