• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you heard of "Guts" frisbee?

one of the regular league players here is also on a guts frisbee team. they traveled to Japan 3 years ago for the world championship tourney and finished in 2nd.

Guts is an intersting game from the early days of disc sports. It's not just about throwing at yout opponents as hard as you can, it also has to be a catchable throw. Glad to see it's still around.

We played many guts variations in our ultimate team.

Flubber guts and knife guts were the most funny variations IMO. Knife guts is the same as normal guts, you just have to throw sky high forehands that come down vertical and get most of the speed from the higth they fall out of. Flubber guts is played at just a few feet distance, and you dont throw the disc fast or spinning, but ugly flubbery. Something like here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRU4yGXCRG0

I'd love to try it out, but I doubt I'd be able to find anyone to play it with around here. :\

Sounds like the best aspects of both dodgeball and discin'.

Does look very fun. Do you use an ultimate disc or what?

I actually want to try this this weekend... I can't find any specs on the "official" guts frisbee... will an ultimate work? Or is it too hard/heavy?

have you ever heard of a whamo malibu? go to your local target and buy one, it is a 110g lid and will probably work perfectly until you can get a guts lid

Holy crap you guys are making me feel old.

You can try with a lid (Ultimate disc) but you should really try to find a wicked light disc, like the ultra cheapo Whamo original, or any 100-110g kids disc, assuming it isn't too brittle.

Guts Info and usgpa.com

You can find all the details on Guts at uspga.com

Nez
Lifetime USGPA member
Lifetime USA-Ultimate member
Lifetime PDGA member

Latest posts