• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far will you go?

What will you do to get your disc back?

• look for 3 min

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • look for 10 min

Votes: 20 15.4%
  • look for 20 min

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Until it is found

Votes: 61 46.9%
  • I will go in a nasty pond full of goose crap

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • I will only go in if the water is moving

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • I dont go in water, I have more plastic

Votes: 14 10.8%

• Total voters
i'm still looking for somebody that will stab a person. i know they are here. people love their plastic.

Last edited:
Don't want to incriminate anyone, but I have a hunch Franky D carries a Gator (Gerber not Innova) on his hip while on the course, for intimidation, not man slaying.

A buddy and I were playing Preisker Park in Santa Maria and I threw over the larger brick fence on hole number 9. It landed inside a locked boat and rv storage area. I tried to call the manager and see if there was anyway to get in. He, of course, was unwilling to help out so we backed the car up to the fence, i jumped over, grabbed my disc and used an rv ladder to climb back out.

How far I will go often depends upon how formidable the hazard is and whether I have expendable clothes on (often I do not).

A $15 or cheaper piece of plastic might not be that cheap to some folks, but its a hell of a lot cheaper than dealing with even a minor medical issue should you find something in that water you didn't want to. If someone wants to take that risk and ends up finding my plastic, they can have it.

A buddy and I were playing Preisker Park in Santa Maria and I threw over the larger brick fence on hole number 9. It landed inside a locked boat and rv storage area. I tried to call the manager and see if there was anyway to get in. He, of course, was unwilling to help out so we backed the car up to the fence, i jumped over, grabbed my disc and used an rv ladder to climb back out.

Vandalism of said storage area is needed.

Vandalism of said storage area is needed.

Yeah the guy was a real douche about it too. It was the storage area for the neighborhood and he basically laughed and said there was probably someone there with a key but he didn't know who and hung up.

depends on the disc, but i've gone into the river for a disc before (freshly dyed predator), and found a few others while i was in there :), most of the time it depends on if there are other groups playing behind me and their pace. if no one is behind me i'll spend some time, if i don't find it i'll go back (happened to me last week).

I also had one land on the roof over the first floor of a building outside my college deans second story office. Had to go see her the next day and ask if I could climb out of her window and get it. She said it would be better for her insurance if a school employee crawled out over the roof, so she got a janitor to go get it. Then she asked me all about disc golf.

"Hmm... well they'll make more." - Mark Ellis after I told him I just lost a disc. One of the best pieces of advice I've ever been given because it made me realize that those little pieces of plastic aren't really that important.

Originally Posted by prerube:
The following are some of the lost disc threads commented on in 2009.

How long do you look for discs:

Longest you ever looked
Katana's How long do you look
Furthest you've gone to save a disc
How far will you go for a disc
How long do you search

Does anyone return discs?

Do you return discs you find?
Does anyone ever return discs
Question about returning discs
Katana's Do you call the number on losts discs
Katana's How many have you returned
Percent returned?
Katana's Do you return DX?Katana's Would you return a cracked disc?
Katana's Would you returna disc to Katana
Katana's lost found ratio

Disc diving and charging for discs

Charging for returned discs
Diving for discs
Fishing for discs
Disc Diving vs. Retreivers
Do you call numbers of discs you find in the water?
Katana's Creeks and Ponds poll

Finding and buying inked discs
Finding an inked disc
Inked disc on ebay
Buying a lost disc
Rules for giving back inked discs you bought

Other Lost and Found Disc Threads
How long do you wait until it's yours
Best returned disc story
Ethics
Found someone using one of my discs
You know they gave up (inked discs)

I hope this answers any and all questions about lost discs, how we feel, what to do, ect. There are even more, but this summed it up nicely

Are you a moderator Prerube? I'm just curious cause you always tell people what to do.

I'm sure most people do look for stuff before they post a thread it's just the search function isn't that great and I know that new people have no idea just how extensive the archives might be. I think that as users continue to join this problem will never go away and that you just might drive yourself crazy trying to audit every new thread with a list of previous threads that are similar.

Last edited:
last week I went in a fast moving river, in below 30 air temps, to get a disc i hate.

Latest posts