• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

***HOW DO I MAXIMIZE MY DRIVE POTENTIAL???***

Q's about posting a video

Hey everyone,

I'm the one who made the original post on MAXIMIZING my drive. I thank everyone for their replies and suggestions. About making a video, I'm up for it. I have a video camera, and a digital camera that is able to take videos.

My question is, how do i go about getting it online? I watch youtube all the time, but I've never posted a video and I dont know where to start. Once I am able to figure it out, hopefully with everyones help, I will post it on here right away and wait for everyones views and opinions.

Thanks again and hope on hearing from you guys soon.

Hey everyone,

I'm the one who made the original post on MAXIMIZING my drive. I thank everyone for their replies and suggestions. About making a video, I'm up for it. I have a video camera, and a digital camera that is able to take videos.

My question is, how do i go about getting it online? I watch youtube all the time, but I've never posted a video and I dont know where to start. Once I am able to figure it out, hopefully with everyones help, I will post it on here right away and wait for everyones views and opinions.

Thanks again and hope on hearing from you guys soon.

make an account and then click on your name and go to my videos...then just upload the video!

I too have a big arm, I guess it helps being 6'5". The best advice I can offer is use a four finger power grip and be sure to keep your thumb at least an inch back from the rim. Personally, the further back from the rim the more consistent my drives are as it eliminates some of the flutter after release. Keep the disc low, too. Also try throwing a Boss. I've overthrown a 475' hole (flat, not downhill) on my home course on several occasions.

Regarding the Groove: The first run is considerably more overstable than the others. My first run is barely less stable than my Boss. However, the others always turnover hard when I put some serious heat on them. I would say they are very similar to the Valks.

If you use the X-step which I assume you do. Try slowing down the first two steps quite a bit, then build your speed up with the final two steps. I use to be one of thos aggro guys that had the 50mph run up and people bagged on it. Then one day I played a dubs round with this 50 something year old player. After the first tee he made a remark on the pace of my run up saying I looked like I was trying to rush to build power, and told me to try slowing down the begining of my step. Tried it on the next tee and not only did it increase distance, but also accuracy. I went from average drive 350-375 to 450+ is less than a few rounds. Might not sound like much advice, but try it for a round and notice the difference. By far the best tip i've used and noticed an immediate change.

Steroids, duh. Find A-Rod, he knows a guy.

I have been playing for longer than 3 years and I could say that I have one of the weakest arms that I've seen....! Sorry, can't help you, but good luck.

I got u beat. I have been playing for 10 yrs and I have 2 of the weakest arms that Ive seen

all I have to say is don't listen to the idiots that say switch to this disc and you'll get this much more distance. becuz unless your a newere player <3 years. You could just get lighter discs and throw further. It's all about form, I can throw 500' with perfect form but only about 350 average trying to power that disc down the faiway. Theres either a whole lot of top pros on this site or a whole lot of posers, either way I'll meet anyone for a distance throw off using only my CE Eagle and get more-D then all the fancy shit-discs (but I do use them for distance)!!!!!