• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip vs Mahal

They are no longer making the ACU, the only camo option they have now is the muli-cam.

Jeronimo said:
Yikes, really? Was considering asking them to change my order from black to ACU camo...

Gonnagal said:
They are no longer making the ACU, the only camo option they have now is the muli-cam.

Jeronimo said:
Yikes, really? Was considering asking them to change my order from black to ACU camo...

Funny, when I pre ordered my bag over a month ago Black and ACU Camo were two of the options.

Hey new here, let me say that idk about the bad email responses, I emailed mystery ranch to ask if I made an order today when could I expect to get my bag? Within an hour I received a response that bags were in production and I should get one sometime in April. I agree that there should be a pencil holder! I don't care about the scorecards I can easily find somewhere in there to put cards but a pencil on the other hand not so much liking the lack of this feature. But pretty much everything else about this bag was awesome. I only learned of them yesterday and ordered one today.

That being said I do not ever make impulsive decisions but they got me hook line and sinker. However I do not feel bad about it at all. All want in a bag is enough room for 15 -20 discs water bottles and some damn place for a rain coat or a way to hook my stool to my bag! Thus being some of the reasons for this purchase. I do like my fade tour bag a lot and just rhino lined the bottom of it so it is good to go but then I discovered the coolest bag I have ever seen. I can load it up when car pooling to events and leave a bunch of stuff in the hotel room. It is just so smart, I love it.

My only hope is that I get it in time for the glass blown open

I pre ordered mine in October and had the option for ACU, when I called they said they are no longer making ACU, which is what I wanted. I even asked again when they called saying production has started.

Jeronimo said:
Gonnagal said:

Jeronimo said:

Funny, when I pre ordered my bag over a month ago Black and ACU Camo were two of the options.

All these people are saying they have Grip bags. Or had Grip bags. I thought the weren't available yet. Is there a place I can buy one today?

First round is out. The next round will be out later this month. Contact Dynamic Discs to pre order if they are still taking them.

I guess they are done taking preorders, cause I can't find anything about them on the site. That's fine though. Plenty of people are going to buy and resell pretty quickly.

Idk if everyone here is saying they have a grip bag, I think more have ordered mystery ranch. I do know a guy with the grip bag, it looked nice but it is just a little to compact for me and tour play. However if I had one for rec play I would love it alot. After seeing the mahal the grip bag took 2 nd place on my want list, now it's back to first since I ordered my mahal, April can't be here soon enough!

Sooo....

A little birdie told me that some of 'em Mahals will be rolling off the production floor early next week....

Now I can't get a response out of these guys and it's pissing me off. I tried contacting Levi directly and came up with nothing. I was going to beg them to include a pencil/score card holder and ask him for clarification on the colors available. I'm a buyer, and they can't even communicate with me? Wtf?

Ok, I spoke too soon... Levi answered my email and did so very well. I figured i'd throw it up here since there wasn't really anything private said. The first response there is an answer to a concern I had about the "black" bag getting very hot in the summer. I was actually hoping for an all black bag but eh, oh well.

Hey Jeremy,

Glad to hear that you are on the list for a bag, I'm sure you're going to be
stoked. We are no longer offering ACU, and the only other options are olive
drab green or black (so it sounds like black might be the option for you).
As far as black is concerned, the bag is accented in Foliage (which is a
grey scale color) which breaks up the black - I wouldn't worry at all about
getting too hot because of the color. However, you should understand that
our bag has significant harnessing compared to others, though this only
means that you are more comfortable on the course. Also, because we as
golfers take our bags on and off so much when we play it is far more
important in my mind that we are comfortable and that the bag fits well
rather than rides horribly but has a couple more inches of "breathing" area.

As for the scorecard/pencil pocket, there is already one on the bag. It
doesn't have slots for the pencil because of the reasons you just mentioned
(golf pencils being tiny), but there are small, shallowl pockets on the
insides of the large side compartments for scorecards and pencils.

I can only give you a 4-6 week window as far as when the packs will be
finished and shipping. They are on the Production Floor right now, but they
are a very labor intensive bag (hence the cost!).

The price range exists only for the Multi-Cam bags. Because Crye Precision
has a patent on the pattern, Multi-Cam is considerably more expensive for us
to get and use. All other colors will be on the least expensive side of the
price range.

So, there you have it. Hope I answered all of your questions and I look
forward to seeing you on the course some day.

Tear it up!

-Levi

I didn't know that about the scorecard/pencil holder that was already incorparated into the bag. I remember watching the YouTube video on the bag that Wiggins Jr won, and it said that it would be implemented on the next production. Needless to say I'm pleased with the bolded part of the e-mail from Levi. Of course this goes without saying that I can not wait till I receive my Mahal in the mail.

Jeronimo said:
Ok, I spoke too soon... Levi answered my email and did so very well. I figured i'd throw it up here since there wasn't really anything private said. The first response there is an answer to a concern I had about the "black" bag getting very hot in the summer. I was actually hoping for an all black bag but eh, oh well.

Hey Jeremy,

Glad to hear that you are on the list for a bag, I'm sure you're going to be
stoked. We are no longer offering ACU, and the only other options are olive
drab green or black (so it sounds like black might be the option for you).
As far as black is concerned, the bag is accented in Foliage (which is a
grey scale color) which breaks up the black - I wouldn't worry at all about
getting too hot because of the color. However, you should understand that
our bag has significant harnessing compared to others, though this only
means that you are more comfortable on the course. Also, because we as
golfers take our bags on and off so much when we play it is far more
important in my mind that we are comfortable and that the bag fits well
rather than rides horribly but has a couple more inches of "breathing" area.

As for the scorecard/pencil pocket, there is already one on the bag. It
doesn't have slots for the pencil because of the reasons you just mentioned
(golf pencils being tiny), but there are small, shallowl pockets on the
insides of the large side compartments for scorecards and pencils

I can only give you a 4-6 week window as far as when the packs will be
finished and shipping. They are on the Production Floor right now, but they
are a very labor intensive bag (hence the cost!).

The price range exists only for the Multi-Cam bags. Because Crye Precision
has a patent on the pattern, Multi-Cam is considerably more expensive for us
to get and use. All other colors will be on the least expensive side of the
price range.

So, there you have it. Hope I answered all of your questions and I look
forward to seeing you on the course some day.

Tear it up!

-Levi

Awesome!!! I called yesterday and they said shipments would start this week or next so you must have been first on the list. What's your expected date of delivery? Counting the days until I receive mine...excited! Oh, new to this forum by the way but been playing disc for 10+ years.