• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Look up the definition and know that "commodity" also typically refers to a generalized product available in larger quantities and often from multiple sources. Like, say, ketchup. Nobody's cornered the market on ketchup.

In economics, a commodity is the generic term for any marketable item produced to satisfy wants or needs.[1] Economic commodities comprise goods and services.[2]

The more specific meaning of the term commodity is applied to goods only. It is used to describe a class of goods for which there is demand

also from Wiki

No, they have a few retailers because the retailers give them something they can't get on their own, like exposure at the bigger events and shows and such.

This is a possibility I suppose, I would say DD would fit this description, dunno about the others tho.

Because you keep pretending that there aren't other reasons. Your friend probably doesn't bring to the table the same things Dynamic Discs can and does.

Maybe, maybe not

Only the ones who PM me and call me a prick. :|

You left out smug, i said you were smug also

Not a Grip homer. Just have a brain and like to use it from time to time. Try it out! You might like it!

lol, K

Tasteless and bad business? Yes, because keeping more of the profits to yourself, on bags that you're selling about as fast as you can make them, is such a bad business.

Ok, dude, your reading comprehension is bad. Please re read my last post.

Just common sense why they might not want to add another middle man and why they might not want to allow ANY of them to sell online.

Well, first of all, how do you "know" they dont want them to sell online? Second of all, are you privy to Grips business models and plans for future growth? Because you make it sound like you are..

So buy one online. But you won't, because you're ticked that they didn't want to let your friend profit off them. So they didn't respond to your friend's emails. Zzzzzz. Okay.

You're right, i know where to find them, and I wont be buying one. I was hoping to support a brand that supported a big part of our local scene, but I wont be now.

Why exactly is it bad business? Besides the one bag they didn't sell to you because you're trying to stick up for your friend's inalienable right to get an email from a company that doesn't want to add him as a middle man?

Right. So they didn't respond... until they did. Read this thread. It seems like a small operation and they don't answer email all the time.
This is an excuse, why?
I'm happy with my bag, but not overly attached to it. It's a tool. Its job is to carry plastic discs around. It does it well.
Cool, I liked my first run when I had it, sold it for some cash and a Revo bag
But like I said, I like to use my brain from time to time, and generally don't like people slagging on others when there are perfectly legitimate reasons for the others to have done what they did.
But you have no problem doing it to me, even though my claim might be perfectly legit... right?
Could they have responded to emails sooner? Perhaps. But for all we know the requests were poorly written and they deleted several of them. Who knows?
I know. You dont, seems to be the theme here with this whole situation.

For your lovely PM, you'll go on my ignore list. Respond if you'd like, I won't see it. Woo! :)
Finally...

That's really got nothing to do with it. I'd make the same argument whether I owned one of their bags or not. His panties are in a bunch because they didn't let his friend profit from them. Boo hoo.

"Commodification (also called commoditization) occurs as a goods or services market loses differentiation across its supply base, often by the diffusion of the intellectual capital necessary to acquire or produce it efficiently. As such, goods that formerly carried premium margins for market participants have become commodities, such as generic pharmaceuticals and DRAM chips. Another example is the credit card product, where all suppliers offer almost identical interest rates, fees, rewards programs, and bait & hook incentive models for new customers. Since the core credit card product is essentially identical, the only remaining market differentiators are branding & customer service."

Not that Wikipedia is always the best source, but the bold parts explain why Grips aren't commodities. They're still being sold at a premium price and they haven't yet become commodities.
lol, "I'll settle this by god, let me just get the definition of something off of wikipedia"
^^ Thats you

even if they made hover disc bags i woudn't be able to get them at my local shop because..........

oh man sorry about that

Horay disc golf!!!

Nate Doss bags are up for sale, I wonder how many of these were made for the second run, or if they've just had a backstock.

well I say hot dang that doss bag is AWESOME!!!! 300$$ man that is steep, mahal territory there. either way that bag is smokin'!!!!!!!

Seeing Nate Doss' bag in person, I can attest it looks damn sharp. An extra $100 sharp? Well, that will depend on how much disposable income you have laying around.

Seeing Nate Doss' bag in person, I can attest it looks damn sharp. An extra $100 sharp? Well, that will depend on how much disposable income you have laying around.

I'm giving it only a 2.5 out of 5 because I do not think it is worth $100 extra. Clearly since I've done this I believe I value $100 exactly the same amount as everyone else. :)

(See: P2P/Rating Thread... I got a Clay/Coal, after all :D).

anybody know what the scoop is on the special edition bags shown on the dd kc facebook page? are those only available in store? i like the gray with black, but live nowhere near kc...

looks like the inverse of the regular black and gray bag...bag is mostly dark gray with some black accents. looks hella sexy to me, not listed on their site for order though. so i'm not sure if it's a dd exclusive, or maybe exclusive to the authorized retailers or what.

Hm I would assume it's possible one of the new LE colors, I was hoping for something other than black and grey again, hopefully there's more.