• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

Made this a couple years ago. I breaks down into 4 parts and fits inside the trunk of a car.

You look just like a guy I used to play in a band with! Of course, he'd probably be old and crusty now... not young like he was when we jammed together.

Oh, and by the way, nice job on the basket.

Custom Basket Photos

Cut off one of my baskets and got creative (notice the beer) what ya think post pix of your custom goals! :thmbup: :popcorn:
148064_g.jpg

Chandelier Basket!

Last edited:
I guess you're the first. :|

I kid. I kid.

Threads merged.

Last edited:
i think it would be cooler if the bottom was hollow. then you dont need the little step stool.

Zenbot. why you always messing with threads.

Here is a shot of my new basket I'm building. It's my second one I've made out of skis, different design this time. Just needs the rest of the chains.
2012-03-16114842.jpg

as an ex-ski bum (just a few years ago), that is so sick.

SSPX0181.jpg

SSPX0184.jpg

So I got to searching around the interwebs and got myself all inspired to build a basket. A day later this is what I have going. As you can tell I'm almost done - I just need to figure out the bottom basket. I have a bike wheel as the base but I'm unsure of how I want to go about building the walls so the are stable and durable and don't throw off the aesthetics -- Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, there are wheels on one side of the base which make it less cumbersome to move while assembled...

Last edited:
Bout a month ago, on request, I made a bullseye style chain head for my basket. It slips on same as my others, so changing it out takes a couple of seconds. Took it to a local tournament and it seemed to be a hit. :D I like it. I need to get back out using it after the way I putted at the mini yesterday. :(

Attachments

• Phone pics 128-2.jpg
    Phone pics 128-2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 187
My 1st attempt

d39g6

6tdkn

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/d39g6
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/6tdkn I am having a hard time uploading these onto here, but here are the links to the images.

Here is my 1st attempt at a homemade basket after looking through all the inspiration on here. I have 12 outer chains and 8 inner chains on this bad boy and it seems to be catching pretty nice. It's not too portable but after I get it into place with the 4-wheeler, it can stay for years! This is the 1st of a few of this type of basket I am placing out on my land. I'm looking to set up a nice private course for my friends and I. I have to finish getting more tree saplings to complete the weave of the basket but it was raining today and I didn't feel like getting wet. I threw some drivers at this as hard as I could from pretty close range and it took them like a champ so it should be durable. The rim of this basket was made by taking a fresh pine sapling about 2 inches in diameter and screwing it into the wooden basket supports. I had a few putts skip off the rim just like the baskets at my local course.

I would love some opinions on this. If you have any questions let me know and I'll tell you how I built this. Also my garage floor isn't flat so the basket doesn't look completely level.

picture.php

i made this in highschool as my seinor project, we call it the black mamba.

picture.php

another view of the black mamba

picture.php

I call this one my "Woody", i made it out of scraps and only spent $15 on the chains, so it was a $15 basket

I feel so lucky.

I have to thank my brother in law for this one - best xmas gift. ever.
The cost to make was next to nothing. His wife made us a number sign that attaches on the top.

IMG_8225.jpg

Extremely mobile!

IMG_8238.jpg

thats awesome, is that a functional hitch or just acts as a post?

I hope this answers your question :)

IMG_8224-Copy.jpg

I keep telling him that he should make more and sell them: I don't know how much anyone would pay for a basket like this, but the way I look at it is that it's better/more sturdy than a lot of the baskets I see on permanent courses!

-
-
-

View attachment 24152

View attachment 24153

So I got to searching around the interwebs and got myself all inspired to build a basket. A day later this is what I have going. As you can tell I'm almost done - I just need to figure out the bottom basket. I have a bike wheel as the base but I'm unsure of how I want to go about building the walls so the are stable and durable and don't throw off the aesthetics -- Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, there are wheels on one side of the base which make it less cumbersome to move while assembled...

Get another identical bike wheel, then cut the center out. Bend the spokes down and wrap them around the bottom wheel, effectively using them as the wall of the basket. You may need to solder the ends together. Not sure how sturdy it would be but the aesthetic would remain the same and you could always reinforce the cage with something else. Plus, having a rubber rim will be nicer to your discs!

I keep telling him that he should make more and sell them: I don't know how much anyone would pay for a basket like this, but the way I look at it is that it's better/more sturdy than a lot of the baskets I see on permanent courses!
-
i would pay you $300 with a smile.

IMG_8224-Copy.jpg

-
-
-

It would pay for itself by carrying itself, easily worth the investment:thmbup:

Here is a shot of my new basket I'm building. It's my second one I've made out of skis, different design this time. Just needs the rest of the chains.
2012-03-16114842.jpg

have you ever commissioned one of these for anyone? i would think you could easily find a few buyers around the forums

have you ever commissioned one of these for anyone? i would think you could easily find a few buyers around the forums

Not yet, although one member pmed me about making him one. Bur we decieded that for now it would just cost to much to build and ship. The one in the photo is going to be a gift for a friend.

I want to come up with a standard design, so I could build them faster. But thats hard due to the variation in ski shapes. Now if I could get 200 pair of the same ski, I might have something.

I definitely need to make one out of snowboards too.

Latest posts