• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

For you guys who have one, besides the way it rides, what do you feel are the biggest advantages over a traditional bag and quads?

well actually the way it rides is a big deal. It is more comfortable for those long tournament days, less energy and expended lugging around discs = less fatigue at the end of the day.

I love the rain fly. i played a round yesterday in a blizzard and everything stayed nice and dry. The other thing you will notice is that it is well thought out things have a place, and again are placed for convenience.

gary

You guys that believe the only quality manufacturing out there is located in the US are hilarious and very uninformed.

It would be nice to bring the manufacturing state-side. But it would definitely get more expensive. And there's no reason that a high quality product can't be made in Vietnam/China/Korea/etc. The vast majority of clothing, electronics, medical implants, and car components come from those countries.

I agree that there is no reason a good quality item can't be made in another country outside the USA. Most "made in the USA" items are actually assembled in the USA not made in the USA, if you look beyond the label and investigate most the components in your high end "made in USA" are actually made elsewhere.

This is not meant as a USA bash, it is just a statement that items made elsewhere are necessarily inferior, and in this discussion are a red herring.

IMHO the place we find ourselves as consumers of the Grip bag is that we are part of the RND process. it is like anything else if you want to be on the bleeding edge you have to put up with some hassles.I for one don't mind with a lifetime warranty and an owner who is willing to stand up to that warranty. However if you want a polished product you may want to wait a couple of generations before you buy.

I agree that there is no reason a good quality item can't be made in another country outside the USA. Most "made in the USA" items are actually assembled in the USA not made in the USA, if you look beyond the label and investigate most the components in your high end "made in USA" are actually made elsewhere.

This is not meant as a USA bash, it is just a statement that items made elsewhere are necessarily inferior, and in this discussion are a red herring.

IMHO the place we find ourselves as consumers of the Grip bag is that we are part of the RND process. it is like anything else if you want to be on the bleeding edge you have to put up with some hassles.I for one don't mind with a lifetime warranty and an owner who is willing to stand up to that warranty. However if you want a polished product you may want to wait a couple of generations before you buy.

whhhoops forgot a not:doh:
that items made elsewhere are NOT necessarily inferior,

Whoever makes hockey jerseys up in Canuckistan should make some bags. Those things are stitched so well that 200+ pound men have a hard time ripping them apart even when trying.

who wants to trade me a mahal for my grip? :) nothings wrong with it. it just doesnt have the storage i want

doesn't have the storage? For reals playa? My bag feels half full after I load 14 discs, a towel, a chamois and my little tupperware container of pencils, pills and sunscreen. Perhaps you are carrying too much stuff.

well I was talking more on the lines of winter wear like jackets ,sweats,gloves etc. Here in tx it's cold one min and hot the next so I need to have room to put those items in. When it just stays cold,yea it's not a problem because I keep all that on. Either way. It doesn't even have the storing capacity of a la64 bag. I dnt fill that thing to the brim with discs but I can fit 2 jackets in there and still have room.

I had room for my little items. Ie : towel,rosin bag,baseball,pencils,cards, etc. There's plenty of pockets for the small ****.

either way, I done sold it to a local for 220 so I'm happy.

Booter does Mystery Ranch even have any mahals in stock? I want one too but I heard they wouldn't start production on them again til April. I saw one at our ice bowl this year. Discraft pro Tim Keith had one there.

well I was talking more on the lines of winter wear like jackets ,sweats,gloves etc. Here in tx it's cold one min and hot the next so I need to have room to put those items in. When it just stays cold,yea it's not a problem because I keep all that on. Either way. It doesn't even have the storing capacity of a la64 bag. I dnt fill that thing to the brim with discs but I can fit 2 jackets in there and still have room.

I had room for my little items. Ie : towel,rosin bag,baseball,pencils,cards, etc. There's plenty of pockets for the small ****.

either way, I done sold it to a local for 220 so I'm happy.

We have winter here too but I don't use silly stuff like jackets and sweats. Maybe that's the difference.

Yep, he's not making a million of these bags, and they are ridiculously expensive for a simple backpack, the whole China thing was a big mistake.

Every mid to large sized city in the U.S. has at least one respectable business set up to do this kind of work. Properly. :|

Contracting this out to the cheapest possible source offshore only means that you will almost be guaranteed a crappy product. These also is no recourse because he has nobody else to make these things for less, so the company he's using now cant be harmed at all.
This means you will continue to get the same craptastic made piece of turd forever.
Or until he smartens up and has these made here in the U.S.
Local manufacturing means hands on quality control, not "Ohhhhhh, so sorry" , and the ability to change things up on the fly, which makes for a constantly improving product.

I really think someone wanted a new Bentley too bad, so they can be like Puffy. :(

Just get yourself a roll of duct tape and learn to deal with it.
Or buy a decently made product, like the ones made by Mystery Ranch.
I have an old Kelty backpack, with a Mystery Ranch suspension system in it, I know how they put their stuff together, and its bomber tough.

They are made in Vietnam, not China, smart guy.

that's because ur a badass chris

@discdwn-theres none available now so you have to jump on the list for one. I spoke with somebody yesterday @mystery ranch and he said they would begin building the bags in a week. Then they would be ready in a month and a half.so probably around april. Whether this is an accurate timeline for them. I dnt know.

@booter...it aint THAT cold here :D and it lasts for like 2 days haha

Hahahahaha someone that is in the DG business buying a Bentley.

Oh that's rich. You'd be lucky to afford Nestle'