• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

Here's one that we did and then made several. We now have a 18 basket course set up that is a very decent set up.
100_0923.JPG

what is it made of?

Latest attempt

Its made of wood and flower bed edging.
The bottom could be taller but other than that its great.

Attachments

• IMG_1417.jpg
    IMG_1417.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 235
well it's a mini basket I made for playing indoors with minis during these great michigan winters. It was real cheap to make and it even has 2 layers of chains. If you look close you can see the outer lyer and the metal screw heads cloer to center showing where inner chains are. It catches GREAT.
minibasket.jpg

Last edited:
That is a great mini basket discgolferlee, well done!

I know the sound is very gratifying. If used for a practice basket in the backyard it can be upsetting to neighbors during those late night practice sessions. :eek:

I have heard of people taping a towel in the middle of the pole so the chains are MUCH quieter. My buddy did it and it worked surprisingly well.

could you imagine hitting a 100' putt with a knex wheel?

You'd have to make an addition to the rule-book for shattering the target.

Just buy one! What a waste of time!

Bah...It's not always about saving money. These look like fun to build especially when it is crappy weather for discing.

-Dave

well it's a mini basket I made for playing indoors with minis during these great michigan winters. It was real cheap to make and it even has 2 layers of chains. If you look close you can see the outer lyer and the metal screw heads cloer to center showing where inner chains are. It catches GREAT.
minibasket.jpg

Could you take more pics of the basket from top to bottom, and give a parts list? I really want to try to build one of these.

Frankenchains

forgot to add my creation to this thread when I first posted photos of it. So here's Frankenchains one more time.
basketfullofwin.jpg

Here is the one I made.

Peabodyshomadepolehole.jpg
[/IMG]

I made three of these but it took two peices of 3/4 plywood. You can make two though with one peice. I have had them for three years now and as long as they are kept painted they do just fine.
The most expensive parts were the chains. Right at 50 bucks apeice for the chain.
I had/found for free/ the poles so all I had to buy was the Plywood/chains/angle irons/dowell rods/wireties and concrete mix for the holes. I would say I have less than 80 bucks apeice in the three.
They work really well and are really sturdy.

what did you use for the center, the piece that holds the chains together

I started out with just wireties but went to DGA and ordered the 8 and 4 inch rings. Less than 8 bucks for the two rings and I put them on all three of my targets.
I have a DGA Mach III and these wood ones catch mighty fine. They do have 26 sets of chain instead of the 24 sets that the DGA has.

ringsthree.jpg

Here is a closer look. BTW these are close to the deminsions of my Mach III.

rings.jpg

Here's one that we did and then made several. We now have a 18 basket course set up that is a very decent set up.
100_0923.JPG

I like this one. I am strapped for cash right now. But I think I can use this setup but instead of using the tire for a basket I'm going to use a square computer case hollowed out. I'll post pics tomorrow. I'm going to try to build it. Can someone tell me what the over all height and space between the top to the basket needs to be? I looked on PDGA.org but didn't really find anything.

Thanks

Knowing how much you like Magnets I thought this pic would upset you!

Actually I thought it was a good tribute to a Magnet. I have a couple that I don't throw anymore, and I would just use one of those.

Latest posts