• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

AWESOMENATE.jpg

bobby_hill.jpg

hmmm...

his bag was built not to need an internal soft frame. otherwise,he would of made one
I understand that, but I found it to be very usefull. I've used them in my Kong bag and Lat. 64 bag. The dividers are nice and you don't loose out on disc space. There only $10. and I feel they've added some extra years of life to the bags I used them with. So I was just curious?

Thanks!

I understand that, but I found it to be very usefull. I've used them in my Kong bag and Lat. 64 bag. The dividers are nice and you don't loose out on disc space. There only $10. and I feel they've added some extra years of life to the bags I used them with. So I was just curious?

Thanks!

Where can you buy that innova frame at?

Last edited:
Just talked to @ again and I love his approach to all this. He is interested in feedback, he wants things to work, and he wants to know how it can be better

Glad to hear the bag is working out for some of you. I'm still not big on the look of the bag, but I'm a complete Mahal convert. I have no problem paying a bit more for the best bag harness I have ever worn. Tons and tons of extra space, which was my original reason for getting the bag. I'm a big guy and I like to have lots of stuff with me.

I bought a Grip yesterday and got it today. I'll probably carry it tomorrow when I beat up on Biscoe and tell him how good it feels on my back.

Now you see why I sold the Phoenix bag. I don't have my Grip yet, but that's why.

well i have about 10 rounds with mine so far and i havnt had any rips or nothing other than that small stitching coming undone on the velcro in the middle flap. other than that. its been great!

I was thinking about taking that piece of velcro off. Does the pocket hand down without it at all?

just finished a 2 day tourney. The bag was great and felt nice. It did take a bit for me to get used to the backpack feel, but I am hooked. I still love the thing and my only wish is that I could fit 2 putters in the quiver pocket (like designed). This was especially an issue at Fountain Hills in AZ due to all the water. I needed a second putter in there since my primary one rolled into the lake after a missed aggressive putt. I guess I could just putt better. :doh:

I also use the open pocket on the main compartment flap for my scorecard. It even worked OK with the scorecard on a clipboard as long as I was not overstuffed with discs in the main section.

I received my grip bag from Dynamic Discs about a week ago. Anybody from Canada who is looking to buy this bag I would give my highest recommendation to Dynamic Discs, Jeremy knows how to ship to Canada in the quickest and most economical way. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to use it on the course yet however I have had a good look at the bag and really enjoy the design. Some of my Initial observations;

Cool stuff:

Love the quiver, however there is no way 2 putters will fit in there, at least not if I want to get them out again, un-deformed. Just a question, why would you want two putters in the quiver anyways?

The key/phone pocket is very handy again just the right size and I love the key clip nice touch.

The pocket which goes into the bag when it is open is where I keep my second putter.

The main compartment is very roomy, love the d rings I attach my towel to one of them, and will attach a mini clipboard to hold scorecards to the other.

The bottom mesh putter pocket is currently not in use for me, besides holding my mini marker. This may change as I use the bag.

The rainfly is the tits, very well thought out!

The side pockets are functional, and the interior little pockets will come handy for quick access.

Love the chair/umbrella holder brilliant and soo handy

The drink holders are nice and snug, with good drainage. Some others have seen the snugness as a determent, while I don't. I like that if the bag tips over the water bottles aren't going to roll all over.

Padded straps are very comfortable and I love that the chest strap is removable. I can't see myself using the chest straps so I took them off and stored them with the rainfly.

Lifetime warranty...enough said

Challenges/Hacks:

The pocket where I hold my putter stitching is beginning to fail . This seems to be a weak point in the stitching I will see how it progresses over time. I emailed Justin awhile back to give him the heads up, haven't heard anything back yet but I'm not worried as it sounds like he is standing behind his products when others have had similar failures.

I would like to see the rainfly hold onto the bag snugger. With mine at least when I have all the snaps done up it hangs loosely around the bottom.

I would like to see a pen holder that is longer to hold a full sized pen to complement the other pen holders. There may be one somewhere to hold a full sized pen and I just haven't found it yet.

Besides my wariness around the stitching on the one pocket these are minor challenges, to what is overall an amazing bag!!! I can't see myself wanting any other bag as this bag is well thought out, comfortable. I researched allot of bags from the usual suspects before I bought one and I can say this bag is the best I have found, with the Mahal a close second IMHO.
Gary

Attachments

• grip 1.JPG
    grip 1.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 102
  • grip 2.JPG
    grip 2.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 114
I assumed the rainfly having some room around the bottom was so you could lift it to grab a disc without unbuttoning.

I've had 2 putters in mine the whole time. They fit just like in my carolina

I've had 2 putters in mine the whole time. They fit just like in my carolina

My two putters fit just fine in the quiver, and theyre super grippy SS and SSS Wizards. I just cant have the quiver buttoned because then only one fits. Unbuttoned both fit comfortably with no problem pulling them out except if I tried to grab both at once.

I assumed the rainfly having some room around the bottom was so you could lift it to grab a disc without unbuttoning.

Everytime you post I end up staring at your avatar and trying to use my mind to get it to spin in the opposite direction...no luck as of yet. :doh:

Latest posts