• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] How many fairway/control drivers do you use?

How many fairway/control drivers do you carry?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 2.6%

Votes: 17 7.2%

Votes: 52 22.1%

Votes: 65 27.7%
  • 5+

Votes: 95 40.4%

• Total voters
Champ Firebird, VIP Hatchet, F2 in 400 plastic.

I quit carrying overstable mids because I can take a little off the F2 and get the same flight. And I quit carrying understable 7 speeds because understable mids are almost as long and less punishing for my misses.

So when I use my bag, it's more a more logical situation. Space is limited and I need room for five Rocs, you know? So I carry:

2 ESP Cyclones
1 Millennium EXP-1
1 Pro Valkyrie, 2 Champ Valkyries;1 Star Valkyrie
2 DX Firebirds

BUT..I have a cart. Having a cart allows me to carry soooo many discs it's more like having a home bar..."I forget why I have this bottle of Southern Comfort, but it's not hurting anything here and some day I'll make a drink with it to remind me why I don't drink it". :| So in the cart I have:

Neutron Signal
Champion Leopard
2 ESP Cyclones
Q JLS
Star TL
Millennium EXP-1
Q EXP-X
1 Pro Valkyrie, 2 Champ Valkyries;1 Star Valkyrie
2 DX Firebirds

Then I basically throw Cyclones and Valks all day anyway. :|

The Champ Leopard and Star TL are mystifying; they are molds that I should be able to throw and they are both 165g, but I can't throw either worth a damn. The Q JLS is right there, though. If I ever ran out of Cyclones (which I won't) the JLS is so nice I'd just switch to that. I probably should have switched to it waaayyy back when instead of buying a lifetime supply of Cyclones, but eh?

Three Leopards (DX, Pro, Star); two Teebirds (Star, Champ); Roadrunner (Star) and Firebird (Star) in the full bag carrying a total of 17 discs. I could cut down to a Pro Leopard and the Star Teebird and not feel overly handicapped.

Right now I carry 4 molds but a less and more stable version of each for 8 discs total. Leopard3, Thunderbird, Firebird, Roadrunner. Often I'm carrying a Teebird or 2 as well. I only carry 1 or 2 different distance drivers at most.

Firebird, Alpha, Undertaker, Jackalope, Freetail

Sometimes a Mantis if I only want to carry one US fairway

Flippy teebird, straight teebird
Beat firebird, fresh firebird
Flippy sidewinder
P-PD, S-PD.

I carry six 9 speeds all of the same mold, all Undertakers. Made in so many plastics you can get all the different stabilities from very US to significantly OS. Bagged right now from most US to most OS is a Pro D, Ti Swirl, ESP, Z FLX, FR Z and Cryztal sparkle.

I don't think there's much (if any) room between a stag and undertaker. Definitely room for bookends on the stability spectrum outside of those two. - edit - I should check how old the OP actually is before replying.

I'm probably going to switch up my lineup this season (shocking) but I typically carry 6 discs in 4 molds for the control/fairway portion of my loadout

I use a lot of control/fairways. I think this is because I have all the firebirds and slow flippy drivers that everyone bags, but then I also lean on them more for "distance" where others have the armspeed for distance.