• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far is your max distance. what disc do you use for max

Some of the pros can throw aviars 400+ these days. Ridiculous. For me my max distance is just under 400 in the air and probably around 500 if I hit a roller just right. 400 air shot, usually a beat star wraith. Roller with a champ tern or champ sidewinder.

Yep. This was 6 1/2 year ago so I'm not sure what speed drivers they might have been throwing at the time. Seems that the Wraith was the new kid on the block around then, I think. So they wouldn't have been throwing any warp speed drivers. I didn't know enough at the time to have any sort of clue to identify what they were throwing. I just know that it was cool to see for a noob. Probably would still be pretty cool, today.

I think long arms are more important than height. I'm 5'10/165, but with a fingertip to fingertip measurement of 6'3. I max out above 550' (on any given year it varies from 550-580, still haven't cleared 600 without a 20MPH tailwind and a 150 class destroyer). More realistically on a given day I'll hit 500' on shots with any reliable accuracy, and I feel comfortable hitting 475' with very strong accuracy.

Hoping that the fact that I'm coming into 2013 in the best shape of my disc golfing life will help me pick up a few more feet (I say that every year, and its true that I'm in better shape each year - but it doesn't seem to directly correlate to more D beyond a point).

I think long arms are more important than height. I'm 5'10/165, but with a fingertip to fingertip measurement of 6'3. I max out above 550' (on any given year it varies from 550-580, still haven't cleared 600 without a 20MPH tailwind and a 150 class destroyer). More realistically on a given day I'll hit 500' on shots with any reliable accuracy, and I feel comfortable hitting 475' with very strong accuracy.

Hoping that the fact that I'm coming into 2013 in the best shape of my disc golfing life will help me pick up a few more feet (I say that every year, and its true that I'm in better shape each year - but it doesn't seem to directly correlate to more D beyond a point).
Pics or it didn't happen!!!

;)

from the practice basket at Bradford to and sometimes past the hole #2 tee. Yes that is going on a slight downhill grad but that had to be close to 500-550 feet.

I don't know about this, have they moved the practice basket?

I know Childres can bomb it, but if we're talking about the practice basket that I know, outside the treeline beside #1 fairway, there's no way it's 500 ft from the 2nd tee.

Pull it up on Google maps/satellite. #2 is listed as 410 ft on the course map, 460 on here, and the distance from the practice basket to the #2 tee is less than that even just eyeballing it.

Maybe you're talking about 18s basket to 2's tee? Or did you mean from the practice basket to #2 basket? I could see that being 500 ft maybe.

practice basket to #2 basket I assume because that is downhill and far enough..

practice basket to #2 basket I assume because that is downhill and far enough..

mmhmm, far enough for yours truly to layup 100 times out of 100. :hfive:

I'm 6'3", 42, Libra. I like cursing in the trees in public parks, walks on the beach, and pina coladas....

LOL, this was starting to sound like a e-dating forum.

Seriously, I've got about 350 of reasonable golf distance, max. maybe a bit more on occasion @ field work, on the odd throw where the stars align.

I don't much care what the message boarders say, as long as the locals know they've seen me do it. ;)
I totally agree with this statement. I could care less if people don't believe me on DGCR when I say how far I throw. The guys I play leagues with, other local tourney players & my friends know.
DISCLAIMER.... SOME PEOPLE TELL THE TRUTH
:thmbup:

Only in the disc golf world can you have so many people able to throw 400+, some over 500, hell maybe even 600 on a good day, in a 9 page thread and not one person includes a video of themselves actually proving it. God bless Al Gore and his internet. ;) lol..

I throw 300ft fairly reliable with a 139 Katana. But just recently I've been hitting the occasional 350-400ft epic freak bomb with a 174 UnLace. 51 years old, 5-11.

Online I see most people throwing their Rocs 300-350ft and their distance drivers 400-450ft. On my local courses I see most people throwing their midranges 200-250ft and their distance drivers 280-320ft. But the people I usually see on my course are also playing amateur intermediate in tourneys, I know advanced and open players are much better, maybe I just rarely see them out in the wild, because they are online all the time.

The only time I ever cracked 300 is downhill. On a flat field I currently max out at around 280 (with a 169 Star Tern). However, that still makes me extremely happy, because I only really started playing in October and back then I was maxing out at 150ft and I've seen good improvement basically every month. So good that people I don't even know commented on it. "Wow, you got much better since last time I saw you out here." Makes me happy. My goal for this year is to get over 300 reliably with my drivers and then work on improving distance with my midranges, maybe I'll make 300 with them some day as well.

Oh, I'm 33 and 6ft, and fat.

How far can you throw+ 100' to make sure I'm impressed? I like when these always pop up Always by someone that can't throw far at all. Why would someone that can throw 400+ care how far anyone else can?...

34, 6'0", 175lbs, playing 3 years...

Max distance around 350-375' with a 171g star wraith RHBH

Last edited:
35 6'0 260-265lbs, going on 4 years playing dg.

Max distance 340-360' depending on line or wind. Distance has been pushed to 400' on down hills and freakish windy days. Goto drivers for it are Lace and Unlace 172 m's.

I'm 26, 6'3", and 185lbs. My max distance I can confirm on flat ground with little wind was around 425ft. with a 400s D4. My usual distance is in the 350 - 370ft range on a decent day.

I'm 22, 5'11", 190 lbs. May distance on flat ground with a tailwind (8-10mph) was 520ft with a 168g Star Wraith, but that was on a huge flex line downwind in an open field and I have gotten nowhere near that since. Max repeatable distance is about 420' with the Wraith and about the same with a Saint and an Escape. Max distance with no wind on flat ground was 440' with the Escape (Lucid, 169g).

In the words of the The Great One (i.e. the Great one who didn't play hockey):
To the moon, Alice, to the moon.

How far can you throw+ 100' to make sure I'm impressed? I like when these always pop up Always by someone that can't throw far at all. Why would someone that can throw 400+ care how far anyone else can?...

It's a weiner comparing contest.

I wonder more, of the people that CAN throw 400+, how many consistently hit 20' putts.

I throw a C Line PD2 175 for Hyzerflips in the 650 range. I can get over 1000 sometimes downhill. I pretty much overpower any course with ease. I also drive a Red Ferrari 458, Make over 1 million a year and have a huge dck that my supermodel GF loves.

Very old post but man did this crack me up.

Latest posts