• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far is your max distance. what disc do you use for max

I wish I could watch those videos but I have a crappy android and metro pcs service. I get about 2 seconds of video and then about 45 seconds of buffering before the next 2 seconds of video.

Well you just have to trust me then. Basically if a hole is wide open and 500' many pro's can and will deuce it in a tournament. Sure some can "only" throw 425 or 450 but those guys are at a disadvantage no doubt on longer courses. Even the Beast himself said 450' of power is needed to win a Worlds. No doubt. When you have power you can play over trees much easier, I see it all the time on the vids. The bombers play over trouble and the shorter guys have to play through it. 375 foot spike hyzer over trees? Some can do it some can't.

I feel old now. I'm 36 and max between 425-450 on flat ground, no wind. I've hit 500 a couple times with a decent tailwind but that is with a huge anny and very poor accuracy expectation.

450 is really not that uncommon where I live. Anyone claiming 500+ is either optimistic or has a cannon (I saw your distance videos Horsman so you don't have to comment). At least a third of the guys I play with can easily toss over 400 with pretty decent accuracy.

I think some of it also depends on where you live. As most people know, in Arizona lots of the holes are fairly wide open but long so people work hard to develop the huge long hyzer shot since it gives you a lot of easy 2's.

If you live in the woods with shorter tighter holes it isn't as necessary to throw 400+ all the time so you don't push your arm as much it seems like. Kind of like how baseball pitchers use long toss.

If you throw long all the time and can develop some decent form eventually your throws get longer. The flip side is when I go into the woods it takes me about 3 rounds to stop hitting trees on every throw since I am not use to the tighter lines.

46 yo.
6'-220 lbs
300+ ft.
Hit it with a few different discs of different speeds.
Horrid form. Just cannot break that barrier.
Playing for about a year.
I typically play very a wooded course.
Mainly throw mids and putters so my drivers gets little practice.

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER: DISTANCES ON THE INTERNET ARE LONGER THAN THEY APPEAR.

5-9 205 61 stand deliver 300 to 320 run up 340 to 375
That is in the air and on grass( no skip ).

I'll be 63 in twenty-two years and on a very good day under optimal conditions with marginally decent form I threw my Champ Boss almost 350 feet.

Once.

I can throw a tern around 400' sometimes more sometimes less but my distance has been increasing year after year after I joined this board. So thanks everyone that gives advise on here.

Everytime I read one of these threads it makes me laugh. I've played a lot of golf and ive played with a lot of good golfers and I've yet to see anyone throw farther that 425'. I just sawa guy rip one about 420' a couple weeks ago and that was the longest throw I think I've ever seen. The only way to measure distance accurately is with a tape measure. I have a wheel and it gets inaccurate pretty fast. All I'm sayin is there's an awful lot of guys on here claimin big numbers for me not to have ever run into anyone, ANYONE , who can throw that far. I'm sure there's some pros who can hit 500' in a distance contest but I don't think many of them are using those shots during a round. Just sayin.

pretty much

I see a lot of local players and the vast majority are not going over 425. Buts it's tough to say what is going on around here. Most people posting on a dg forum are probably hardcore gofers, so I can buy these numbers.

I hope this thread goes on for a while, because feel like we're close to guys starting to post dick measurements.

Last edited:
I'm 19, 5'9, and I've been playing for 3.5 years. I can consistently hit 400 with my Trespasses, and I got my beat-in Nuke out to about 470ish. Once. Everything about that throw was perfect.

IM 28 been playing since October got crappy ass form that I haven't been able to work on cuz of snow..best drive was 310 with champ tern accurately throw my tbird and tl about 225 maybe.....

Thank you! I am starting to feel like a schlub reading everyone's distances on here. I am also 29 but I can't throw very far, I think I max out around 310 on a good throw.

I have also wondered about this because it seems to me that taller people get easier distance than shorter people. I am 5'7 and I struggle to get distance on my drives. Although I also am not exactly sure what distances I am throwing because my local courses seem to have considerable discrepancies in their distances.
I am 6'2''. I am 42. My max that I know for sure is 377. Used a gateway baby blue illusion.

At 60 I get my Z Nuke out to 325 when things are working well. And I've gotten my Xcal out that far as well. Measured with Google Earth, and by the listed distance for a particular hole I've parked.

That's all level ground measurements.

Oh yeah, I'm only 5'4".

I'm not afraid to admit it, at the moment, I'm getting 325-350 avg on my drives.

That distance is when I'm really putting everything into it, trying to get max distance. - I have hit 400+ a few times, but I definitely can't do it on demand, and it is because I hit that perfect s curve or had a tailwind of some sort.

I'm 27, 6' 3", 175 lbs, and throw 300'-320' max with a 150g Blizzard Wraith or 172g Neutron Amp. That is of course on flat. I hear people talk all the time about throwing a certain distance, then they later mention about it being slightly downhill. Well hell, I can probably hit 400' on a slight downhill. Drives me crazy.

Anyways, being in West Virginia and playing almost exclusively heavily wooded courses, this really makes me want to move somewhere more open for a couple years just to see how much of a difference it might make. I do get tired of the average hole distances at my courses being around 200'.

I'm 24, 5 foot 7, and I have been playing since last summer. I come from an ultimate background, so I am probably a bit more advanced than some other yearlings. My absolute max is probably about 340-360 feet with a moderately beat Echo Star Wraith. However, I've taken everything above a speed 9 out of my bag in the winter so that I can always keep in control. I can comfortably and with moderate accuracy get my Teebirds out to 300-315.

The Tern replaced the Wahoo in my bag very late last year. I haven't gotten a lot of reps in with it, but will be sure to do so as it gets warmer. Today, for example, I took out my drivers and practiced in a field as my daughter took her piano lesson.

I averaged about 345' and my longest throw was about 360' with the Tern. And this was my first time really getting to throw them at all this year. This average is about 30' longer than my next longest disc, the OLF.

I have two Starlites at about 150g each, a single Star at about 163g and two Champs also at about 163. They're all fun to throw. It's fun to throw the Starlites a bit higher and watch the flip and fade. And the heavier ones go a long way thrown low and hard. I was very surprised at a couple of my throws that probably never went more than 10' off the ground. That was cool.

So... I'm hoping that with more reps, I might be able to get my average up to 350'-360' consistently. And I might even have an outside chance of some day breaking that elusive (for me) 400' mark. It's nice to at least be able to think that it might happen some day. I'm not giving up yet.

Latest posts