• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many own a retriever?

Do you own a Golden Retriever disc recovery tool?

• Yes

Votes: 54 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 69 56.1%

• Total voters
i wanted to try to make one of my own but they are only 25 buck ehh i should just buy one

I actually built one and it works better then the one I had. A buddy gifted me his before he joined the air force and it feel out of my bag on my local course where no one has the manners to run up to the group in front of them to return dropped disc ect. I used steal from an old bike frame and cold formed it into the shape hit it with an arc welder to seal it and its gold. Got like 100ft kite line on it so no disc is outta my reach

I think you mean steel from a bike frame.:D

When I first read that, I thought you stole a bike and used the parts from it.

That is all well and good, but a 23 foot line is nowhere near long enough for the pond I deal with.

7c2b1009.jpg

Even with the amount of rope they give you with the GR, I can only reach about halfway to the middle. Can't see a damn thing a foot below, either. You just have to start fishing a general area if you see one go in.

I don't own one, but not many courses around here have water on them other then puddles and creeks that are normally dried up

I said I had a GR, but mine is actually a Limited Edition pink one. Anybody else got one of those?

On Saturday I packed my new GR, walked up to two players that were just about to go in and save a disc. I said no,wait. Wipped my GR and pulled out his disc,that happen 2 more times that day. Even one of my own. That thing payed for it self right out of the package.

I threw a disc in the water at Fountain Hills so I went fishing. All I got was a disc that belonged to fliphyzer who had just introduced himself to me minutes earlier.

Latest posts