• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

i totally noticed this too... was this just because they rushed the order? i thought that was some part of the design... either way its still comfy and should correct itself over time. by the very least if something breaks on the bag, atleast you can get it fixed with the lifetime warranty

I found this bending issue to be the case for me as well. I did what throwfromthewoods suggested and straightened them and put the in on the opposite side I took them out of. However after putting my discs in there I realized I didnt really carry enough to completely fill it anyway and now I dont mind that they are bent in a little because they hold my discs upright.

I guess I am confused about this as well, is it an issue with the design or it is designed that way on purpose? :confused:

I assumed it was designed that way on purpose to better hold the discs snugly. As you add more discs it sort of straightens itself out. This way you can hold a few number of discs as the bends push the discs together and keep them from shifting around. Seems to be flexible enough to allow you to jam more discs if you prefer and it will expand out to accommodate that.

Logical assumption would have me thinking that if this was a real issue or problem it would have been fixed a long time ago and new bags would no longer have this problem. Again, just an assumption on my part.

Mine came assembled and ready to go direct from Grip, the discs fit snugly between the bends and I don't feel the need to change a thing. Just my $.02. :thmbup:

i agree with you. the way that it was the same on both sides, let me to believe that it was apart of the design! i dont mind it. i fit perfectly 17 discs in the main pocket, 4 putters in the top 2. i cant complain! gonna make me a better golfer by using the discs i have. and swaping different discs in and out each round. i see it as a win win!

My fiancé surprised me with a Grip Bag and I have a few noob questions. Should I be able to place a disc in the front flap that covers the main compartment? I tried to stick a putter I there but it was extremely tight. I stopped because I didn't want to tear the bag.

My fiancé surprised me with a Grip Bag and I have a few noob questions. Should I be able to place a disc in the front flap that covers the main compartment? I tried to stick a putter I there but it was extremely tight. I stopped because I didn't want to tear the bag.

Only the first run of Grip Bags had a front pocket big enough to hold a disc. New ones do not.

Also, she sounds like a keeper for sure! :thmbup:

I have a second run/ First run on the gray/black bag and had trouble placing a putter there as well. I was able to just sneak in a Roadrunner in there and stretched it out a little. Fits in there fine now.

This is my first post in this thread and I just wanted to share my experience. I've had my Grip bag since July 2011 and it's still running strong! I swear this bag takes strokes off of my game... The only sign of wear it shows is the stitching on the putter pocket because of how I slide my putters in. Does not affect performance though! 3-4 rounds a week and it still has a few years left.

im proud to say im now in the GRIP club :eek: .. got in this week off the marketplace and i LOVE IT!! It was a nice surprise its not near as big as i was thinking it would be and WOW does it feel great on the back.. im so so stoked to get it out on the course this weekend :thmbup:

Based on holding, wearing, and examining the Prodiscus and Grip EQ bags side by side, I can say that the difference between the two is significant. The Prodiscus is not simply a bigger Grip. Yes, it is bigger, but it's a completely different bag. I cant comment on how comfortable each bag is during and after a round, but I should be able to do so after this weekend. I didn't notice a big difference when putting it on my back initially, though.

The Prodiscus has more storage. That's the bottomline, I think. I would say you could easily fit 35+ discs in the Prodiscus. That's crazy. Discs fit in the side pouches of the Prodiscus (3 each), the vertical storage pockets (2 each), the main compartment (24), and the top putter pouch (6ish). The Grip fits 20-22 for me, max (17-18 in main compartment, 2 up top). The storage of the Prodiscus also equates to a significant more storage space for items other than discs, though. I can easily fit a warm XXL jacket in each of the vertical side storage pockets as well as the putter pouch up top. I really appreciate that, but all I need is one spot to put a jacket in addition to my discs. I do not, however, see a need for the two side pouches that hang off of the bag. Those are what make the Prodiscus bag storage overkill (for my needs).

