• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

I am wondering if anyone else has this issue? When the bag sits in the snow or on wet ground the bottom center part of bag acts like a sponge and it get wet to the middle of the back. It then creates a wet spot on the lower part of my back. Anyone else?

I think that's pretty much every bag - When it's wet out, I keep my Mahal on a stool.

I agree a little but I was playing with 2 guys today with grip bags and they were not as wet on the back as I was. None of my discs or other stuff gets wet just my back

Grips have the nice rails as you know.

If the ground is very moist, stools are the way to go for most bags as holotone said.

Midnight Mahal will be here on Monday the 17th! My truck got broken into two weeks ago and my 8 year old Revo Carolina with Quads was stolen :( It was also midnight blue, I had been looking at getting a new bag but I never would have gotten rid of my Revo, to many memories! Ah well, time to make new ones, can't wait! Customer service has been absolutely amazing at MR.

so glad it is here, now to get it out!

Attachments

• 1959760_10152117021688557_74471202_n.jpg
    1959760_10152117021688557_74471202_n.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 1922472_10152117021128557_1006697504_n.jpg
    1922472_10152117021128557_1006697504_n.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 104
^congrats on the new bag! You'll love it.

I agree a little but I was playing with 2 guys today with grip bags and they were not as wet on the back as I was. None of my discs or other stuff gets wet just my back

I know what you are talking about. The bottom back pad soaks up water pretty easily and stays wet. I consider it a minor inconvenience for how awesome the bag is.

I was concerned about the wetness when I first got my bag (one of the first runs) so I proceeded to spray the bottom of my bag with Flex Seal...three coats. Takes a while to dry between each coat but I've been really happy with the results. Still has a fabric feel and movement but has enough water resistance to keep it dry.

Does the Golf Mahal come with a sherpa. Once you start putting items in there you just wont stop. See you all at the chiropractor.

Does the Golf Mahal come with a sherpa. Once you start putting items in there you just wont stop. See you all at the chiropractor.

I leave the big side pockets on mine compressed down 99% of the time. In fact, the only time I use them is when I'm traveling - There's no need for a suitcase when all your stuff fits in your golf bag. :D

I leave the big side pockets on mine compressed down 99% of the time. In fact, the only time I use them is when I'm traveling - There's no need for a suitcase when all your stuff fits in your golf bag. :D

Same here. I bought the mahal because of those side pockets. I have the option of carrying 17-20 which is about what I normally carry.. Or I can carry 30-40 if I want to go to the field or haul around some extra putters. Or if I'm golfing in the morning or near dark and the temperature changes rapidly, I have room to put/store extra clothes if needed. Right now in my side pockets I have a little bit of snacks, a towel, an extra mini, and my retired bag-tags.

Double Post.

Had my new cart for about a month now, and absolutely love it. Bought a used Jogging Stroller from a friend, took the seat out and put some straps across where the seat was to keep it up. A little disappointed that I can't rig it to use the side pockets also, but when I need more discs I just put my Innova Starter underneath the handlebars like shown. The front wheel spins, so it's very easy to push in any direction I want. Right infront of the handlebar is a 'parent tray' that has two cup holders and a small little storage area that's great for cell-phone, snacks, cigarettes, or a score-card.

IMG_5364.jpg~320x480

IMG_6616.jpg.html

IMG_1521.jpg.html

Too funny. No chiropractor needed if the bag is well designed....and my Mahal is very well designed. I loaded it up and once it was on my back it felt pretty light. That's the advantage of buying a bag made by a well-known backpack maker.

Plus, I'm not walking around looking like a clone with the same bag everyone else is wearing.

My Mahal was a gift from my wife, but only because I told her exactly what to get. Great bag, very few complaints...here go the pros/cons

Pro- fits a fleece jacket or bottled sixer in the side pocket. Being from the pacific nw, this was a big factor for me. Also can fit 40 discs if needed, but I keep the side pockets zipped if I don't need them for anything but a towel. I usually carry 18 or so around, and they fit easily into the main compartment/putter pocket. Straps are crazy comfortable, but each strap is about 9 inches longer than needed...Com- lots of leftover dangly straps. Best bag I've ever had, hands down. I feel bad for my Grip/DD friends

Last edited:
Small flavor please...If anyone gets a chance and has the newest run Mahal, could you measure the main compartment bottom (side to side in front and back of main compartment). My dad has one on the way and I want to build a frame like in my first run for when he receives it. Mine was 7 1/2 in back and 7 1/4 in front (it was smaller towards the putter pocket for whatever reason). I just wasn't sure if the dimensions had changed.

Thanks in advance

Small flavor please...If anyone gets a chance and has the newest run Mahal, could you measure the main compartment bottom (side to side in front and back of main compartment). My dad has one on the way and I want to build a frame like in my first run for when he receives it. Mine was 7 1/2 in back and 7 1/4 in front (it was smaller towards the putter pocket for whatever reason). I just wasn't sure if the dimensions had changed.

Thanks in advance

Mine is the same way, smaller in the front than in the back. It's the newer run with the cellphone/pencil pocket inside and a removable waist strap.

Selling my 2011 Mahal and just ordered a new black one. Bag was a solid 8/10 and sold for $190, fair offer/deal for both parties I think.

Latest posts