• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole of the day 5/17/2010

RHINESEL

Double Eagle Member
Denison Park in Corning, NY

Hole 8, Par 3. Short: 278 ft, Long: 324 ft

Map shows a slight turn to the left at the end. I can't tell where the basket is in the pic though. Hopefully someone with experience will point it out. Maybe nestled in the dark green trees just over the rise?

Tee (unknown which):
ce26e891.jpg

Course map:
33796b3d.jpg

For now I think I'm RHBH'ing an ESP Buzzz.

what a disgusting hole... crossing fairways with 7... paved lot (skate park?) to chew up errant drives.... that cable strung in front of the teepad.... Eckerds don't even exist anymore! lol. (they were purchased by and converted to RiteAids).

I'm gonna toss a DX teebird LHBH on an anny line. If i hit the parking lot, at least my DX teebird will be a bit more broken in for next time. *shrugs*

I don't want the disc to turn over into the concrete skate park looking area, and I don't want to destroy my disc on that steel cable. Hmmm. Something very straight that goes 280-320'. I know people who would throw a Roc at this all day. I'm thinking maybe a Roc from the short tee, maybe a Teebird or a nice, smooth Valkyrie from the long? From the long, this could be a good hole for the Orc lovers.

Check this out, zoomed in...looks like the basket is past the paved area, meaning you have to carry it.

picture.php

So the question becomes if anything down there is OB...I'd stick with my earlier shots, but may try to come up on the short side of the basket, where the landing area is a bit bigger.

It's hard to call without actually seeing the basket...but I'll say:
RHBH
Short - FLX or Z Buzzz
Long - Wraith if it's straight or slight hyzer to basket, Stalker or XL if basket's off to right behind skate park

Star Roc for the short hole, Champ teebird for the long. I would put a little bit of hyzer on both hoping to just float it in.

finally one I have played!
Hole 8 is one of the better holes (both tees)
13-15 were garbage.

Last edited:
That hole is kind of messed up. With that skate area so close to the basket. I think I would throw my Voodoo to about 260 to play it safe then try to sink a long putt.

Man that little hill on the left would totally screw with my forehand drive...I'd try to run a surge ss straight in there but have a feeling I'd catch that hill once or twice.
If I'm throwing RHBH, I'd have to throw the Monarch or the Valk....but if all that crap on the right is OB, I might just lay up with a buzzz and take an easy 3...

On my first throw I'd bomb it with a nuke nose up and a little too high so it would stall and fade over the little hill on the left leaving me about a 160' upshot. On my second shot I'd take my Surge SS and run right at the chains but it would turn over and slide under than big ramp on the right. Then I'd take my Z Buzz and put it right over the top of the basket and about 25' into the neck high weeds which would force me to turbo putt. My turbo putt would hit that tree in the middle leaving me with a 17' high pressure putt which I would come up just short.

I'd probably go with a Roc on both, and play the safe shot on the near side of the concrete - assuming it's O.B.

Latest posts