The bottle slots on the Grip are dedicated and are seemlessly integrated into the side of the main bag. The Prodiscus's bottle slots are less dedicated, yet still functional. More than half of the material holding the bottles in place is actually part of those bulky side storage pouches and the vertical side storage pockets.

The materials feel just as durable and the zippers are fine, so that's good.

The bottom of the Prodiscus has flexible rubber bars instead of rigid bars, which means it may sit on uneven ground with more stability.

They both feel the same when you pick them up by top strap, which I find myself doing during rounds.

The Prodiscus's rainfly is attached to the bag in its own dedicated, stealthy pocket up top. The Grip's is free standing in a stealthy pocket behind the bottom lip of the main compartment opening.

The Prodiscus has more storage slots and zippers in the vertical side pockets and uses softer material in some spots. The pocket directly above the main compartment has that soft material making it perfect for a cell phone and a camera. The Grip has the same hard material inside and out of every pocket and whatnot.

The flap on the main compartment of the Prodiscus is shoved behind the discs and stays in place naturally. There's no problem pulling discs out or putting them in. The Grip uses velcro to keep it in place. No problem pulling discs in and out.

The top/putter pockets are really different. The Grip's is smaller and has a useful button strap that elevates the discs out of the top for easy access. The Prodiscus's is BIG and you have to reach in to grab the disc. I put 3 midranges and 3 drivers in there easily. It doesn't have any mechanism to elevate the discs.

The Prodiscus has loops at the end of the draw cords that are used to tighten the main shoulder straps. Both bags have straps that clip across the chest. They also both have straps that traverse the vertical side pockets.

Those are the main differences and comparisons I can make between the two. I'm on the fence about which one I will keep. Thankfully, I can still send the Grip back to the manufacturer (I'm within the 30 days still). I don't think reselling the Prodiscus would be that difficult.

Only the first run of Grip Bags had a front pocket big enough to hold a disc. New ones do not.

Also, she sounds like a keeper for sure! :thmbup:

I can fit a Rhynos and Anodes in the front pocket :gross:

Edit: just got a grip a month ago

Last edited:
I WANT A CAMO GRIP BAG
I asked Grip about these because I wanted one too. They said if they were to do another camo bag, it wouldn't be like the last one because it was an SE. The impression I got was that it would happen in the future, with a slight tweak from the last one.

From what I understood only the FR and SE can fit discs in there. I got a black one a month ago and I can't fit any in there. Do you have a SE?

Grey/Black,

3EDD64B5-1DAE-452C-B6E2-044D0BD1F0D4-10123-00000453337E2556_zpsadf53ca5.jpg

Got it about a month and a half ago but didn't want to bring it out in the Wisconsin snow. Currently in Nashville and putting her to good use. Great bag, easy on the back, and can actually hold a good amount of stuff (two tshirts, thick flannel, and a hat behind the flap to access discs)

Here she is at Cedar Hills with a delicious Lowryeder IPA from Sweet Water brewing,

FF04E885-54A0-41C7-9D6B-F064C5BE9EEA-10123-00000453389815A1_zps94ad36a4.jpg

You guys are talking about two different pockets. The pocket that used to be able to fit a disc but can't anymore is the pocket on the front flap. Not the lower stretchy mesh pocket.

Grey/Black,

3EDD64B5-1DAE-452C-B6E2-044D0BD1F0D4-10123-00000453337E2556_zpsadf53ca5.jpg

Got it about a month and a half ago but didn't want to bring it out in the Wisconsin snow. Currently in Nashville and putting her to good use. Great bag, easy on the back, and can actually hold a good amount of stuff (two tshirts, thick flannel, and a hat behind the flap to access discs)

Here she is at Cedar Hills with a delicious Lowryeder IPA from Sweet Water brewing,

FF04E885-54A0-41C7-9D6B-F064C5BE9EEA-10123-00000453389815A1_zps94ad36a4.jpg

My bad, I wasn't specific. I'm talking about the flap that covers the disc.

Latest posts