• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection

No Bear yet with no baskets and no grooming.
HBH Open: Everyone plays Woodland Greens, Granite and either HB Gold (MPO, MP40) or HB White (Other divisions)
Don't know about camping reservations

Has anything been posted regarding check in time, tee times, course schedule, etc. for this event? You know, the basics. Discgolfunited has basically zero information other than the extensive refund policy.

And I'm interested in why any TD would use DGU over DGS at this point. It's baffling.

And I'm interested in why any TD would use DGU over DGS at this point. It's baffling.

Only reason I would use DGU over DGS is their differing payment systems to the TD.

DGS funnels all payments through PayPal. If you accept over $10,000 in PayPal in a calendar year, they'll lock your account until you cough up your social security #, then if you accept over $20,000 in a calendar year they notify the IRS.

DGU on the other hand just pays the TD directly and doesn't notify the IRS.

Now, take this info with a grain of salt, as I can't be 100% sure of its veracity. Obviously of the two systems, DGS is way better than DGU for ease of use and greater tournament publicity.

Only reason I would use DGU over DGS is their differing payment systems to the TD.

DGS funnels all payments through PayPal. If you accept over $10,000 in PayPal in a calendar year, they'll lock your account until you cough up your social security #, then if you accept over $20,000 in a calendar year they notify the IRS.

DGU on the other hand just pays the TD directly and doesn't notify the IRS.

Now, take this info with a grain of salt, as I can't be 100% sure of its veracity. Obviously of the two systems, DGS is way better than DGU for ease of use and greater tournament publicity.

I got a fed id# and have a separate PayPal and separate checking for all tourney biz for our club. Nothing tied to my personal checking or PayPal accounts. Also, just filled out a 1023ez for 501c3 status. We'll hear something from the feds in about a month.

Oh and by the way a good tactic for dealing with being locked out of your PayPal account is to constantly transfer money directly to your linked bank account. I go to great pains to make sure that PayPal balance stays at zero or very close to it so that if the club PayPal does ever get locked I at least still have access to the majority of the club money. In the week or two prior to a tourney when the registrations are rolling in I sometimes do at least one or two transfers a day.

-Dave

Thanks to everyone who attended the Highbridge Hills Open this weekend. It was very gratifying to see so many people having fun enjoying the courses that we worked so hard on. Special thanks go out to Brian Lagergren for running a great event and Chuck Kennedy for his magnificent design, great advice and continuing support of Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Megaplex.<3

Thanks to everyone who attended the Highbridge Hills Open this weekend. It was very gratifying to see so many people having fun enjoying the courses that we worked so hard on. Special thanks go out to Brian Lagergren for running a great event and Chuck Kennedy for his magnificent design, great advice and continuing support of Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Megaplex.<3

Fantastic stuff. Congrats to you guys out there doing the work!

So if I've got a group of 5-6 folks and we're planning on camping sept 7 and 8, do we need a reservation? Just show up like in years past and grab a site at chestnut?

It's been a while but we used to go every year.

Just got an update from MM via text, can't wait to make another pilgrimage back to HH! Thanks to Tom and all involved with resurrecting highbridge, it holds a special place in my disc crew's heart.

So if I've got a group of 5-6 folks and we're planning on camping sept 7 and 8, do we need a reservation? Just show up like in years past and grab a site at chestnut?

It's been a while but we used to go every year.

Text Tom at 715-579-4487 for a campsite, $20 a night for up to 6 people. 25 sites w/fire rings at each site. New toilets, hot showers.

Who won Open? ...seems odd that scores are still not up.

99% sure Andrew Brown from Madison won. sketchy cell service on the hill, it comes & goes.

Rob & Brandon are kicking butt up there with the mowing, courses were spectacular. Bear will be too very shortly, they are on a mission to get it mowed.

Blueberry wasn't used in the tourney (Woodlands was instead) -- too bad, Blueberry is awesome!

99% sure Andrew Brown from Madison won. sketchy cell service on the hill, it comes & goes.

Rob & Brandon are kicking butt up there with the mowing, courses were spectacular. Bear will be too very shortly, they are on a mission to get it mowed.

Blueberry wasn't used in the tourney (Woodlands was instead) -- too bad, Blueberry is awesome!

Not only was everything mowed, everything was GOLF COURSE QUALITY mowed; I'm talking most fairways were short enough for lots of skips; it was impeccable.

It doesn't even look like the same place anymore - that "rough edge" is completely gone, and I would suspect this place being capable of an A Tier or National Tour event, if all stays as is, or continues improving.

And even though Blueberry wasn't used, it was in just as great of a shape as all the other courses.

The SSA for a 1000 rated round on that Highbridge Gold layout came out to 64 which coincidentally is the same as the 64 SSA produced at Lake Eureka during the Final round of the Pro World Championship. Highbridge Gold got to 64 without the 6 OB penalties per player that padded the Eureka SSA (per UDisc stats).

Scores went up sometime last night.

I played BB on Monday morning and it was amazing. I like the the new flow with a few holes that got changed up. I will miss old hole 8 though.

The SSA for a 1000 rated round on that Highbridge Gold layout came out to 64 which coincidentally is the same as the 64 SSA produced at Lake Eureka during the Final round of the Pro World Championship. Highbridge Gold got to 64 without the 6 OB penalties per player that padded the Eureka SSA (per UDisc stats).

Don't remember ever hearing "padded" and "OB" in the same sentence. :\

Latest posts