• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help, I have an awful natural hyzer!

Don't underestimate the power of the grip. When I first started, I would hold the disc so the rim passed between between my index finger and my thumb. After reading this thread https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/resources/articles/gripittoripit.shtml It clear that the rim should sit between your index and middle knuckles. This tip really helped me keep my nose down and release the disc more parallel to the ground.

Don't let the depth of the article deter you as it can be very detailed, but pay attention to the first part and "The seam of the hand"

Good luck and welcome!

^This is how grip and it has improved my distance and accuracy. No Nose problems for me anymore. My distance went up a good 50-75 feet and right where I "point and shoot." If you swing away from your body this grip will exagerate how far you are off target.

Buy a buzzz and start just throwing with that to get your form down or putters drivers will come.. or a leopard very good beginners discs. It will take time before you can throw something fast.

:thmbup: Throw putters & mids until your technique & arm speed improve. Then & only then move up to something like a Leopard, Teebird or your Xpress.

keep your back straighter. That was one thing that I noticed that when I started, I had a tendency to lean forward to try to get more power.

keep your back straighter. That was one thing that I noticed that when I started, I had a tendency to lean forward to try to get more power.

For beginners I do think this is a good idea. However, maybe not so much for advanced players. If you watch the recent Will Schusterick driving tips video, he talks about sort of leaning over the disc when you pull it through.

Latest posts