• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Paige Pierce peaked?

I'm convinced whatever problems she's undergoing this year are 100% mental. Physically, she throws the disc better than any other woman out there. Her play is all over the place. Masterful on a couple of holes followed by back to back OBs and double bogeys.

Her lack of consistent putting and continuous OB drives have definitely cost her dearly in her tourny finishes this year.

yah...there's something pushing her to be so aggressive on the course. No one but her knows what it is. I didn't like it when Val said it was good for the sport to see Paige Pierce go for it so much. It's good for the sport to go for it when it makes sense, not all the time. Like I said before, Paige is past that youthful age when it's cool to just gun it all the time. Now's the time to build that lasting legacy, get those world championships, be the greatest FPO to ever play the game, and have the stats to prove it. The question is... does Paige Pierce want that?

Dec 2016 @ 956 - May 2018 @ 979. If she would have kept playing at that level imop, she would have been very close to 1000 rated or better in late 2018 or early 2019.

And in 2015 she was as high as 976 before falling off to that low at the end of 2016. I suspect that 980 might be the ceiling for her and 965-970 is where her true talent level lies. And she's going to fluctuate within 15-20 points of that until age related decline kicks in.

When you play as much as she and the other top women do (her average has included roughly 75-80 rounds for a few years now), it takes an incredible run of sustained excellent golf to significantly improve one's rating. To wit, Paige's 2017 and first half of 2018 was a record-breaking run of dominance which added ~20 points to her rating, but it's unrealistic to think she was going to maintain that forever. In fact, she'd have had to have been better than she was during that stretch to get to 1000. That's asking a lot, IMO.

In fact, she'd have had to have been better than she was during that stretch to get to 1000. That's asking a lot, IMO.

If her competitors did not improve I would agree, I could be wrong, but I think if she would have kept winning and her competitors ratings also improved, her rating could still go up without having to win by so much.

R1 is up om Jomez, and i don´t get Paiges tee shot on hole one. .WHY go for that drive and go long OB?

I saw that, and I totally agree. It was almost as if PP forgot they re-did the hole, and she was throwing at the old basket position. Not saying that's what happened, but it just looked that way. Maybe she expected more fade from her disc at the end. In any case: yes, it was a bad miss, not to mention the OB.

I never doubted for a moment that she could pull this one out! This proves that she still has that fire in her belly.:thmbup:

You guys are doing pretty poorly on who has and hasn't peaked, just saying...

You've made your dislike of the 'peaked' thread titles abundantly clear. So why are bothering to read the posts on this thread, much less continuing to post on it?

Strange tournament from Paige. . first round is really bad. . start of R2 and R3 is not that good.

But once they told her that there will been 9 more holes she started to play GOOD. . F9 in R3 and the final holes to finnish R2 is on MPO level.

She played that hole 9 twice yesterday. . she took a 6 the first time, but when she really needed it she took a 3 later that same day.

Maybe not start the first round so slow Paige. . .or does she like "the hunt" ?

Strange tournament from Paige. . first round is really bad. . start of R2 and R3 is not that good.

But once they told her that there will been 9 more holes she started to play GOOD. . F9 in R3 and the final holes to finnish R2 is on MPO level.

She played that hole 9 twice yesterday. . she took a 6 the first time, but when she really needed it she took a 3 later that same day.

Maybe not start the first round so slow Paige. . .or does she like "the hunt" ?

'Bout this time last year, the posts were about how devastating she was. She'd build big leads and cruise to victory. Now, like you said, she's struggling out of the gate.

The competition is getting better, but she's regressing back to it at times. I'm not sure why. I was wondering as I watched R1 of the NHM if she'd practiced very much in the days before it. Last year, she was making much better shots than the competition. Now, they're making the same shots they did last year, but she's not overwhelming them.

But yes, she turned on the switch and came back strong. Maybe that'll be a good jump start for her, and she'll find her groove (not to be confused with the atrocity known as the Groove) for the rest of the year.

You've made your dislike of the 'peaked' thread titles abundantly clear. So why are bothering to read the posts on this thread, much less continuing to post on it?

Because I love when someone posts something abundantly rude, and wrong, and then they are proven wrong.

I'll bet you can't even sniff a 3 on that 850 foot hole, so why are you continuing to post judgemental critical things here as if you are a gift to the disc golf community?

Dec 2016 @ 956 - May 2018 @ 979. If she would have kept playing at that level imop, she would have been very close to 1000 rated or better in late 2018 or early 2019.

She has had roughly a half dozen tournaments of 1000 rated play in her career and never has played over 1000 for even close to a month at a time. That's a long way from being on track.

Because I love when someone posts something abundantly rude, and wrong, and then they are proven wrong.

But most of the 'peaked' thread titles were humorous or sarcastic, and obviously so. So nobody was 'wrong', except you for apparently not understanding that. So keep trolling if you want, but the titles aren't going to change just because you keep whining about them.

But most of the 'peaked' thread titles were humorous or sarcastic, and obviously so. So nobody was 'wrong', except you for apparently not understanding that. So keep trolling if you want, but the titles aren't going to change just because you keep whining about them.

Lol. My philosophy: "Never argue with a troll, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Troll on my friend, troll on

'Bout this time last year, the posts were about how devastating she was. She'd build big leads and cruise to victory. Now, like you said, she's struggling out of the gate.

The competition is getting better, but she's regressing back to it at times. I'm not sure why. I was wondering as I watched R1 of the NHM if she'd practiced very much in the days before it. Last year, she was making much better shots than the competition. Now, they're making the same shots they did last year, but she's not overwhelming them.

But yes, she turned on the switch and came back strong. Maybe that'll be a good jump start for her, and she'll find her groove (not to be confused with the atrocity known as the Groove) for the rest of the year.

I watched the front 9 of NHM, 1st round. PP's putting was really, really bad. She simply looked flustered and couldn't really throw anything properly. Despite that horrid start she was only like 3 or 4 shots down. The other ladies on her card weren't killing it either. That course didn't seem to suit their game well. Everyone was hitting trees and playing a little rough.

I watched the front 9 of NHM, 1st round. PP's putting was really, really bad. She simply looked flustered and couldn't really throw anything properly. Despite that horrid start she was only like 3 or 4 shots down. The other ladies on her card weren't killing it either. That course didn't seem to suit their game well. Everyone was hitting trees and playing a little rough.

PP did up her game towards the end, But Catrina for sure seemed to say.. fk it.. I'll take a bogie over slipping and getting a career ending injury from these sloppy muddy tee pads. And she clearly threw less than stellar shots seemingly on purpose, to avoid injury imop.