• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Help me pick a new Putter

WestTNDiscGolf

Bogey Member
Okay so this isn't literally a buy thread, just wanna try some new putters. I currently swap between wiz and aviars (kc and pna). Love my discs but I'd like to try out some new/diff plastic. Innova disappoints me with the new blends of dx and kc and i dont like XT. Love my wiz plastic but its hard to find the same feel everytime. Any thoughts?

I like a more firm putter but i like it to have grip. Right now my favorite plastic is the $$$ wizards. stiff but grippy

Yeti

I went from Wizard to Yeti. The Yeti has a lower profile than the KC Pro. I think it's pretty comparable to the Wizard in that sense. I also believe that the Yeti has the perfect blend of plastic, grippy like a JK but stiff like a KC (actually not as stiff, but plenty stiff). Both factors, grip and shallower profile, made it an easy transition. Plus, the Yeti is plenty stable. Oh, and the colors, man! All of the COLORS!!!

Pro D Challenger, right in the middle of a PnA Aviar and a Wizard. You can find softer/firmer Pro D plastics if you can feel a few. I like the blue ones, or anything swirly.

You don't need a new putter, since you already love Wizards and their plastic. Contact Gateway. They'll be able to hook you up with a stack of Wizards, just how you want them.

Pro D Challenger, right in the middle of a PnA Aviar and a Wizard. You can find softer/firmer Pro D plastics if you can feel a few. I like the blue ones, or anything swirly.

Agreed! I also have some nice white and orange ones. Most others I have are nice too. They also vary in dome from almost puddle top to higher shouldered domey.

If you are looking for a wizard with a certain feel and flex. Shoot me a message and we can get you squared away. We are very good a matching what you are looking for.

I just went to the Gateway shop when I had that problem. Then I described my putters to them, and they led me straight to the right stack. You should have no problem getting what you want if you call them.

Last edited:
Wizards are great and all, but for bead try a classic blend judge, headless classic blend warden. I think DD have the best putter hands down. I keep trying to see if there is something I like better than the wardens. Never is