• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 12/13/12: Todd Park in Austin, MN

It must have been the old layout (prior to the tornado), which I am not familiar with. The current layout is how I've always known it (there could be holes that have been removed, I last played a month or so ago and all holes were in and playable). None of the current holes play that long, 24 is the longest at around 500'.

Either way, it's still a great course. Probably in my top 5 favorites...not that the total list is super extensive. I know everybody loves BRP .. but I think Austin would give it a run for it's money if it were closer.

Champ glow firebird off the tee. Thrown with hyzer and as high as I can get it through that gap. Maybe that will get me within forty feet to run at the basket with my Wizard. Still probably end up with a three.

Long is a putter to get out then a buzzz to get up and down
Short is a buzzz, or maybe a pred depending on the wind.

This is one of my big design pet peeves. I hate holes that have a hard turn shortly after the tee with the majority of the fairway past the turn. It's too narrow of a gap to get any sort of huge hyzer anywhere near the basket and the tall grass takes away any roller opportunities. The best thing you can do is play it safe and easy and get a three...or play it aggressive and try to get something down near the basket, but still end up with a three...

I agree with you 100% I hate holes that are designed like that too.

Yeah, this hole presents a bit of a challenge with the early dog. I just played this about a week ago and what worked for me was a RHBH champ boss on a high hyzer, landing about 5' off of the cut grass into the long stuff. Gave me a 40' jumper with the wizard but of course i missed it.

They used to mow all of the grass when it was originally installed, but they stopped after gas prices went up. I agree, it isn't the greatest hole because it usually only produces easy 3s as long as you get through the gap.

Old 17 & 18 were taken out on the redesign after the tornado because we decided there were too many wide open holes. But now we don't have a long, wide open par 4 hole.

Champion Destroyer from the long tee and probably a Champion Boss from the short tee.

Todd Park was one of my favorite courses when I lived in Rochester. I have not seen it since the tornado redesign. It looks like mostly the same layout until after Hole 19 (tho 24 & 25 look the same).

Real fun course, got to play it this summer. The long tee is no picnic for a LHBH. I'd go with my blizzard Katana and hope to get it close enough for an easy 3. From the short, I'd use an Opto River.

Straight on the left I can see it's kind of dense. Is there a clearing at all to maybe try a tomahawk right off the tee? (Long)

I've seen a good number of people try to thumber over/through the trees straight to the basket from the long tee and only 1 person got out into the open. It was all luck though.

With a strong right to left wind, a person can get close going up the gap. Without any wind, there are a lot of 40+ putts. With a left to right wind, just get out and lay up for the 3.

Discette, the tornado wiped out literally every tree except for one on old 22-25 and random trees throughout the rest of the course. Current 20-27 with the exception of 25 are all new holes. Current 23-25 are all wide open right now with a bunch of small, new trees randomly throughout the course/park that will eventually make these holes much tougher. The overall length is still about the same, but the new holes from the long tees are all long par 3s with few deuce opportunities even with a big arm.

Just played here today. 5 of us, we all got out the gap, saw a huge high rhfh anny that had a line that nearly parked it (caught a branch and fell short), I actually threw a flippy pro Destroyer on a hyzer, tried to sneak it through high and it caught a branch, fell nicely about 100' short. Nothing amazing today. I did get a 4 on hole 10 though, that was about the highlight of my round.