• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] How far should you be able to throw a buzzz?

I can go about 300-320 without wind depending on the day, but with wind help I've even got about 350 sometimes. On the course I'll throw it about 300 or more if theres elevation loss

I throw my Buzzz...into the the trash. Then I grab my Roc. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

for a starter 220-250 is not bad for a buzzz.
I suggest you not throw any drivers until you can throw your buzzz longer than your signature.

Past 300 I have to put hight and a bit of any to get it any further, for me a Buzzz is 300 a straight low line. Past that distance wise I have to add hight and turn. Max distance prob 330 or 350 on a really good throw. But past 330 I go for a Teebird or beat Predator.

Most of you that are saying over 300. If you were out on the course, I bet you would disc up to fairway driver. Just because you can throw a Buzzz 300+ does not mean you do it in a tourney.

275' - 350' and this should be only if you can hit the line accurately and consistently otherwise grab a disc that you can do it with.

I still remember MJ getting his Z-buzzz wedged in the side of the basket hole #11 during the 2010 tourn at Lakes Edge DGC in Reidsville. The short tee I think is 405' and he was only about 6 inches from chains.

My home course has a lot of low ceilings so I'll throw it on average 275'. That's on course distance and keeping it no more than 10' off the ground. On courses with no low ceilings I throw it on everything 350 and under (that's still course distance though, not trying to just rip it as hard as I can).

I usually do not throw my buzz farther then 300 - 325 as I just find I am more accurate at that range with a different disc.

Cheers - Koffee

270-350' depending on the lines. If it's straight and open 350' I'll throw the buzzz, but if there's turn and/or hyzer I'll throw the Gazelle.

in my opinion, buzzes are too flippy to throw far but if i get a good throw with my roc i can throw it around 375

in my opinion, buzzes are too flippy to throw far but if i get a good throw with my roc i can throw it around 375

I agree if you're throwing a Buzzz on a straight line or S curve the way you would a Roc, but if you throw the Buzzz with a little more straight hyzer it will do the work itself.

I wouldn't worry that much about how far you should throw it because some people just don't throw it as far as others. I can throw mine 300-325 but I know people that throw it way longer and way shorter. Throw it how you throw it and keep working on your form and your distance will increase.