• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hardest holes in Wis

#24 at Sandy Point:thmbup: After playing woodland golf all afternoon, coming down to throw over all that open water is challenging. Wish I was there right now.

#10 Hiestand Park 537 feet of right side double bogey potential. Hit the fairway and one still has a tricky downhill approach into a prevailing headwind with a green thats much faster behind the basket than in front. Very good hole.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=645&p=48883c729

I don't think 8 is that difficult. It's wide open, just really long. It's not tough at all as a par six. I think 18 on Granite is tougher for a long hole just because of the climb.

I agree. Gold #8 with a tailwind is a blast, but Granite #18 is a bitch any way you slice it.

#8 at Brown Deer, long tees, hardest hole I've ever played in my life. I'm going to have to agree with those before and say that it actually is a relief when that hole is finished. There are probably a couple other holes at Brown Deer that would be in my top 5.

#24 at Sandy Point:thmbup: After playing woodland golf all afternoon, coming down to throw over all that open water is challenging. Wish I was there right now.

#10 Hiestand Park 537 feet of right side double bogey potential. Hit the fairway and one still has a tricky downhill approach into a prevailing headwind with a green thats much faster behind the basket than in front. Very good hole.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=645&p=48883c729

Finally another Sandy Point #24 believer :hfive:

#10 at hiestand in the long tees to long pin is brutal. What makes it even harder during tournaments is the insane wait it takes to throw this hole.. When I get to this hole, I just want to throw and get it over with instead of thinkingthinkthinkingthinkthinking it over...

Finally another Sandy Point #24 believer :hfive:

#10 at hiestand in the long tees to long pin is brutal. What makes it even harder during tournaments is the insane wait it takes to throw this hole.. When I get to this hole, I just want to throw and get it over with instead of thinkingthinkthinkingthinkthinking it over...

I spotted on #10 for the last Ale Asylum Open. lol The wait is truly insane. There were like 20-25 people waiting on the shorts and longs for like an hour. Fairway gets pretty narrow after standing around for tic tic tic tic.

Lucky to have this hole on a home course.

When we played it in an event before Worlds our Master pro group averaged over 8. In fact, it may have been the first time in a PDGA Sanctioned event in Master Pro where an 8 won the box for teeing on the next hole.

hole 17 grignon

i have a hard time believing anyone can birdie # 17 hole at Grignon Park.

Brown Deer #7 on top the hill, and #9 @ 738feet

Cody, you just need a bigger arm. Lol. I have deuced 7 in the spot on the hill and hit chains for an almost 2 on nine on Sunday. But yeah I think that my averages for both of those are like a 3.8 and a 4.4

#3 at Winter Park - Scotty G's Wooded Monster. It's a tough alley through the trees, uphill and back down to a blind landing spot that curves to the left. Don't do too far left because you have to throw 100-150' back uphill, through a gap, to a green on a slope and scattered with trees (rollaways are VERY common). A 3 is good!

Blue Tee
bb7caf0b.jpg

Red tee (at the top of the first uphill crest from the blue tee, the arrow points to the short winter pin)
a24847b7.jpg

View from the landing zone (alternate pin is actually the primary spot I'm talking about)
ae0fe08c.jpg

From pin looking back to the red tee on the crest
a647af10.jpg

Hole D (8D) can make you pucker as well, but it has been deuced way more often than #3 (never deuced that I know of).

^ #3 at Winter Park. Throw to landing zone, pitch to green, putt in - par 3. But it averages 4.54 according to all the scores on here.

There are two ways to look at this. Either the hole with the highest overall scoring average which would probably be 8 on Highbridge Gold. Or, the hole with the highest scoring average over a legit value for par. Gold 6 at Highbridge as a par 5 might be one of the top ones. But it's likely there's a bonafide par 3 in Wisconsin with a scoring average close to 4 or more due to a really tight fairway and nastiness off of it or a hole well protected with punitive OB hazards.

While I don't claim to have played more than a handful of courses in Wisonsin, I have played some of the most highly rated. #6 at Highbridge Gold and #18 on the Granite Course have both been mentioned and get my vote. #24 at Sandy Point is just behind those two. I love the last hole at Sandy Point...it may be my favorite finishing hole...ever.

Hole 8 at volrath park in sheboygan gives me trouble!!! The tee is off a cliff and you have to either sidearm or annhyzer(for righties) the disc through a 20 foot gap and weave in and out of trees. ANY shot that doesn't land in the putting area, which is basically a 15' circle, will take a LONG time to find the disc. The hole is short, only about 180', but it is the hardest hole on the course to me.:wall: