• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip vs Mahal

steezo said:
If you look at the Outsiders on the website you will see the toxic green color. It gives you a perspective of the color scheme. I dropped a hint through email that I would love an international orange mahal but im sure it fell on deaf ears.

Was it just a rumor about a new Revolution back pack?
link to this outiders part on the website ? I wanna see that green

Frank Delicious said:
BLURR said:
I wouldn't buy either one. I would buy a Revo Dual Pack if I was looking for a big bag to carry "everything" on tournament day.

I was not a fan of the dual pack. Put anything in the top compartment and the bottom compartment becomes inaccessible. Plus the thing didn't ride great.

I had heard that they made an improvement to the dual pack because of this particular issue.

I use a dual pack lite and can carry anything and everything on game day. I carry 15 disc's in the main compartment. 3 putters in the putter pouch. And depending upon weather and time of season, the top compartment will fit an XXL raincoat, XXL hoodie, 3 dg towels and my two roller disc's without any issue.

booter said:
steezo said:
If you look at the Outsiders on the website you will see the toxic green color. It gives you a perspective of the color scheme. I dropped a hint through email that I would love an international orange mahal but im sure it fell on deaf ears.

Was it just a rumor about a new Revolution back pack?
link to this outiders part on the website ? I wanna see that green

http://www.mysteryranch.com/s.nl/it.A/id.12056/.f?sc=11&category=16

I'd kill for a coyote colored Mahal.

I like both of them as well. On the outsider bag, it looks like toxic green is used with foliage for a nice combination.

steezo said:
I sold my GRIP bag for $250 for the sole purpose of ordering a Mahal. They should be shipping late April. I will say this though. Getting information from Patrick at Mystery Ranch is redicky hard. He replied to my email about the Mahal with information about the Outsiders. Then said he would get back to me about the Mahal. Days later I had to follow up with my request, which was: Can you send me a picture of the Toxic Green Mahal (they said they would post on the website last year but never did) What colors were being produced this year, is any color sold out? What is the expected ship date? What if any changes are different this year from last years? Has a pencil holder been added to the bag? After I had to follow up, Patrick simply wrote back which colors were available and that they were not sold out. I sent a reply asking if he was capable of answering my other questions. We will see how long it takes. I called last week before sending my email and asked how much the bags were and Brian a Sales guy said all the bags were $290. I asked if he could verify that and he put me on hold and said only the Camo will be $290. I have no problems spending a great deal of money on a disc golf bag but get your chit together guys. I should not have to WORK to get your information from you. :roll:

This also concerns me with the lifetime warranty. I mean lifetime warranties are cool but if you cannot get in contact with the manufacturer, what good is it?

That said, I'm still working to raise funds for the purchase of one.

Does the Mahal have an internal frame built in? The thing is massive, but I like how you can compress the two side pockets and make it more compact. I'm with Booter, kinda want one now.

uNicedmeMan said:
steezo said:
I sold my GRIP bag for $250 for the sole purpose of ordering a Mahal. They should be shipping late April. I will say this though. Getting information from Patrick at Mystery Ranch is redicky hard. He replied to my email about the Mahal with information about the Outsiders. Then said he would get back to me about the Mahal. Days later I had to follow up with my request, which was: Can you send me a picture of the Toxic Green Mahal (they said they would post on the website last year but never did) What colors were being produced this year, is any color sold out? What is the expected ship date? What if any changes are different this year from last years? Has a pencil holder been added to the bag? After I had to follow up, Patrick simply wrote back which colors were available and that they were not sold out. I sent a reply asking if he was capable of answering my other questions. We will see how long it takes. I called last week before sending my email and asked how much the bags were and Brian a Sales guy said all the bags were $290. I asked if he could verify that and he put me on hold and said only the Camo will be $290. I have no problems spending a great deal of money on a disc golf bag but get your chit together guys. I should not have to WORK to get your information from you. :roll:

This also concerns me with the lifetime warranty. I mean lifetime warranties are cool but if you cannot get in contact with the manufacturer, what good is it?

That said, I'm still working to raise funds for the purchase of one.

I still haven't received a reply from Patrick and I do not think I will. The good thing about the Mahal is the build quality should be perfect. As I am getting older I am more appreciative of items being made in USA as well.

Booter wants one because he is a tiny little disc slut and wants to finger everything disc golf...... :lol:

I too will be rocking a Mahal and Squirell Monkey going foward. Perfect combo.

I spoke with Mystery Ranch a couple weeks ago, and they're not sure if the camo color is going to go into production when it starts this spring.They might only offer black and green. I was told they are working through the ski back orders then the will start on the Mahal. As far as the scorecard/pencil holder that is a no go, the bag will be exactly the same as the first run. I personally can not wait to get mine. I was hoping to have it before the Am Championships in Bowling Green, KY this year. Oh well.

Perhaps if we who have pre-ordered bitch enough to them in email they will add the scorecard/pencil holder to the next run.

Jeronimo said:
Perhaps if we who have pre-ordered bitch enough to them in email they will add the scorecard/pencil holder to the next run.

I'm willing to give it a try when I order. While I do think it's a shame that they won't make that enhancement despite lots of request, it's not a deal breaker for me. I feel like it will be pretty easy to modify the bag to accommodate a score card somewhere.

Yeah maybe, but if there's anything I've learned in my adult life it's that when you (the customer) put your money where your mouth is (i.e. pre-order a bag) the supplier will tend to listen.

Let me know when you are going to ask them about it and I'll email them at the same time with the same question.