• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HELP! Questions on Oak Grove in Pasadena CA

huskerfan74

Ok I am new to the area and have played this course a few times as it is one of the closest to me. My question is there are more holes than this site shows and i am wondering what holes are included on here and what ones are not. I would like to be able to track my scores for my person use through the scorebook but i cannot figure out for sure what holes are what. I am pretty sure about the first 9 even though the pictures on the review seem to be off on that part and since they move the holes the distances inputed into here are not right (but that means nothing really to me) can someone help me on how i should record my scores on the score card. thanks for any help you can give..

P.S. I love this course too

Most of the pics on this site come from an old OG site that was the standard layout after the course was redesigned - this was in the early to mid-90s, I think - before I started playing. Right now you've got nine holes to the south of the access road and 10 holes to the north, including one that plays out into the wash and the one that follows that plays back across the canyon.

There used to be two other holes that circled around the back of the restroom building on the back 9 but the last time I played OG (a month or so ago) they were no longer there.

The tournament layout used for the Wintertime Open includes a bunch of temporary holes set up in the wash area - I don't know if those holes are standard or if they're just temporary baskets with no sleeves in the ground.

Danger... would you please come to the podium... Danger... to the podium please.

Last I played (several months ago) there were 3 holes that looped off of 5 and back to 6. They weren't huge holes but I enjoyed them.

Here is what DGCR seems to think:

It says 19 holes, but no info is provided for hole 19. The holes that it skips (based on pictures) are the one after 12, and 13. So as far as the scorecard feature goes, just skip the long open drive and the lake shot and you will have all the correct holes for comparing.

As far as the numbers go on the hole info, I don't know where the error was, but I'm assuming all of the distances are off by one hole as the info listed for 16 17 and 18 seem to be what 17 18 and 19 are at the course. I'm not really sure because there are no tee signs and I don't really have the eye to measure length that exactly :)

In other words, its a big jumble**** and I guess its time to update OG's page on this site :D

Last edited:
yeah i think it is time to update at least the hole info for it. however the reviews are on and were very helpful as well as the locals for getting through it the first time. i like this course a lot and plan to play it a lot since it is my closest so i was just hoping to figure the site out with it but it sounds as if it's outdated a bit but thats ok..(i'll just post overall scores and forget about indv. hole info..lol hey since i don't know the number it's the hole 3 rd to last that shoots by the bathrooms.. when it's clear out past what par is it..3 still? so at 19 holes is it a 57 par? thanks a lot for the info. :)

See the weird part is that the course is actually 20 holes. Well actually its 22 holes. If you look at the scorecard on their website, it lists A B C & D holes as bonus holes. I think I'll go ahead and do what I can with the info here at DGCR as much as I can, however I can't guarantee I will have the hole lengths correct, which doesn't really matter anyway because they change constantly. A & B currently don't exist due to water levels but C & D are still there. Playing those as bonus holes, the course is 18 holes. LOL.
Regarding the bathroom shot, the whole course is usually regarded as par 3. I have played that ridiculous hole and yeah, its long but as far as I know it is par 3.

Here is their map, I'll try to get it on this site: http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...2Nnb2xmY2x1YnxneDo3ZjMyNmRhNjE1YTFjYmQ5&pli=1

^Quick update, I have added the new map/scorecard to the info, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to adjust the hole info to include ABC&D between 5 / 6 and 12 / 13, and finally to lower it to a total of 18, which would actually involve adding 3 holes :)

^Aaaaand I adjusted the scorecard. Let me know if its right or way off LOL.

The problem is that the locals change it up all the time based on the season... so it's practically impossible to create an accurate scorecard and permanent map.

In winter, when the wash is flooded, they make a few holes behind the bathroom area near "#17's Tee"... where you would play 16 (the shot shooting toward the restroom)... and then walk down to the right and play two holes around the bathroom and then over to 17.

However, that changes to the three extra holes in the wash (after hole 5) when the ground allows for it. Sometimes this area floods... and that's when they change the baskets.

DSCJNKY

^They had those additional holes set up for the Wintertime open, but they have been taken down. For the last month or so, the only additional holes have been "C" and "D" with the two after hole 5 being M.I.A.

hey thanks guys I appreciate this a lot since i will be playing this course often it is kinda nice to have an idea of what is really going on..lol Danger that map really helped me out a ton thanks so much i have been playing the c & d as holes so now i know better on the score card..

Danger. Great job with the map! However, Holes C & D are more permanent than their C & D labeling would indicate. Those holes have been in permanently for at least 8 years (unless something's changed since I've been gone... but, I doubt it.) Therefore, I would number those as regular 13 and 14 and just have a 20 hole map.

Also... Sometimes there are two holes that run behind the bathroom after "16". I would label those C & D. They usually install those when the wash floods and A & B are out.

Nice map though.
DSCJNKY

jnky, I didn't make the map, it's the most recent version provided at OG's website. It has been updated in the last few months to indicate those two holes as C and D, where the most previous version had C unmarked and D as 13, with the course ending at 19.

I personally like the way they have it ending at 18, because at least the way we play, we just don't count C and D to our score. This allows us to skip a hole or two and still play 18 (easiest way to pass large groups). To each their own, though.

See the weird part is that the course is actually 20 holes. Well actually its 22 holes. If you look at the scorecard on their website, it lists A B C & D holes as bonus holes. I think I'll go ahead and do what I can with the info here at DGCR as much as I can, however I can't guarantee I will have the hole lengths correct, which doesn't really matter anyway because they change constantly. A & B currently don't exist due to water levels but C & D are still there. Playing those as bonus holes, the course is 18 holes. LOL.
Regarding the bathroom shot, the whole course is usually regarded as par 3. I have played that ridiculous hole and yeah, its long but as far as I know it is par 3.

Here is their map, I'll try to get it on this site: http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...2Nnb2xmY2x1YnxneDo3ZjMyNmRhNjE1YTFjYmQ5&pli=1
Oh yeah. Only 2 holes off 5. It's all coming together now.

I am sure a ton...I watched the amateurs during the wintertime open at that hole for about a half an hour and saw 8 discs go in it then. I also know that people go out there, gather the discs, and sell them for $5. Haven't seen that lately, though.

I played in the Wintertime Open for the Ams and I saw about a dozen go in just from the groups I was playing with. I felt really bad for the guy who lost not one... not two... but three discs at that hole during one of the rounds.