• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole that has claimed the most disc from you

Vienna Park - Hole 3. My home course, been through enough rainy seasons to have dealt with that creek more than any other water hazard anywhere.

Hole 18 at West City Park was the only place a lost a disc so far, The basket is to the right of that small lake, but there was a car parked in the grass to the left of the pavilion in the right of the photo, halfway in the grass/rocks and there were people sitting on a blanket between the lake and the pavilion there, which was in the fairway between the tee and the basket, I didn't want to hit them or the car so I tried going to the left a little over the lake with an ape. I drew a picture of my scenario for you...
924b95d5.jpg

630e9e8f_zpseabea6d6.jpg

I did wait till I got close to them before I tried throwing around them and I let them know I was throwing, I just wanted to throw around them anyway I was kind of frustrated they were sitting in the fairway.

Last edited:
You don't play Trojan?

I haven't yet, but I plan to before Worlds this year so I'll have played all the courses. It is daunting, what with both length and lots of water. Maybe I should start saving up some beater DXs to sacrifice...:\

Last edited:
15 at Winter Park. I personally only lost a few. More so other golfers who turn over a drive and send it on a long and peaceful descent into the hatchery pond. Don't go in there either. DNR won't look the other way if they see you.

Close call for me. Have lost 67 discs since I started keeping track on DGCR. Lost 12 on hole 9 and 11 on hole 10 at Oak Meadow. That does not count the water shots where I actually got my disc returned.

Hole #7 at Herman C. Michael Park. The pond is to the left of the tee and if you hit on of the trees, your disc will go swimming.
On the other hand, I've aced it 4 times...:/

07d8501d.jpg

Hole 3 at Madison Meadows in Lombard, IL. I lost 3 champ Orcs in the pond in one summer a few years ago. After the 3rd one, I quit throwing Orcs. I actually just turned over a star Valk into the pond last week.

07d8501d.jpg

Hole 3 at Madison Meadows in Lombard, IL. I lost 3 champ Orcs in the pond in one summer a few years ago. After the 3rd one, I quit throwing Orcs. I actually just turned over a star Valk into the pond last week.

An now one of those weeping willows is half gone and won't knock down as many shots either.

An now one of those weeping willows is half gone and won't knock down as many shots either.

At this point, for me at least, its way more mental than anything else. When I was first losing discs on that hole, I was RHFH dominant so my discs were hyzering toward the pond. Now, I'm at least 90% RHBH, but that hole still has my number.

shakopee mn. its like 200 ft over an edge of the pond. lost two wasps in there. stupid wind.

I agree with you on #7 at Lion's Park in Shakopee. I have lost one disc with my kids losing a few. While the pond is shallow, you look foolish wading into the duck poop and glass bottle filled pond to retrieve your kid's favorite disc......which I have had to do to stop my son from crying.

MN land of 10,000 lakes and 1,000,000 disc eating ponds.

#6 at the Ponds of Linwood - really short but the branches of the tree will knock your disc back into the pond. I hate that hole. Ate two good putters.

#2 at Baylor - island hole of medium length (~280 ft). Really fun in a cross wind - which is nearly all the time. Ate a well seasoned DX Valkyrie

There is a few baskets at Prior Lake HS that I have used from time to time to practice putting and midranges while my son's at soccer practice. One basket is right next to the road and a storm sewer drain. If you miss the basket and your disc rolls into the road..... there is a chance it'll wind up in the sewer. I have learned to bring a long pole with suction cup I use to change light bulbs with that also can retrieve a disc from sewer........ You would think I would learn not to miss on that side.......

#2 at Baylor - island hole of medium length (~280 ft). Really fun in a cross wind - which is nearly all the time. Ate a well seasoned DX Valkyrie

:thmbup: Was just out here on Friday and played crown as well as Lions park but this hole for sure stands out as a disc eater. If the winds were not ever a issue its really whatever but the trees are placed in that to kick your disc off and the tee sits just right where you can turn something being reckless. Really fun course for the most part but always seems soggy there!

Hole 6 at Carver Park in Keene, TX. It's a course I play a lot, I've got at least 3 in there according to my disc organizer, probably have more than that in there that I didn't bother recording. It's a small creek, but there's one deep spot that always has murky nasty water and it's almost always waist deep. There's a lot of plastic in there.
9129ff51.jpg

I also have lost a lot of discs on whats currently #12 at Buffalo Creek Ranch, a private course in Cleburne, TX. A throw over a creek, and when the water's up it can be tough to get in there.
picture.php

For a 200+ft hole, no2 at AJ jolly claims them with the best of them. I saw at least 6 or 7 go in there today at a tournament, and that's just what I was there to see. Personally, over the years, I have lost 3 or 4 on the hole myself.

For a 200+ft hole, no2 at AJ jolly claims them with the best of them. I saw at least 6 or 7 go in there today at a tournament, and that's just what I was there to see. Personally, over the years, I have lost 3 or 4 on the hole myself.

2, 3, and 4 are terrible. I AJ in general is the course that's eaten the majority of my lost discs.

I think I've been lucky(or scared lol) but I haven't lost any discs at AJ except on hole2. Of course now that I say that I better not go back there b4 they put in the new course lol.

I lost my first Buzzz and two 11X TeeBirds out there in 2010. All but one of those were on 3 & 4. If you want a good laugh, ask Behymer about the floating TeeBird I lost out there.

Sadly, Hole 9 at Sundance Trail Ranch in Red Feather, CO. I say sadly because I can't imagine losing a disc is commonplace on this hole. You throw over a grove of underbrush into an open field. The brush is literally the only obstacle and its right off the tee pad. But the brush is thick and often has standing water, making it darn near impossible to find a disc if you don't elevate your shot. There are also trees on the left hand side that will knock you into the brush if you throw a lefty hyzer. I've lost two discs in that mess. Both times it was my first tee shot. And I've only played the course twice. This hole messes with me, guys, for real.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 28
Not enough danger holes around here, so most of the disc eater holes I encounter are while traveling.

After thinking about it for some time, Winthrop Gold hole #5 is my biggest disc eater. I have left behind 5 or 6 discs in that lake.